Crusader 2.0 Introduction/Feedback/Bug Reports

Orange

• Administrator

Crusader 2.0 Update

Overview

The new Crusader is a hybrid support and damage class that shines both on his own and aiding his teammates.
He is versatile in both single target and AoE. His main source of power is magical, and while he cannot compete with a mage's power his fighter physical traits and defense fill the gap.

The Crusader specializes in using maces, which provide him with increased physical defense through passives and have higher magical attack than other melee weapons. Depending on the path he chose he may wear either light or heavy armor.

His strength relies in his holy auras that increase 1 offensive stat and 1 defensive stat, which one to use depends on him and the situation he is in.
Beware, only one power and one defense aura can be active at a time, by casting any aura of the same type before the buff is over you will only refresh the current buff, not replace it, so choose well!

If you already became a crusader, your old leveled skills will no longer work, you may visit Celerian in Alker Harbor for a free Re-Skill! (This quest is for crusaders only)

Skills
~ Active Skills
Lv25 Blunt Shield
        Physical Single Target, may stun enemy.
Lv25 Shield Edge
        Physical Single Target.
Lv10 Holy Earthquake
        Magical AoE around self, may stun enemies.
Lv25 Holy Avenger
        Magical AoE around self, costs mp and hp.
Lv25 Holy Strike
        Magical Single Target. Close range.

~ Support Skills

[!]Only one Power and one Defense Aura can be active at a time.

[N]Lv3 Power Prayer: Strength
Power Aura: increase your and your party members physical attack for a short period of time. (60s)
[N]Lv3 Power Prayer: Power
Power Aura: increase your and your party members magical power for a short period of time. (60s)
[N]Lv3 Power Prayer: Determination
Power Aura: increase your and your party members critical rate for a short period of time. (60s)
[N]Lv3 Power Prayer: Conviction
Power Aura: increase your and your party members magical critical rate for a short period of time. (60s)
[N]Lv3 Defense Prayer: Fortitude
Defense Aura: increase your and your party members physical defense for a short period of time. (60s)
[N]Lv3 Defense Prayer: Protection
Defense Aura: increase your and your party members magical defense for a short period of time. (60s)
[N]Lv3 Defense Prayer: Recovery
Defense Aura: increase your and your party members health recovery rate for a short period of time. (18s)
[N]Lv3 Defense Prayer: Replenishment
Defense Aura: increase your and your party members mana recovery rate for a short period of time. (18s)
[N]Lv1 Prayer: Purity
Clear magical debuffs* of Lv10 [Freeze(HT), Divine Curse, Divine Judgement, currently] from you and your party members.
[N]Lv1 Prayer: Freedom
Remove immobilizing effects of Lv10 [Freeze, Binding Soul, Cripple] on you and increase your speed for 6s.
[N]Lv5 Holy Touch
Instantly heal your target for a small amount.
Lv6 Sacrifice
Sacrifice your own HP to heal your party members.
Lv5 Transfer Mana
Transfer some of your mana to a target.
Lv10 Wisdom
Buff your target's wisdom.

~ Passive Skills

Lv25 Light Armor Training
Increases physical defense while all 3 armor pieces are leather.
Lv15 Heavy Armor Training
Increases physical defense and vitality while all 3 armor pieces are plate.
Lv20 One-Handed Training
Increases physical attack while using 1-handed weapons.
Lv25 Mace Training
Increases physical attack and magical attack while using maces.
Lv15 Mace Protection
Increases physical defense and vitality while using maces.
Lv15 Enhanced HP
Increases max HP.
Lv25 Enhanced MP
Increases max MP
Lv20 Spell Barrier
Reduces chance of your magical attacks being resisted.
Lv20 Magic Barrier
Increases magical defense.
Lv15 Mana Control
Increases mana recovery rate.
[N]Lv6 Devoted Mind
Increases magical power.

Please use this topic to ask any questions you may have, write any feedback on the class (please no feedback without having played the class first!) and report any bugs regarding this class revamp.

Remember to be detailed in both feedback and bug reports, details are what will help your post to be taken seriously.
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

One thing is probably the range on the prayers. If the person isn't basically right next to you they won't receive the buff. Not a big problem, but I feel like it could use a wider area of effect. Also maybe one more target skill for magic types would be awesome. So far the class is very fun though. Loving the new concept of the buffing and stuff.

• Administrator

One thing is probably the range on the prayers. If the person isn't basically right next to you they won't receive the buff. Not a big problem, but I feel like it could use a wider area of effect. Also maybe one more target skill for magic types would be awesome. So far the class is very fun though. Loving the new concept of the buffing and stuff.

Well, he is considered a defender so you have to be close to him, which was the concept for him, if this is widely supported however, we may enhance it a bit.

While I think you should level your two shield skills as well because even if you go pure vit or int you will still have some patk and can switch between holy strike and one of your shield skills, preferably the stun one, if you really have to stay with single target skills, he is a new concept and we're open to suggestions if you think that gameplay is not good.

silly question. just wondering, does rune of silence works / could affect crusader?

Yes, since his attacks and buffs are magical type.

• Upvote 1

Played the class for a bit last night just messing around, having Blunt Shield and Rune Impact (Elf) makes it very strong for 1v1 PvP. PvE was quite nice as well, being able to clear Nera Harbor groups in around 1-3 uses of Holy Avenger. But as Jonah said, the range on the prayers feels a little low and when leveling in parties in maps like Nera Harbor where you are constantly moving around to group mobs, it can be a little challenging to get everyone within range of the buff.

All in all the class is very fun and I'm looking forward to trying to class in higher level PVE and PVP.

• Upvote 1

some feedback from me:

Please give to Celerian Quest a Reset Status Scroll too... :')

(because I already make Crusader Physical STR from long time ago, because actually Crusader has Buff Solid Weapon level 4 and Passive Axe Training higher than Magnus, very good for ELF Fighter with Two Handed Axe... now I need to go to INT)

and Crusader before also has Skill Doom Burst, an AoE Skills with Shield :)

1. Because crusader using mace+Heavy Armor, it means crusader is one hybrid defense class.

How about give him lv 20~25 enchanced hp (lv15 HAE is enough, because paladin is actualy be pure defense class)

2. Give longer aura duration. 45sec ~ 1 mins (like lv1 movement speed buff from rogue class). With 45sec~1mins duration, the crusader have extra  choice after cast 2 aura. maybe heal, hit, run, lure etc.

3. Is lv 25 LAE give evasion? lv 20 LAE (i see it with mage class btw), HAE get that vitality in lower lvl. (in skill calc its from lv1 HAE)

4. how a player can use skill when he is in "freeze" status?

5. Give crusader "twinkle magic" that increase %magic critical rate..

• Administrator

1. Because he is not a tank, so if you pick an offensive path you can still get HP training, if you pick a tank class before crusader then you will already have higher level hp training, so it's a fail-safe.

2. I would consider 45 sec, it's a high speed gameplay that requires high attention to play right, they're not buffs like Magnus' auras, they don't have a cast time and if you have shrewd spell on you can basically cast both prayers at once.

3. No, light armor expertise doesn't give evasion, I corrected that description. You have light armor expertise at level 25 because there is INT light armor and light armor has a much higher chance than heavy armor to be crafted with INT bonus as well.

4. The "Freeze" is two different debuffs (just named the same)

Freeze removed by freedom: "freeze" immobilizing (not stun!) status given by Tornado Uppercut (Grand Master) and some bosses and monsters

Freeze removed by purity: "freeze" probably wrongly named, is the DoT that holy taker gives, some players reported that it doesn't remove Holy Taker, however it should be tested with all the debuffs listed just in case, the spell type is set to the same as Cure Poison and Cure Bleeding, there have been no reports of these spells not working that I know of.

5. Have you read the prayers? One of the power prayers increases magical critical rate.

In the description it says that he is not supposed to compete with mages in power nor magical critical rate.

2. I would consider 45 sec, it's a high speed gameplay that requires high attention to play right, they're not buffs like Magnus' auras, they don't have a cast time and if you have shrewd spell on you can basically cast both prayers at once.

Shrewd doesn't affect the buffs casting speed at the moment, I don't think it ever did in the classic version of luna but if this were added I believe it'd be way better. And yeah I'm good with 30-45 seconds.

• Administrator

Shrewd doesn't affect the buffs casting speed at the moment, I don't think it ever did in the classic version of luna but if this were added I believe it'd be way better. And yeah I'm good with 30-45 seconds.

You are right, I forgot to mention that we set up the prayers to be cast-less with only a short animation, so there's no casting time to speed up.

You are right, I forgot to mention that we set up the prayers to be cast-less with only a short animation, so there's no casting time to speed up.

Casting time on them is actually great as it is, but the duration could use a small extension, and the range. Everything would be perfect then.

what best path for crusader

guard>infantryman>rune knight>crusader

OT:

Crusader's Holy Strike has the same damage label of 427 from level 20 to 25, not sure if the actual damage is the same though

Suggestion: Adding a higher level shield training to crusader so it can have a bit more block. Maybe like level 15 shield training. 

Edited by Jonah

• Administrator

guard>infantryman>rune knight>crusader

OT:

Crusader's Holy Strike has the same damage label of 427 from level 20 to 25, not sure if the actual damage is the same though

Suggestion: Adding a higher level shield training to crusader so it can have a bit more block. Maybe like level 15 shield training. 

Crusader is not a tank class and will not have shield training, it's up to you and what path you take to learn shield training from previous jobs.

That's the whole point of paths and being able to mix & match jobs to your need and your build.

I have just tried these skills...

zPspTTi.png [N]Lv1 Prayer: Purity
Clear magical debuffs* [Freeze, Divine Curse, Divine Judgement, currently] from you and your party members.

G3rvuYT.png [N]Lv1 Prayer: Freedom
Remove immobilizing effects [Freeze, Binding Soul, Cripple] on you and increase your speed for 6s.

With various debuffs tried and their level:

1. Poisons:

``` envenom - 1/25

``` venom cloud - 25

2. Immobilizes:

``` cripple - 5

``` binding soul - 2/5

``` divine hold - 5

``` body press - 5

``` tornado uppercut - 20

``` Nera Harbor's "Ice Heart's Owner" monster immobilize debuff

3. Sleeps:

``` tranquility - 5

``` sleeping soul - 5

``` angelic breath - 10

``` spirit sword - 20

4. Others:

``` divine curse - 20

``` holy taker - 1/5/10

``` curse weakness - 4/6

``` mana burn - 5

Purity is supposed to remove (at least one of) those debuffs on me OR my party members. But it does not. I tried this on pvp map, not on duel. *and my cruz is standing next to my party mate-dummy char which subjected to debuffs (so its not about the aura skill range)*

Freedom is supposed to remove immobilize debuff, in this case.. Freeze (caused by grandmaster's Tornado Uppercut, and Ice Heart's Owner monster skill), binding soul, and cripple. But it does not. All it does is increasing my cruz movement speed.

So its still bugged :/

Anyway about the playstyle... I dont know but..

is crusader supposed to be a slow-short ranged-mace user support? as I can see cruz only have 2 melee-slow casting shield skill, and also short ranged magical skill. It makes crusader pretty much rely on the previous class skills

and crusader's most devastating skill comes from holy earthquake I guess? the phys skill wont really hurt considering those skills basic damage is low. And no double strike for extra DoT on level 105 :<

• Administrator

I have just tried these skills...

Purity is supposed to remove (at least one of) those debuffs on me OR my party members. But it does not. I tried this on pvp map, not on duel. *and my cruz is standing next to my party mate-dummy char which subjected to debuffs (so its not about the aura skill range)*

Freedom is supposed to remove immobilize debuff, in this case.. Freeze (caused by grandmaster's Tornado Uppercut, and Ice Heart's Owner monster skill), binding soul, and cripple. But it does not. All it does is increasing my cruz movement speed.

So its still bugged :/

Anyway about the playstyle... I dont know but..

is crusader supposed to be a slow-short ranged-mace user support? as I can see cruz only have 2 melee-slow casting shield skill, and also short ranged magical skill. It makes crusader pretty much rely on the previous class skills

and crusader's most devastating skill comes from holy earthquake I guess? the phys skill wont really hurt considering those skills basic damage is low. And no double strike for extra DoT on level 105 :<

Thank you for your thorough investigation Fifin, Purity and Freedom only affect the skills I mentioned, it wasn't scripted to remove poison or bleeds.

However, I found the cause of the problem, and will fix these skills in the next patch! Just like with cures they will be set to different levels of removal, most likely lv1 prayer - lv3 debuff and lower, lv2 prayer - lv6 debuff and lower, lv3 prayer - lv10 debuff and lower.

As for your feedback on the playstyle. First point, he is not a DPS class, he has 5 attacks, 3 of which are magical, which are your main attacks, 2 of which are AoE and instant with a small CD. Yes he is close range, that's his style. Not going to create a fighter Cardinal copy!

Speaking of Cardinals, Cardinals depend heavily on previous jobs for attack skills, mainly for PvP, so needing to plan out your path is not a new concept. As a Cardinal you need to take a dps class at least somewhere along your path to obtain your thunder stuns and ice spells. However Crusader doesn't require dps jobs to perform well, unless you're going to try to keep him physical attack based you only need defensive jobs to get defense passives.

As for "slow casting", casting? Those shield skills, which other classes get and use often, don't have a casting time, I suspect you mean the animation time, but even then they're not slow, they're average and should be only used as secondary situational skills, not your main attacks.

Crusader, as explained in the description, is a magical class, not a physical class, he does not depend on previous jobs for attacks, only for passives.

Thank you for your thorough investigation Fifin, Purity and Freedom only affect the skills I mentioned, it wasn't scripted to remove poison or bleeds.

However, I found the cause of the problem, and will fix these skills in the next patch! Just like with cures they will be set to different levels of removal, most likely lv1 prayer - lv3 debuff and lower, lv2 prayer - lv6 debuff and lower, lv3 prayer - lv10 debuff and lower.

As for your feedback on the playstyle. First point, he is not a DPS class, he has 5 attacks, 3 of which are magical, which are your main attacks, 2 of which are AoE and instant with a small CD. Yes he is close range, that's his style. Not going to create a fighter Cardinal copy!

Speaking of Cardinals, Cardinals depend heavily on previous jobs for attack skills, mainly for PvP, so needing to plan out your path is not a new concept. As a Cardinal you need to take a dps class at least somewhere along your path to obtain your thunder stuns and ice spells. However Crusader doesn't require dps jobs to perform well, unless you're going to try to keep him physical attack based you only need defensive jobs to get defense passives.

As for "slow casting", casting? Those shield skills, which other classes get and use often, don't have a casting time, I suspect you mean the animation time, but even then they're not slow, they're average and should be only used as secondary situational skills, not your main attacks.

Crusader, as explained in the description, is a magical class, not a physical class, he does not depend on previous jobs for attacks, only for passives.

alright I get it...

Yes I meant the animation time, sorry :D Cant match RI and fearful blow animation time, sadly.. But then again he's a magical fighter.

dont you think crus auras' effect is kinda small? I meant, I've tried the buffs and its only raises like 200-300 patk, matk, pdef, and mdef... whats really usefull is the lvl 10 wisdom which boosted like 1k mdef!

and also Devoted Mind skill, IMO its a bit SP-costy with minimal effect gain...

OH and 1 more thing..

lvl 3 Defense Prayer: Recovery and Defense Prayer: Replenishment duration said to be 30s, but it only lasts for 20 seconds

RI -> Holy strike -> blunt shield -> holy earthquake -> RI (pvp)

Holy Earthquake -> Holy avenger (pve)

?? (war) i have no idea

it has a nice pvp set of skills, and pve but i dont know what to do with this char in war, it obviously have low p.defence and high Int. It uses mace and there isnt many 

2handed mace and besides the passive wants you to use 1handed mace so the damage isnt as high as 2handed player like other class. It isnt a paladin, so it will die before getting to the enemy. It has an impressive set of locking skill set and aoe buff though.

it obviously wants us to use light armor so negative for defence. It has nice sets of skill and even if it has sonic boom the skill is based on P.A not M.a. I can kinda see this char will have a very high damage output for its single target magical skill. Besides, there isnt a single fighter class player that have a magical defence item on. Also magical type skill doesnt need strike so farewell evasion. Also most mage uses VIT for defence that increase P.D not M.D. So maybe crusader can dealt one or two single blow to the target. I can see why it wants us to use light armor. If the crusader have high dmg output and high defence, it will obviously be opp. The only backfire is that this class only have close range skill. 

Maybe going crazy like putting evasion + Intelligence in equipment can solve it? :v but most players in war equip their strike. so thats a no
Maybe going full defence and +critical items and put a tiny bit on intelligence?

Maybe going M.speed + Intelligence?

It doesnt have a DOT skill so it must have high intelligence, it has no range skill but it has deadly close range skill, maybe having high magical crit, high intelligence wll solve its problem. The mace already provides you with alot of M.A , its just that puny physical defence and no range skill. Maybe it serve the same purpose as a destroyer but can dealth more dmg?

and it doesnt have passive for block, how can it defend? its just like a magnus.

Edit :

I got it ! maybe being a hybrid of high magical attack and high magical defence is the answer, you will have high dmg against fighter but they dealt high dmg too but mage will have a hard time killing you using their close range skill. But your HP will be low though. Hmm.. T^T~ still thinking

Edit : It needs a buff that increases walking speed. it cant have block rate, paladin will be obsulete. well mybe thats it, a high dmg, close range, puny HP, puny defence class that has excellent locking ability and mob killing but 2/10 for war.

RI -> Holy strike -> blunt shield -> holy earthquake -> RI (pvp)

Holy Earthquake -> Holy avenger (pve)

?? (war) i have no idea

it has a nice pvp set of skills, and pve but i dont know what to do with this char in war, it obviously have low p.defence and high Int. It uses mace and there isnt many 

2handed mace and besides the passive wants you to use 1handed mace so the damage isnt as high as 2handed player like other class. It isnt a paladin, so it will die before getting to the enemy. It has an impressive set of locking skill set and aoe buff though.

it obviously wants us to use light armor so negative for defence. It has nice sets of skill and even if it has sonic boom the skill is based on P.A not M.a. I can kinda see this char will have a very high damage output for its single target magical skill. Besides, there isnt a single fighter class player that have a magical defence item on. Also magical type skill doesnt need strike so farewell evasion. Also most mage uses VIT for defence that increase P.D not M.D. So maybe crusader can dealt one or two single blow to the target. I can see why it wants us to use light armor. If the crusader have high dmg output and high defence, it will obviously be opp. The only backfire is that this class only have close range skill. 

Maybe going crazy like putting evasion + Intelligence in equipment can solve it? :v but most players in war equip their strike. so thats a no

Maybe going full defence and +critical items and put a tiny bit on intelligence?

Maybe going M.speed + Intelligence?

It doesnt have a DOT skill so it must have high intelligence, it has no range skill but it has deadly close range skill, maybe having high magical crit, high intelligence wll solve its problem. The mace already provides you with alot of M.A , its just that puny physical defence and no range skill. Maybe it serve the same purpose as a destroyer but can dealth more dmg?

and it doesnt have passive for block, how can it defend? its just like a magnus.

Edit :

I got it ! maybe being a hybrid of high magical attack and high magical defence is the answer, you will have high dmg against fighter but they dealt high dmg too but mage will have a hard time killing you using their close range skill. But your HP will be low though. Hmm.. T^T~ still thinking

Edit : It needs a buff that increases walking speed. it cant have block rate, paladin will be obsulete. well mybe thats it, a high dmg, close range, puny HP, puny defence class that has excellent locking ability and mob killing but 2/10 for war.

Depending on how you build your crusader you should be able to manage at least 6-7k pdef while maintaining high m.a. You just have to know how to use good philos, g.e.: a vit holy armor set and maybe int philos and ms hc on your accessories. With normal equips i managed to get my crusader to 15k hp 5k pdef and 15k m.a. Also having Mace Protection can add more p. def making it even more powerful.

I do plan on making a guide to this class once i get it all figured out so look out for that.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

hah someone points out that fighter M.A skills ( holy avenger and holy strike ) are extremely low damage ( even he once dual wielding athena and still doesn't make considereable damage )

is this because lacking spell barrier passive or something ?

my crusader's fighting style is readapted from paladin's btw

• 3 months later...

I thought the magical crit prayer is available at 105, at my surprise its at 110, thought I will be having a break at leveling when I enter 105. :V

I would also suggest that if it is possible to add a low Int/Wizardy lvl buff just to help a little about its magical atk, I know you said that it should not be competing with mages with Ma.atk, but as a warrior class that is about support and features the use of INT path, dont you think its just appropriate? Anyways, other players would need to still invest a lot if int/Ma items just to be at mages Ma lvl, which is for me still hard, not many players can get WR, Bach Ma, EDS, Gemini, Farouks etc, with this I think crusader would be a Job that others might think of playing.

• Orange unpinned this topic