A new passive/change skill for destroyer

Hidatte

Destroyers are too... squishy :/ how about implementing a new passive that grants evasion other than the active ones. As magnus can go 1hand that totally increase their survivability, Swordmaster have a much higher range of sb so that is +1 for survivability(non may touch a swordmaster during sb war fight). With magnus having Ri with longer range, Destro BC became obselete compared to it. Also, with fatal force not working. The true potential of every destro is not max. Destro FB does not have a high stun so if someone says destro have Fb to counter Ri, thats a false. Destro Sb is also the shortest range from all the class, i suggest increasing its range to the same height as other characters.

#Destroyers are too squishy,, just too much squishy.. it needs a little changes

#in pvp senario

#destro vs Palad = palad

#Destro vs swordmaster = 50/50

#Destro vs magnus 1hand = destro . Just SB the freakin 1hand magnus.

#Destro vs Magnus 2hand = 50/50 .

#in war senario

#Destro vs palad = destro. if its an all out war, cause palad can only focus on 1. and someone can bc from behind

#Destro vs Magnus = magnus ! an ri is enough to wipe out the life of Destro,

in 1vs1 war, magnus will win due to its long range sb, even if a destro withstand magnus sb, getting close, the magnus will just Ri the destro, even if the destro have evasion

#Destro vs swordmaster = swordmaster. Idk, swordmaster have a fast reaction when it comes to sb.

As you can see destro is at a disadvantage, having a skill that increase a little bit of its survability is enough to balace it

• Upvote 1

I have never played a Destroyer, so what I am going to say might be wrong, and if I am, I'm sorry.

PvP-wise, it may be true that Destroyers don't have a lot of defensive capabilities (unless you pick Phalanx on your 4th job advancement or something). But why don't you add a little bit of defense to it? Especially Vitality and maybe Hit-Points (HP) as well. Sure, your attacking power will decrease. But you can stun them up, plus Destroyer has ... a lot of attacking potency, so I am sure you could still beat up your opponent. & if you haven't read Ryan's guide to Destroyers, I suggest you do, there are useful some dueling tricks there.

On Guild Wars, if there are Paladins, uh ... I don't have any thought about it since it seems you don't have plenty of problems when you face them. I am also certain that your Sonic Boom is also enough to wipe out the life of those Magnuses, I can say that they (Magnuses) are powerful, they sure do have some ranged attacks, but note that in wars, most peeps will likely try to get a bucketload of attacking power (and perhaps some Movement Speed), so them Magnuses will be quite squishy. Sword Masters! 2 to 3 ranged skills, high offensive capabilities, however note that in all probability they will rely on those ranged attacks, if they get close they can get 'rekt' because of their naturally weak defense. & IF they really rely on those, they won't be attacking for awhile because of the skill cooldowns, in that brief moment you should be able to squash them, unless someone is defending them, if that happens you have to find another strategy.

Destroyers have disadvantages on their defensive side, yes. But look at the bright side! It makes up for their offensive sides, for the balance thing, (hopefully) it will come on the 'big update', but I'm doubt that update will come anytime soon. I guess those are all the opinions I could give you, so yeah, cya.

Umm if you think destro is squishy, try at least go from swordman-phalanx path full dex

I dont think SB from knight is really really useful (SB is useful, but i think SB from swordman is enough)

Umm, the SB from knight is around 150% the SB from Swordman..

If you really just #1SB as main ONLY, try using 2H human Gladiator-swordmaster. you gain #2 DSB,

The passive SM lose is 5 lv sword training and 5 lv 2 Hand traing, + some risk takek , rage burst, fighter heart.

The 2H sm is more "squishy", but you gain SB DSB .

in Total skills, , in terms of SB, i think 2H SM have 140% more dmg compared to knight-destro. + you gain DSB.

But you lose Fearful blow.

• 2 weeks later...

You trade off offensive capability for insane damage. I don't think the destroyer should be changed at all. If you play your cards right you can win in PvP against any class. This goes for SMs too, they trade defense for offense. Imagine a tanky destroyer dishing out 25k in BC and having stuns on you constantly which isn't hard to do in the game as it is now. It's just... insanity, the stun rates are overpowered as it is, 70% chance of a 3 second stun on BC that's available every 2.4 seconds and Despair is a little over 50% chance that stacks with BC's stun. If you're a destroyer and you stun a paladin you can lock them down so hard they'll smash their keyboard trying to get out of your stun lock.

In conclusion, the destroyer is fine as it is. I don't think it needs any changes whatsoever. Plus you can go other paths like Phalanx>Destroyer which will give you more defense at the loss of solid weapon and synchronizing buffs.

You trade off offensive capability for insane damage. I don't think the destroyer should be changed at all. If you play your cards right you can win in PvP against any class. This goes for SMs too, they trade defense for offense. Imagine a tanky destroyer dishing out 25k in BC and having stuns on you constantly which isn't hard to do in the game as it is now. It's just... insanity, the stun rates are overpowered as it is, 70% chance of a 3 second stun on BC that's available every 2.4 seconds and Despair is a little over 50% chance that stacks with BC's stun. If you're a destroyer and you stun a paladin you can lock them down so hard they'll smash their keyboard trying to get out of your stun lock.

In conclusion, the destroyer is fine as it is. I don't think it needs any changes whatsoever. Plus you can go other paths like Phalanx>Destroyer which will give you more defense at the loss of solid weapon and synchronizing buffs.

^that...

no other class can do 20k damage+ easily in a hit to other player with same level, while destroyers easily do it.

besides all classes without shield are squishy, high pdef wont saves you unless you have your shield on.

as for RI against magnus, maybe you could try using dark knight light artifact set and a muramasa as a starter weapon so you could stun first

I've tried a lot of path for destro n have too many chars I think there's already 10-12 acc. I'm pointing out that destro skill is yes high DMG but lack distance and first hit potential. yes non shield fighters are squishy but during wars magnus\swordmaster\palad can attack from afar.. out-ranging the destroyer skill set n making all destroy skill set obselute. And destroyer important buff is bugg. FB vs Ri = Ri as the ri has slower cast. Destro excel in PvP against magnus and mage class by getting close and BC or sb. but that's because in PvP, your trap in a confine box that shorten distance. I have a phalanx destro. its OK I don't die from magnus sb\Ri n sometimes destroy n SM but u also can't 1hit sb them as the str is medium. Having a tank destroy = fail in my opinion. Not enough stat to spread between vit n str n Dex and destroy doesn't have buff\passive that increase defence same or more than other class. that's why going evasion like rogue is the best choice. That's why like rogue destroy should have a passive that increase Eva other then the inferior eva buff that destroyer have.

#Fixing sb range so its the same range as other class

#mybe inputting a passive

#fixing fatal buff so players can put their stats on somewhere else

#Fb having higher stun but I don't thinks its needed if sb is fix as it will make destro overpower

#Destro have to use ms stat to counter distance problem in a dazzaling all out war or 1vs1. They say going destroy is cheap but making it all-round OK just make my head ache. there are flaws in destroy. I can easily get my necro enough m.s and vit and leave int zero as I only use poison then run. palad need to balance str n dex only and wear as many block rate increase item possible. magnus have the erge to increase str as it lacks str but going eva\str 2hnd magnus will solve that problem. if a 1hand magnus have eva\vit that will be a problem. destroy? destroy need to cover str\dex..with vit or Eva or strike or ms depending on scenario. putting away a little strength for Eva is OK but not Dex. Dex is important. but even all that because of range problem.. n destroy having low HP. Ri would be enough. Sb from a strike SM is enough. Not enough stat to cover all three stats

• Upvote 1

1. #Fixing sb range so its the same range as other class

If knight SB range = SM SB range (which is 10 more lv in SB than knight),

than what the benefit going to SM except for the damage? "just for damage",

compared to destro with that a lot stun / disable.

2. #fixing fatal buff so players can put their stats on somewhere else

I agree, but i think it wont come soon.

3. #Fb having higher stun but I don't thinks its needed if sb is fix as it will make destro overpower

IMO, the point of FB is for anti-miss skill.

I read it somewhere, your BC / earthquake can miss. but not the stun.

So stun them 1st is wise enough. than FB . at least destro can finish their FB before the opponent awake.

4. #Destro have to use ms stat to counter distance problem in a dazzaling all out war or 1vs1.

Its the point of that nostrum. and a mage that can bless wind. its about teamwork.

if ms is one of destro passive, than destro is a bit OP. hit and run.

and the HCW and philo ms is a bit unused for destro.

5. Not enough stat to spread between vit n str n Dex and destroy doesn't have buff\passive that increase defence same or more than other class. that's why going evasion like rogue is the best choice.

If a destro can get at least same hp with vit cardinal/necro. than it would be imba.

cardi/necro use DoT which take time. but destro do amazing burningg crash.

Its why player have to be wise to put stats.

basically, fighter = hit and tank. rogue = crit and eva. mage = matk and buff.

If destro also have high eva (2nd skill that add eva after that berserker), imagine a destro (for newbie) with

- easy 20k+ damage

- 25k+ hp

- 6k pdef.

- 280 eva

its ._.

6. They say going destroy is cheap but making it all-round OK just make my head ache.

uhm for new destro, if they can stunlock with that BC EQ despair fearfulblow (4 stun/disable).

even with bad equip.

they will have higher chance compared to other new player class .

IMO its the highest chance IF the 1st stun is proc and you still alive after that 1st hit or DoT.

Italics is what you said, below is my response.

-----

"I'm pointing out that destro skill is yes high DMG but lack distance and first hit potential."

This is irrelevant. In war, you're hardly the only one being targeted unless you're heavily edited or you're in a 2v2. Also, the range difference of Sonic Boom is literally 1m. That's it. You could take one step and use it and it would hit. Not to mention that Earthwave something-or-other skill that is a secondary distance skill, and you've got a sleep you can use, and FB outranges a lot of skills, including RI if you hit it fast enough (Muramasa+Panda Gloves).

"FB vs Ri = Ri as the ri has slower cast. Destro excel in PvP against magnus and mage class by getting close and BC or sb. but that's because in PvP, your trap in a confine box that shorten distance."

In FB vs RI it will always depend on who has the faster net speed. That's what this game is about. If you have better net, you're going to hit first. Fearful Blow is actually faster than RI. RI seems faster because the stun comes before the damage rather than at the same time. So if a Magnus doesn't stun with RI but you use FB the Magnus will die first. 

In 1v1 you are in a confined box, yes, and it is true that many classes suffer like this, but that doesn't mean that Destroyers are obsolete in war. Look at any war and count how many destros there are. There are quite a lot. The reason being consistent heavy damage output. In war as well you have healers and you have HB if you're allowed to use it. In PvP Arena it's a different story, 1v1ing there a destro will lose to a mage unless it can 1-shot them with a SB. That's the only weakness, but BT and the likes are in the same boat, and actually suffer MORE because their Shield Boomerang is shorter range and has a longer cast time than SB, and on top of that they have less health than a destro would normally have. 

"Not enough stat to spread between vit n str n Dex and destroy doesn't have buff\passive that increase defence same or more than other class."

You only need one stat. You can go pure vit or pure dex, that's it. You don't have to put 50 in vit 40 in dex and 40 in str, that will break your build anyways. Destroyers are not meant to be tanks. That's the main point I'm trying to make. If you're a destroyer, you destroy. It's in the name of the class. You're a two-handed berserker that rips out the entrails of your enemies and uses them as offerings to Luna, that's what your job is. Your job is not to tank, leave that to the Magnuses and Paladins. EVEN SO, if you go pure vit you can easily hit 18k hp and 4k defense and still have upwards of 8k patk and you'll still do insane damage, and you won't die as easily as people would like you to.

"That's why like rogue destroy should have a passive that increase Eva other then the inferior eva buff that destroyer have."

I don't get this at all, why should I fighter class have an evasion buff? No other fighter class has an evasion buff. It may seem logical because Destroyers have light armor expertise but that's for critical rate and damage, and if you want to put evasion in there go ahead, it's your build. But having evasion as a passive is a no from me, I don't think it's necessary.

"They say going destroy is cheap but making it all-round OK just make my head ache. there are flaws in destroy. I can easily get my necro enough m.s and vit and leave int zero as I only use poison then run."

These are two different cases. It's like comparing an apple to a locomotive. A necromancer doesn't need damage, it uses DoT. All you need to do is invest in defense and movespeed as you said. That's the class. Destroyers need damage, but they don't need as much defense or movespeed because they practically one-shot everything from a distance in most cases. Plus you'll have a lot of movespeed in the endgame phase anyways because virtually every damn costume gives you movespeed in this game. If you put all your stats in VIT and just reinforce for strength and dexterity on a destroyer you'll be fine. You don't need overpowered gear to have a lot of damage as a destro. A lot of your damage comes from passive skills, so there is literally no point in putting stats in str. You can put stats in dex if you want more crit damage, crit, evasion, etc, but I find that somewhat ridiculous because these days every class has a never-miss skill and you'll die in one hit before you manage to use SB. Adapt or perish.

In general Destroyers are fine the way they are. Think about it this way: 

Destroyers are meant to face tankers, mages and more defensive classes. A destroyer will struggle against classes with high range, like:

Arch Rangers and Sword Masters. If you ever noticed, Many destroyers crush blade takers and in war they crush tankers because of their insane damage. Giving a destroyer higher HP will just throw them out of balance.

As for mages, take for example the fact that SB hits before any skill a mage can cast at a range. They're meant to fight classes that have high defense. Giving them high damage and defense would be outrageous. 

Every class has a flaw that's put in the game for a reason, without these flaws there might be no balance at all.