Quick Idea And Poll Please Vote/respond

funkyshot

What do you think?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea or bad?

• This would be a great idea.
    • This would not make a difference to me / o.k idea.
    • This is a bad idea.

Anyway the idea is after we get a working updater to have custom weapons for the pvp winners of the month. By custom I mean one of a kind item with the winners name in it that's not allowed to be traded. Do you guys think this is a silly idea or a half way decent idea? Please give feed back on what you guys think. Mind you please keep in mind i'm assuming we will have a working updater when this is implemented.

• Administrator

Here are some reasons why this is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented:

• There is no serious PvP Ladder, there are no real PvP matches, the pvp event is just that, an event for fun. Players battle against ~10 other players, that does not deserve a one of a kind item.
  • A one of a kind item is not just a model, it is also data in the game. There should not be equipment pieces made for a SINGLE person for any purpose whatsoever(except staff members if so). Waste of resources.
  • Like I said before, one is not a special flake after winning 10 matches once a month. PvP Seasons take around 3-6 months and the rewards are the same for those who get to the top of the ladder, and all that takes a lot of skill and time. The only thing that would make sense is a PvP Set/weapons/other items that are shared for ALL of those who get to the top that changes every season, not a new item every month.
  • And add to all of that the imbalance between some classes right now and that some don't even work properly

Here are some reasons why this is a bad idea and shouldn't be implemented:

• There is no serious PvP Ladder, there are no real PvP matches, the pvp event is just that, an event for fun. Players battle against ~10 other players, that does not deserve a one of a kind item.
  • A one of a kind item is not just a model, it is also data in the game. There should not be equipment pieces made for a SINGLE person for any purpose whatsoever(except staff members if so). Waste of resources.
  • Like I said before, one is not a special flake after winning 10 matches once a month. PvP Seasons take around 3-6 months and the rewards are the same for those who get to the top of the ladder, and all that takes a lot of skill and time. The only thing that would make sense is a PvP Set/weapons/other items that are shared for ALL of those who get to the top that changes every season, not a new item every month.
  • And add to all of that the imbalance between some classes right now and that some don't even work properly

I agree with all of these points, but what if you just renamed the item to something of the winner's choice? Would that work or is that also not possible?

I don't know about wasting resources on creating something custom with new textures and models. Sounds kinda extreme.

Zohor's idea sounded more pliable. Renaming the item would be cool, But I think I asked for it before in PD and was told No. Never said why though, so maybe PvP winners of official PvP ladders only could get an item renamed.