Question.

Hidatte

Question

20 answers to this question

• Administrator

IMO agility is the best stat for damage dealer fighter type, especially human race. Human get rage burst skill which increase critical damage when wielding sword. Agility increase hit,evasion,critical rate and of course critical damage.

Critical damage is only increased with critical damage and it depends on your physical attack. Agility/dexterity only gives rate, not damage.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Critical damage is only increased with critical damage and it depends on your physical attack. Agility/dexterity only gives rate, not damage.

Really? O.o I noticed a big difference in my sm's critical damage after a restat from vit to dex. Same buffs and everything.

Well it shouldn't, it should only increase rate, critical damage always depends on your physical attack and whatever gives you critical damage.

If I remember correctly dex increased critical damage in the official server as well. While strength only helped your physical attack and strike slightly.

If I remember correctly dex increased critical damage in the official server as well. While strength only helped your physical attack and strike slightly.

This. 20 str = 1 strike + a variable amount of physical attack based on some unknown algorithm. 20 dex would have some really really slight impact on critical damage, but it's still noticeable. Not like 1k but maybe 20 dex = +100 critical damage or something.

This. 20 str = 1 strike + a variable amount of physical attack based on some unknown algorithm. 20 dex would have some really really slight impact on critical damage, but it's still noticeable. Not like 1k but maybe 20 dex = +100 critical damage or something.

20 Dex = 2% critical damage

1 str's contribution to physical attack depends on your base physical attack (no weapons equipped) it will add the certain percentage to it. Same goes for buffs that add a certain % of physical attack such as Warrior Form, Might, Burning Rage or Solid Weapon

• Administrator

I'm not talking about other servers, I'm talking about fair stat distribution. Your critical damage should not be affected by dexterity, that is my sole opinion to be clear here, otherwise too many sub-stats are affected by a base stat making others less useful and creating an imbalance making one stat clearly better than the others. Dexterity should only increase evasion, strike/hit chance and critical rate, while strength and intelligence would increase their respective power types, vitality health, health recovery and defense and wisdom mana, mana recovery and (it should) "magical strike"(the spell resist/block) and magical critical rate slightly. Magical/physical damage should always depend on your power and only very slight (not as much as there currently is in game) by spells and reinforcements/etc that give raw critical damage increase.

but. many dex players have low p.d. so i think its balance ..... we cant grind so much ....... but we can war* ...... they can grind so much ....... but really noob in war

All I can say now is that I guess it's good to use it for now, until the update comes, then we can see what happens to the nice crit damage boost. Dex is overall the best stat even without critical damage because of the evasion/strike/critical rate. It'll just be tougher to hit hard when you have Dexterity I suppose.

is not about Other Server... much of us from Old-Players already knew about the secret of "Dex can also Increase Critical Damage"

we were already Discuss it long-long time ago, STR VS DEX which one is increase Critical Damage better? the answer is DEX

the Topic Post itself might be archived, and yes I won't make this "Posts" more longer :)

back to topic, AGI=Agility, is the Phillo Name of Dexterity... AGI maybe good for Fighter, but people are usually more interested to the Initial status and Philloing their items to High Strike, High Evasion, or High Critical instead of philoing them to High AGI... XD

• Administrator

Let me explain why dexterity should not be what it is, you have to make a choice and your choice in base stats should always have two things, pros and cons, you cannot gain the pros of two base stats from just one otherwise it's not fair;

when you pick vitality you gain defense and health but you sacrifice power.

when you pick strength or intelligence you gain blunt raw power but you sacrifice defense and health.

when you pick dexterity you(should) gain evasion, hit chance(your strike) and critical rate.

wisdom is a hybrid of dexterity for magic and vitality for mana.

Right now with dexterity you gain those 3 perks of evasion/strike/crit but you also gain the equivalent of having high power (crit damage based on power) as well since it adds critical damage, critical damage should always and only be based on your existing power aside from buffs/passive, that is unfair to the other stats, I hope you see what I'm saying, it should not be that way, you should always give up something if you wish to gain something from X stat. 

I don't have to play and deal with stats, it's you who do, wouldn't you feel better knowing that base stats are balanced and there is no sure win path but all paths are an equal amount of fun and thought? 

Also you can't say dex is ok the way it is because you give up pdef so it's fair, are you forgetting that full str and int also give up pdef? lol.

• Upvote 1

Let me explain why dexterity should not be what it is, you have to make a choice and your choice in base stats should always have two things, pros and cons, you cannot gain the pros of two base stats from just one otherwise it's not fair;

when you pick vitality you gain defense and health but you sacrifice power.

when you pick strength or intelligence you gain blunt raw power but you sacrifice defense and health.

when you pick dexterity you(should) gain evasion, hit chance(your strike) and critical rate.

wisdom is a hybrid of dexterity for magic and vitality for mana.

Right now with dexterity you gain those 3 perks of evasion/strike/crit but you also gain the equivalent of having high power (crit damage based on power) as well since it adds critical damage, critical damage should always and only be based on your existing power aside from buffs/passive, that is unfair to the other stats, I hope you see what I'm saying, it should not be that way, you should always give up something if you wish to gain something from X stat. 

I don't have to play and deal with stats, it's you who do, wouldn't you feel better knowing that base stats are balanced and there is no sure win path but all paths are an equal amount of fun and thought? 

Also you can't say dex is ok the way it is because you give up pdef so it's fair, are you forgetting that full str and int also give up pdef? lol.

Well here's another thing as well. Those who do go pure dex sacrifice the ability of being able to hit high against those who have high physical defense. Due to the sacrifice of Physical Attack, they are more affected by the defense of targets. While Strength people sacrifice strike/critical rate for raw power, Dexterity people sacrifice Physical attack for more damage against non tanker types. It's very noticeable when you begin to attack tankers/pdef mages. The damage is notably different. I do see your point though, you don't want one stat choice having dominance over another. But again, Dexterity was made for rogues who use it for stacking their critical damage alongside their buffs and things like strike/evasion/crit chance. Fighters only really use it for the critical chance/strike. 

An example would be X Swordmaster that is dex facing Y Paladin who is vit. 

The sword master will average around 8k-9k p.a, while the Paladin will have around 9k+ pdef, which means the sword master will probably barely even scratch the paladin. But let's say the Sword master was strength, he'd have around 10k-11k p.a, thus hitting through the Paladin's Pdef. It all depends on your play style, Dexterity if you want to hit non-tankers like Rogues and Dual/Two-Handed characters. Strength if you want to hit physical defense type characters.

But as I said I do see your viewpoint, you're trying to keep one stat from being too overpowered. But in the end getting rid of crit damage from Dex will only make the Dex type sword master/Destroyer go even lower into the pit than it already is, thus making Dex be viewed as useless to most.

In the same way, Strength sucks versus Rogues due to lack of the bonus strike. So each has a major flaw in it. Strength is for those who want pure damage, without any thoughts of accuracy. Dex is for those who wish to avoid dealing with tankers and just going for the foes with lower physical defense.

Also, there is no sure win class considering that Dex people do die as quickly as Str people. Considering RI and Fearful Blow are set in place to deal with Evasion, even if you do have 400+ evasion from having dex, you will die. Each class has a specific weakness that is available, The weaknesses vary upon the stat, the class and the user. It's like this:

Str over vit, Vit over Dex, Dex over Str.

• Upvote 2

• Administrator

Well here's another thing as well. Those who do go pure dex sacrifice the ability of being able to hit high against those who have high physical defense. Due to the sacrifice of Physical Attack, they are more affected by the defense of targets. While Strength people sacrifice strike/critical rate for raw power, Dexterity people sacrifice Physical attack for more damage against non tanker types. It's very noticeable when you begin to attack tankers/pdef mages. The damage is notably different. I do see your point though, you don't want one stat choice having dominance over another. But again, Dexterity was made for rogues who use it for stacking their critical damage alongside their buffs and things like strike/evasion/crit chance. Fighters only really use it for the critical chance/strike. 

An example would be X Swordmaster that is dex facing Y Paladin who is vit. 

The sword master will average around 8k-9k p.a, while the Paladin will have around 9k+ pdef, which means the sword master will probably barely even scratch the paladin. But let's say the Sword master was strength, he'd have around 10k-11k p.a, thus hitting through the Paladin's Pdef. It all depends on your play style, Dexterity if you want to hit non-tankers like Rogues and Dual/Two-Handed characters. Strength if you want to hit physical defense type characters.

But as I said I do see your viewpoint, you're trying to keep one stat from being too overpowered. But in the end getting rid of crit damage from Dex will only make the Dex type sword master/Destroyer go even lower into the pit than it already is, thus making Dex be viewed as useless to most.

In the same way, Strength sucks versus Rogues due to lack of the bonus strike. So each has a major flaw in it. Strength is for those who want pure damage, without any thoughts of accuracy. Dex is for those who wish to avoid dealing with tankers and just going for the foes with lower physical defense.

Also, there is no sure win class considering that Dex people do die as quickly as Str people. Considering RI and Fearful Blow are set in place to deal with Evasion, even if you do have 400+ evasion from having dex, you will die. Each class has a specific weakness that is available, The weaknesses vary upon the stat, the class and the user. It's like this:

Str over vit, Vit over Dex, Dex over Str.

I see what you're saying, however I believe that critical damage is still too affected by Dexterity and other sources, you shouldn't reach crazy amounts of crit damage such as 350%, there should be a cap. (A few stats need a cap honestly)

And if we go into the pdef issue, if it's as literal as strike vs evasion then that's another problem, pdef should be a damage reducer not a literal point vs point, it should reduce a % of incoming damage based on how much defense you have (and your level) never surpassing a maximum %, 60-75% maximum perhaps, so that if you are a tank with high pdef you will also have block and you are good to go but you should never get very little to no damage from anything. 

I'm not sure how critical works vs pdef, if it's full damage or not regardless of the defense of the target, but if pdef was how I said it then crits based on your patk would be reduced by their pdef but still be 200% damage of what you did or around that number.

ps: maybe I should give up on Luna's stats altogether

based on my experiment. regarding critical dmg against high deff players. its like hitting the person without crit. i mean* if i ever get crit dmg to my opponent with high deff. my crit dmg is the same as my dmg that are not crit . ex : my non crit dmg is 6k . against high deff player. even if i crit, my dmg would be 6k. this is weird to me. because in luna online. crit dmg destroys all defence and should give full blows to the opponents. thats why sometimes players from old servers can dish out crazy dmg

I see what you're saying, however I believe that critical damage is still too affected by Dexterity and other sources, you shouldn't reach crazy amounts of crit damage such as 350%, there should be a cap. (A few stats need a cap honestly)

And if we go into the pdef issue, if it's as literal as strike vs evasion then that's another problem, pdef should be a damage reducer not a literal point vs point, it should reduce a % of incoming damage based on how much defense you have (and your level) never surpassing a maximum %, 60-75% maximum perhaps, so that if you are a tank with high pdef you will also have block and you are good to go but you should never get very little to no damage from anything.

I'm not sure how critical works vs pdef, if it's full damage or not regardless of the defense of the target, but if pdef was how I said it then crits based on your patk would be reduced by their pdef but still be 200% damage of what you did or around that number.

ps: maybe I should give up on Luna's stats altogether

Haha, About the giving up on stats, if no one complains about it being overpowered why change it? The only stat I commonly see being complained about at all is Magical Attack (it's visibly weaker than the other stats.), even then that's rare. So in the players eyes, the stats seem pretty fair.

• Administrator

Haha, About the giving up on stats, if no one complains about it being overpowered why change it? The only stat I commonly see being complained about at all is Magical Attack (it's visibly weaker than the other stats.), even then that's rare. So in the players eyes, the stats seem pretty fair.

That's because they got used to it, same with classes there are  predominant classes, I am hoping we improve and fix skills in a way that people want to play and master different classes more often than just going for the sure win class and the amount of players playing each class is somewhat balanced.

That's because they got used to it, same with classes there are predominant classes, I am hoping we improve and fix skills in a way that people want to play and master different classes more often than just going for the sure win class and the amount of players playing each class is somewhat balanced.

Sounds interesting, i look forward to seeing what you guys will do. Well I guess we've answered his question more than enough now lol