How to not get scammed

Umi

Tired of getting scammed? Have you ran into situations where you’ve lost items to players who told you one thing but did another? Have you perhaps purchased an item for large sums of gold when you thought it was something else? If that sounds like you (or even if it doesn’t) this guide is for you!

Always be sure you can trust those who you are trading with.

People like costumes and items. Players will come up to you and ask to try something on or ask to borrow an item. NEVER give items to someone you don’t know and trust. Players will treat you very nicely, get your item, and leave.

Another tip is this: If a player says “Trust me” to get you to do something, don’t.

Never loan your items unless you are willing to lose them permanently.

This goes hand-in-hand with the topic above. If someone wants to try an item you have, there is nothing to force them to give it back to you. The instant you hand over your item, consider it gone. Whether or not you get it back is now up to whether or not the player wants to give it back. So, that being said, any time you loan an item or trade, make sure the items are ones that you don’t care about losing.

Never loan your items to players who want to try out your equipment.

Just like the above points, if a player wants to try out your equipment, remember that great 3-word-phrase: “Just Say No”.

Never trade your items to players that will help you level up.

Leveling up is your responsibility. If someone wants to help you, they can do so out of the kindness of their little Luna hearts, that is fine; but if a players needs items you have to “help you level”, there is a good chance they want the items but don’t have any intention of helping you level. Don’t hand over items unless you’re ok losing them.

Never trade your items to be accepted in a party or family.

Luna is a game of making friends and having fun together. Friends will not “charge” you items in order to include you in a party or family. If they try to charge you an item or gold to include you in a party or family, walk away and find a party or family that wants you because you’re interested!

Never trade your items to players willing to upgrade it for free.

This one is simple. If you remember the phrase “Nothing in the world is free”, you will be safe. If a player says they will upgrade an item for free, they probably mean they won’t charge you for the item upgrade, but also that they won’t be giving it back to you with the upgrade.

Never reveal your account information to another player.

This is the reason accounts get hacked, characters get deleted, items and gold get lost and players get very very sad. Sharing account information is against the Terms of Service agreement and this is one of the reasons why. When you share your account information, it allows this other person to access your account and do whatever they want with it because, as far as the game knows, it’s you!

This way, a player can log onto your character(s), whisper one of his friends, and transfer as many of your items as they want. They can then go to the character select screen and delete each and every one of the characters you have.

Your account information is private. This means you should not share it with your brother or sister, friends, guild mates, or anyone else. When your account information is safe, so are your characters!

• Upvote 15

+1

oh yeah, for those who are sharing acc, dont send the id and pass through note, there might be other people that can saw that note and log in that acc

When you say '+1' You're supposed to give reputation.

Just saying.

Oh and dear, I'll pin this. ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

more info about how they do scam

i have once in situation like this before :

when i tried to sell my 1 set holy armor, some1 whispered me and say "do you wanna trade ur 1 set holy to my G axe +13 ?"

then i said yes, he asked me to meet him at gate of alker.

we open trade, i put my holy set and he put his g axe +13 (first he put the right g axe+13)

then suddenly he cancel trade. i asked why ?

then we did some convertation a while, and did the trade one more time..

he put his g axe and i put my holy set.... then what happened ?

when i saw to his g axe that he put to trade list, its not the g axe +13 that he put before

its only a clean g axe...... owwww :blink:

i cancel the trade, and noticed that he try to scam me.

what will happen if i didnt re-see that g axe ?? and made a quick trade ??

what i got on trading my 1 set holy ??? Clean G axe ??? Ouchhh...

Becarefull guys if you have a situation like this...

always beware and wary....

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...