Have to reinstall Game everytime i want to play

Mitsuba

Hello. I am truly sorry if this topic has been talked about already. I have searched this forum for several hours looking for an answer or solution and have come to the conclusion that there is not a solution to my current technical difficulty. No matter what, with out fail, every time I logout of the game and shutdown the client, in order for me to be able to play again, I must uninstall and reinstall the client each and every time. Is there any solution at all to this problem or must I be forced to continue that pattern to play Celestia Luna?

I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with 3 gigs of ram and a single core processor at 2.2 GHz. I currently have 140+ gigs HDD space available.

I am aware that this topic is an old thread. I have read this thread regarding new posts: http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/forum-15/announcement-12-search-before-starting-a-new-topic/ I have done my homework well and can inform Administrator Orange I am not a lazy person. I even Googled the issue, but couldn't find a viable solution. Trust me, the last thing I wanted to do was post on a forum of any kind. None of the other posts or threads have been able to solve my technical struggles.

Now once the game loads after a reinstall it loads just fine until I close the client. After that, it wont load to the login screen.

Also before I am asked to check this link I have already been over it. This link does not solve the issue: http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/topic/25826-top-3-technical-issues/ This is a direct quote copy and pasted: "Even if we do already have a longer read and more detailed player constructed technical issues thread players seem to ignore it." If such a thread exists I would be more than happy to read it. If it has the solution to my current problem, then I would be beyond grateful if it actually solved my problem.

My Anti-virus is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have already added exception and the other 2 technical difficulties listed in that thread are not relevant. Again I cannot get to the login screen as it fails to load. Once I make it to the server screen everything is fine. Again the only way that happens is to reinstall the client. 

I appreciate any help in the matter and again apologize if I am starting this topic again.  I need some help and i am out of solutions.

Mitsuba 

To reduce your problem (not to solve)

Try to delete the celestiapatch on luna folder instead of uninstall it.

Hope it works.

By the way, what its said when you open the luna the 2nd time after you close clinet?

The welcome screen opened? Connect "start game" or no?

Or nothing appear?

Or the CL windows opened but you cant login?

Or you can login but its blackscreen?

• Administrator

You said you tried everything, but I still have to ask, have you tried compatibility properties? Try windows XP service pack 3 compatibility and enabling always run as administrator.

By the way, when did you add the exception? (I know windows security essentials is a huge pain in the ass to add exceptions so if you're up to getting a better antivirus that's your choice)

After you first patch the client is updated, therefore actually changing the file, that's when most antiviruses would give a false positive, making you have to redo the exception.

@alvian    I have tried to delete the celestiapatch, but just makes it download stuff and then still doesn't load. i have tried too delete that file before ever running lunapatcher.exe for the first time after a reinstall, but the results are the same. once i close the client....reinstall time.

Also the patcher(?) opens just fine. Once I select start game then it goes to a black screen and just stays there. sometimes loads to the Luna Online title page and stays there. I never make it too the actual login screen without a reinstall.

@Administrator Orange       Actually one of the very first things I did was change compad settings. Most games i play have compad issues so that's the first place i look. Same result though. i also enabled run as administrator again to no avail. 

At one point i completely disabled MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) altogether and then reinstalled the game. Same Result. Then I reinstalled and added exception again before launching lunapatcher.exe. The results are the same. i have tried many things with it including bypassing Windows Firewall as  well as adding exception to MSE. If it is antivirus related i think i am out of luck. 

Real quick more details i failed to mention in my original post: It logs in just like you would expect it to do each time the client "crashes" (which is quite often). only when i actively select quit game does the mentioned technical problem occur.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay well to say that I am not extremely disappointed with the responses on this subject would be an understatement. However I have solved my own issue. I just wiped my computer and clean installed Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional. Absolutely 0 problems now. Thank you so much for the wonderful help