Next Update

MarioJT

Question

I dont mean to hurry you admins, just wanna ask whats on your mind guys? you seem to have something big for the next update since Ive heard that its been years without update. can you give me(or us) some spoiler or sneak peak or something? hehe and I thought Id rather have  an update every month worth < 50mb than a yearly one worth 480mb.

once again I dont mean to hurry or criticize your work, lol I dont even donate, I have no 'rights' to criticize and asking you too much, you have done a great job guys and keep up the goodwork :lol:

16 answers to this question

• Administrator

We aren't wizards nor a company with a professional big dev team. We do what we can when we can. We were not able to push any patches due to our patcher and how Luna itself operates and the file types it uses.

We have been working on, adding and testing new technologies that will let us push patches with whatever and whenever we want. That is not easy because we did not create this game, and even so those who did create it did a pretty sloppy job. (Hint at why all servers shut down, even the "comeback" original developer's server in Korea..).

There is and never will be a server like ours, I've said this before and it's completely true, we are adding features and content, and revamping some as well, creating a completely unique Luna experience. It won't be just costumes and armor.

We aren't wizards nor a company with a professional big dev team. We do what we can when we can. We were not able to push any patches due to our patcher and how Luna itself operates and the file types it uses.

We have been working on, adding and testing new technologies that will let us push patches with whatever and whenever we want. That is not easy because we did not create this game, and even so those who did create it did a pretty sloppy job. (Hint at why all servers shut down, even the "comeback" original developer's server in Korea..).

There is and never will be a server like ours, I've said this before and it's completely true, we are adding features and content, and revamping some as well, creating a completely unique Luna experience. It won't be just costumes and armor.

Yes, we appreciate your help and work on the patches, but it seems to be really long time with no patches. The "upcomming patch" you were talking about it the article you posted: What's with it? People have no information how it goes, if it stopped, if you are still working about it, etc.

I know it must be a lot of work - and time - to create something, but is it taking more than a year? If yes, why for example *another server* is still developing new content and adding "completely new" maps.

I'm sorry, but with no news, patchs, events, raid bosses or even information about it...I can't help it, but this game seems for me to be dead.

Edited by PinkiePie
  • Upvote 2

Yes, we appreciate your help and work on the patches, but it seems to be really long time with no patches. The "upcomming patch" you were talking about it the article you posted: What's with it? People have no information how it goes, if it stopped, if you are still working about it, etc.

I know it must be a lot of work - and time - to create something, but is it taking more than a year? If yes, why for example Arch Luna Online is still developing new content and adding COMPLETELY new maps.

I'm sorry, but with no news, patchs, events, raid bosses or even information about it...I can't help it, but this game seems for me to be dead.

It actually has been stated in some IRC chats that the update is near completion. Testing has to be done as well, it's not easy for two people to fix a game that was put together so badly. Also, it's against the forum rules to talk about other servers. Yes, they have maps and such but they're working from Plus, not implementing plus maps into a classic server. And from what I know that server of yours is known for stealing files from the other servers which i won't name. Volcano maps are not "new." They were in another server before it closed down. It isn't hard to just copy someone elses work.

It actually has been stated in some IRC chats that the update is near completion. Testing has to be done as well, it's not easy for two people to fix a game that was put together so badly. Also, it's against the forum rules to talk about other servers. Yes, they have maps and such but they're working from Plus, not implementing plus maps into a classic server. And from what I know that server of yours is known for stealing files from the other servers which i won't name. Volcano maps are not "new." They were in another server before it closed down. It isn't hard to just copy someone elses work.

Huh, I wouldn't call it "stealing", if you take it like this, all luna maps are "stealed" (from the gPotato original), it'd be better to call it copying, stealing is.. too much :c. But actually I didn't know this, I'm sorry for talking about the original content they made, cause I didn't play on that server that much. I should check it better first.

I just wanted to point out it can take less than a year to implement a game.

Huh, I wouldn't call it "stealing", if you take it like this, all luna maps are "stealed" (from the gPotato original), it'd be better to call it copying, stealing is.. too much :c. But actually I didn't know this, I'm sorry for talking about the original content they made, cause I didn't play on that server that much. I should check it better first.

I just wanted to point out it can take less than a year to implement a game.

Yes it can, for a small update. But this isnt a small update, there's a lot of stuff being worked on right now. The only thing you and I can do now is wait and not bug them about when it will come.. Patience is key.

• Game Master

I'm just going to say, I don't think you guys know how much effort goes into how much they're doing for the server. With having only two people working on it, and both of them having lives aside from CL, they do as much as they can. It goes without saying, though, that they need time to truck through it. CL's going to go through a big change and two people are making that happen all by themselves. Give them some credit, be a little patient, and you'll see just how great they are at what they do in time.

• Administrator

Different servers run different versions with different files, PinkiePie. All Luna+ server though run the same buggy files, Luna+ has so many more bugs than vanilla. The server you mentioned already runs plus files so they don't have to do much to push patches.

I wanted to clear up the volcano maps confusion, those ARE Luna+ maps, nobody stole them from anywhere, they are official maps, they just maybe never made it to the official servers you played but they are official. It would only be stealing if it was a custom map from another server, but whatever is official everybody takes to implement it later perhaps, not steal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

wow so its since 2011, fortunately as a new player I havent got the boredom yet, so do you have a plan to keep those who have played for 4-5 years? like events or something? they surely already bored. and whats going on on that volcano map? havent heard the issue.

• Upvote 1

I just like to do... waiting the GMs do their bests, XD

well, I mean as long as players want to play nicely, it will be good help to GM's works for updating this games :)

be nice playing means:

-not just by don't break rules,

-but also don't do Bug Exploitation,

-and don't use Illegal Program or anything that might be harm to this game, etc etc