Akaiya Akeboshi

Question

I have found several topics that say that Dexterity adds critical damage. I've tested this myself by resetting my characters stat points several times. In fact, dexterity seemed to give similar damage bonuses to strength in my tests.

However, if dexterity provides similar damage bonuses to strength, would it be a good idea to use full dexterity based equipment instead of strength based equipment? Could a character with high amounts of critical damage and average physical attack be viable?

I'd like to hear input from anyone who's willing to provide it.

5 answers to this question

str increase your RAW damage, Physical Attack status, Strike.

dex increase your Crit Chance, Crit Rate, Evasion, Strike

how much your crit damage is also affected by your raw damage too.

in short, less raw damage = less crit damage

but you can raise your crit damage further by increasing dex and putting crit damage items

maybe you can get a same output of damage (while it crits)

but when it doesn't crits, you will see a pretty huge different there.

One more thing. Raw Patk damage is related to pdef (especially to the target's pdef with shield)

the more patk you have, the more damage you can dealt to those shielder.

Let's say you have 10k patk and 10% crit damage trying to breach someone with 10k pdef.      --- Just an example ---

it happens you deal like 5k damage with no crits attack, and when it crits you will get additional 10% of that 5k,, so you will deal max about 5,5k damage to him/her

and now, with dex status, you will have only 7k patk and 50% crit damage attacking the same person

you dealt 2k damage with no crits attack (of course you deal less damage, because you have a low patk) and when it crits you will get additional 1k with maximum 3k damage.

So.. what jajiboge's saying about balancing str and dex is a great idea for phys. character

well str influence your critical damage and dex only give you crit chance not damage sooo... even your critical in status is 2k its just your critical change,i suggest you to make balance between str and dex

I have found several topics that say that Dexterity adds critical damage. I've tested this myself by resetting my characters stat points several times. In fact, dexterity seemed to give similar damage bonuses to strength in my tests.

However, if dexterity provides similar damage bonuses to strength, would it be a good idea to use full dexterity based equipment instead of strength based equipment? Could a character with high amounts of critical damage and average physical attack be viable?

I'd like to hear input from anyone who's willing to provide it.

Maybe - it depends on the class. For destroyers especially, a full DEX built can be a lot stronger than a pure STR build solely because of the critical rate and damage. However for rogues, most go pure STR because they already have high DEX. The thing with pure DEX is you have to crit to deal damage. If you don't crit, your base damage is so low it's like the enemy felt a strong wind and that's it. It works better against paladins since crit, to some extent, counters a high block rate, but then again you have to crit to deal any significant damage. This is why destroyers go DEX because they have a lot of damage, and why rogues go STR because they have a lot of crit.

Tl;dr, mixing them usually balances you out. You don't deal no damage if you don't crit and when you do crit you deal quite a bit of extra damage.

Critical Rate and Chance are same :')

and yes... DEX are increasing your Critical Damage (Physical) than STR

from long time ago we already discuss about this again and over again... xD

it was revealed by someone named SwitchCake... (well I feel nostalgic) :')