Stat & Class Balancing

Orange

1 minute ago, darkira691 said:

so you mean all DOT player is not balance that can kill even lvl 150 player... and if u turn it to int type it make balance thats ure vision there? all mage need to be have 20k magic attack to kill wew

Whenever I post my arguments, suggestions, or debates, I'm never talking about edited players. I am always in favor to those who are less fortunate and cannot PD. With that being said, yes, my main issue with mages, is that they don't really have to work hard at all to be able to kill someone. If you're a normal fighter, or rogue, or especially a tanker, your chances of killing a fully vit styled level 140 or higher, is pretty low if you're under level 120. But a mage at any level can take off all kinds of HP to any opponent no matter their level. 

I can make a level 105 Cardinal RIGHT NOW, and kill Amiral (level 140 Cardinal with 23k HP) in a matter of 1 minute, and thats simply off of stun locking her until she dies from Holy Taker. Imagine if it's a guild war where multiple people are targeting Amiral, she can easily be holy takered to death.

My main argument is that mages don't have to work all that hard to be good, in fact, most mages ACTIVELY ignore being a magical attacking mage, because they don't feel like putting in any effort, and because of that, they just go straight to DoT  style.

11 minutes ago, Heishin said:

I have also played CL for many years, and I main a high level Paladin.

I don't think it was bad to visit critical damage on dexterity, because it is definitely unbalanced. I think a better approach would have been to reduce the critical damage instead of removing it altogether, because nearly every player using a physical attacking class was bound to panic. Personally, I would like to see the damage reduced instead of completely removed or fully restored in the next patch.

The critical damage balancing is a good idea, and block should be visited, as well as mage classes (in regards to magical attack damage being outclassed by DoT mages and pre-patch physical attack damage in general).

PS: Buffing vitality is a bad idea. There are characters that could tank the high damage before this recent critical damage patch, so buffing vitality would just make them even more untouchable. Just my 2 cents.

Good good point sir

1. cd lowered but not totally removed, and damage in general lowered but not too much like after the last patch 

2. DOTers basically vit type mages better than matk type lol

3. Plus solid shield buff on vit mages and suddenly they block shots like crazy, I think solid shield should be self buff only

I love the idea, choose between attack or defend but never both, choose a role

• Upvote 1

my apologies to GM but instead of skill fixing stuff ... what about fixing lag issue we all have fun in CL community even we know that where EDIT player .. its ok for us like normal player.... because we are proud to our self if we can kill them in war its ok to be kill in war but at least we have fun and no one is bored.... pls orange dont make things worst or all player might quit....

1 minute ago, darkira691 said:

my apologies to GM but instead of skill fixing stuff ... what about fixing lag issue we all have fun in CL community even we know that where EDIT player .. its ok for us like normal player.... because we are proud to our self if we can kill them in war its ok to be kill in war but at least we have fun and no one is bored.... pls orange dont make things worst or all player might quit....

I wouldnt call being 1shot the sec you enter a pvp zone ''fun'' 

2 minutes ago, darkira691 said:

yeah maybe to many will quit now because of update.  

3 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

I wouldnt call being 1shot the sec you enter a pvp zone ''fun'' 

its ok if u log in in pvp then be 1 shot because u know the fact that they can kill u but u can kill them too..... and take revenge not like when youre respawn and unbuff then rip dmage wheres the fun with that.... in previous patch if we respawn we can still kill some of the enemy even unbuff .. but now ... so lame sb around 3k onli ... they will laugh at you

Edited by darkira691
re construct

@johnpuarossi - I agree as well, Crit Damage should be lowered but not removed at all. In the old days, if a 2h magnus hit 10-13k crit damage, they are considered OP. Now 10-13k crit damage is seen as "noob damage" because everyone doing 50-90k damage. But now it is even worse, because 2h magnus cannot even hit 10k because sword is the only weapon a fighter can use if he want to have good chance, and damage nerfed so badly. :/ 

2. DoT is easily chosen by the average mage, because it's cheaper, and they can easily kill people without effort.

3. Solid Shield should DEFINITELY be a self buff. 

@darkira691 - I sincerely think the PVP Arena needs a lot of attention from the GMs. That map is so annoying e.e

• Upvote 1

Just now, darkira691 said:

its ok if u log in in pvp them be 1 shot because u know the fact that they can kill u but u can kill them too..... and take revenge not like when youre respawn and unbuff then rip dmage wheres the fun with that.... i previous patch if we respawn we can still kill some of the enemy even unbuff .. but now ... so lame sb around 3k onli ... they will laugh at you

they should put like minute of time like in zak when you in war their is like a sec stand by so you cant hit when you enter pvp

Just now, Khaze said:

they should put like minute of time like in zak when you in war their is like a sec stand by so you cant hit when you enter pvp

I think in Zakandia, they should remove that 30 second invincibility time. In guild war, we need to be able to die as soon as we respawn. Because if you can live for 30 seconds after you respawn, thats how enemy always use 500 buffers and healers. If they remove the safe time, you have a chance at stopping them.

But in PVP Arena, I think they should have it there, because enemy easily catch you off guard in PVP.

2 minutes ago, Allwayspossible said:

@johnpuarossi - I agree as well, Crit Damage should be lowered but not removed at all. In the old days, if a 2h magnus hit 10-13k crit damage, they are considered OP. Now 10-13k crit damage is seen as "noob damage" because everyone doing 50-90k damage. But now it is even worse, because 2h magnus cannot even hit 10k because sword is the only weapon a fighter can use if he want to have good chance, and damage nerfed so badly. :/ 

2. DoT is easily chosen by the average mage, because it's cheaper, and they can easily kill people without effort.

3. Solid Shield should DEFINITELY be a self buff. 

@darkira691 - I sincerely think the PVP Arena needs a lot of attention from the GMs. That map is so annoying e.e

my appologies agian sir ^_^ but visualize this if DOT vit mage is no more and it base on magic attack ... the edit mage is so overwelming happy now because imagine if he uses Holy taker and it base on magic attack like turn undead magic effect .... the dmage is outrageous like in 1 tick oh holy taker can damage about 30k x5 tick =150k of damage imagine that

its ok if u log in in pvp then be 1 shot because u know the fact that they can kill u but u can kill them too..... and take revenge not like when youre respawn and unbuff then rip dmage wheres the fun with that.... in previous patch if we respawn we can still kill some of the enemy even unbuff .. but now ... so lame sb around 3k onli ... they will laugh at you

this is false if you run into a edit and you arent edit yourself let alone have stun lock and dot skills then you'll never win or kill them ever. just picture how more bad it'll get once dot get nerf you wont be able to defend yourself even a little even with stun lock because dot will depend on players ''def/lvl''

and this a 1on1 point of view or 1vs10 [that ''1'' being the non edit] guy.

2 minutes ago, Allwayspossible said:

I think in Zakandia, they should remove that 30 second invincibility time. In guild war, we need to be able to die as soon as we respawn. Because if you can live for 30 seconds after you respawn, thats how enemy always use 500 buffers and healers. If they remove the safe time, you have a chance at stopping them.

But in PVP Arena, I think they should have it there, because enemy easily catch you off guard in PVP.

in pvp all player is in PK mode so no one can buff from other suport mage or fighter or so on and so fort... because all of u can kill each other at pvp map.... not like in zakandia.. only the guild at war can hit each other but the enemy so many outside buffer.... 

my appologies agian sir ^_^ but visualize this if DOT vit mage is no more and it base on magic attack ... the edit mage is so overwelming happy now because imagine if he uses Holy taker and it base on magic attack like turn undead magic effect .... the dmage is outrageous like in 1 tick oh holy taker can damage about 30k x5 tick =150k of damage imagine that

I never said I think it should be based on Magical attack. And even if it is one day based on Magical Attack, Orange will not make it so overpowered that it can dish out 30k x 5, that's just ridiculous. I think what they mean is, the max Holy Taker can ever do is 2,1k like now, but the only way you can push it that high is if you have really good magical attack.

3 minutes ago, darkira691 said:

I forgot about this part of it high int edit mage 50k m atk yeah rip lool 

4 minutes ago, darkira691 said:

in pvp all player is in PK mode so no one can buff from other suport mage or fighter or so on and so fort... because all of u can kill each other at pvp map.... not like in zakandia.. only the guild at war can hit each other but the enemy so many outside buffer.... 

You completely misinterpreted everything I said. I said the "30 second invincibility" should be removed from every map EXCEPT PVP Arena. When you spawn in PVP, you should have 30 seconds where you cannot be attacked, so that you can brace for the enemies in PVP. But it should be removed from Zakandia and all other maps (except pvp arena) because enemies abuse it, by using many different supporters, barriers, and healers.

3 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

Most edited mages do not have 50k magical attack, they usually only boast around 30-40k. Also, no one is going to do 30k x 5 holy taker, even if holy taker is based off of M.atk, there will still be a limit as to how much damage can be dealt by it.

1 minute ago, Allwayspossible said:

I never said I think it should be based on Magical attack. And even if it is one day based on Magical Attack, Orange will not make it so overpowered that it can dish out 30k x 5, that's just ridiculous. I think what they mean is, the max Holy Taker can ever do is 2,1k like now, but the only way you can push it that high is if you have really good magical attack.

so it means u cant achieve at the max damage if ure magic attack is poor and even ure edit ure stil have 2.1k Holy taker dmager.... so if i have 10k of magic attack i can only get abot 1k 300 500 2k something like that

but now mi magic attack is so poor so if i cast HT maybe my dmage ws 10 30 50 100 400 

3 minutes ago, Allwayspossible said:

2 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

Haha DoTs should still have cap, what he said @Alwayspossible 

1 minute ago, Allwayspossible said:

You completely misinterpreted everything I said. I said the "30 second invincibility" should be removed from every map EXCEPT PVP Arena. When you spawn in PVP, you should have 30 seconds where you cannot be attacked, so that you can brace for the enemies in PVP. But it should be removed from Zakandia and all other maps (except pvp arena) because enemies abuse it, by using many different supporters, barriers, and healers.

Most edited mages do not have 50k magical attack, they usually only boast around 30-40k. Also, no one is going to do 30k x 5 holy taker, even if holy taker is based off of M.atk, there will still be a limit as to how much damage can be dealt by it.

if its done that way might aswell delete holy taker and give something different. in luna plus theres no set limit on its damage tick long as your magic attack high enough it'll keep going up. thats something I kinda forgot but yeah still think nerf not needed unless they unnerf magic attack.

14 minutes ago, darkira691 said:

so it means u cant achieve at the max damage if ure magic attack is poor and even ure edit ure stil have 2.1k Holy taker dmager.... so if i have 10k of magic attack i can only get abot 1k 300 500 2k something like that

but now mi magic attack is so poor so if i cast HT maybe my dmage ws 10 30 50 100 400 

Not only edited players can achieve that damage, like I said, Amiral easily have 18k M.atk before without edit. I think 17k M.atk should be enough to deal 2,1k holy taker. But a mage that has absolutely no m.atk at all should not be allowed to deal 2,1k holy taker because they aren't even putting in any effort. And it is annoying my 150 tanker (Reforget) when I'm in PVP, and the other fighters have a hard time killing me, so instead of attacking me head on, they log in 8 naked cardinals and just spam holy taker until I die. That is ridiculous, and broken.

Rogues got nerfed unfairly, Fighters also got nerfed unfairly. Elven Fighters should not be forced to use a sword in order to use Sonic Boom or Spirit Sword, because you have to think about the normal players who already can't dish out much damage as it is.

Rogues should not be forced to be 1 handed in order to use shield boomerang, because they have to get entirely too close just to stun someone with Rage Step, and they're already limited in how many skills they can use in 1 session anyway. If 3 mages are coming towards 1 Rogue, you should be able to use Shield Boomerang, Dagger Blow, Hunter's bomb with dual wield in effect because that increases your damage to kill them (because all mages are vit now, so you need high damage to kill them,) but now you can only hit Dagger Blow, and then rip when the other two mages get towards you.

The way players use their skills should never have been affected, only crit damage, stun duration, and the bugged/broken skills should be affected. Not the passives, and weapons o.e.

10 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

if its done that way might aswell delete holy taker and give something different. in luna plus theres no set limit on its damage tick long as your magic attack high enough it'll keep going up. thats something I kinda forgot but yeah still think nerf not needed unless they unnerf magic attack.

"In Luna Plus," this is not luna plus, therefore it should not be compared to luna plus. It should have a limit on how much damage it can do, and it should be predicated on your Magical Attack. It is unfair for a player to be able to kill anyone with no effort, all because they're a mage. It is not hard to get to level 117, and that's the only level you need to be realistically to kill anyone with your DoT. Even a level 105 mage can kill any level with DoT, and it is unfair because fighters and rogues do not have that luxury.

We are talking about balancing things, and the game is not balanced if mage can kill anyone and always have the same damage with DoT, but fighters and rogues do not have the same ability.

• Upvote 1

must fix all class and skills or at least most skills should work, then we talk about balance, we don't want anything to be left out woo hoo 

So about balancing how about reducing edit to an item to 100 from 200, coz we wouldn't be talking about crit damage if it weren't the edits who brought awareness and everything else that followed

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, johnpuarossi said:

must fix all class and skills or at least most skills should work, then we talk about balance, we don't want anything to be left out woo hoo 

So about balancing how about reducing edit to an item to 100 from 200, coz we wouldn't be talking about crit damage if it weren't the edits who brought awareness and everything else that followed

I agree, edits should be taken down from 200 to 100 stats. if a player PDed 2k Vitality on top of already high str philo'd armor, a normal player will NEVER kill them, and that is also unfair because it's based on how much money a person has in real life, and no amount of gold can give you the ability to kill a player like that. I think edits should be nerfed as well, however I don't think balancing things should stop being discussed, because there are so many things that are unfair now, and if you don't talk about them now, people will forget about them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Allwayspossible said:

Not only edited players can achieve that damage, like I said, Amiral easily have 18k M.atk before without edit. I think 17k M.atk should be enough to deal 2,1k holy taker. But a mage that has absolutely no m.atk at all should not be allowed to deal 2,1k holy taker because they aren't even putting in any effort. And it is annoying my tanker (Reforget) when I'm in PVP, and the other fighters have a hard time killing me, so instead of attacking me head on, they log in 8 naked cardinals and just spam holy taker until I die. That is ridiculous, and broken.

Rogues got nerfed unfairly, Fighters also got nerfed unfairly. Elven Fighters should not be forced to use a sword in order to use Sonic Boom or Spirit Sword, because you have to think about the normal players who already can't dish out much damage as it is.

Rogues should not be forced to be 1 handed in order to use shield boomerang, because they have to get entirely too close just to stun someone with Rage Step, and they're already limited in how many skills they can use in 1 session anyway. If 3 mages are coming towards 1 Rogue, you should be able to use Shield Boomerang, Dagger Blow, Hunter's bomb with dual wield in effect because that increases your damage to kill them (because all mages are vit now, so you need high damage to kill them,) but now you can only hit Dagger Blow, and then rip when the other two mages get towards you.

The way players use their skills should never have been affected, only crit damage, stun duration, and the bugged/broken skills should be affected. Not the passives, and weapons o.e.

"In Luna Plus," this is not luna plus, therefore it should not be compared to luna plus. It should have a limit on how much damage it can do, and it should be predicated on your Magical Attack. It is unfair for a player to be able to kill anyone with no effort, all because they're a mage. It is not hard to get to level 117, and that's the only level you need to be realistically to kill anyone with your DoT. Even a level 105 mage can kill any level with DoT, and it is unfair because fighters and rogues do not have that luxury.

We are talking about balancing thing, and the game is not balanced if mage can kill anyone and always have the same damage with DoT, but fighters and rogues do not have the same ability.

I think you only want dots nerf to that extend because as a edit tank only cardinal can beat you without a healer of course. besides that I mention luna plus because this game is going in that direction slowly if you ever even played it you'll know that. you claim rogue and fighter dont have that ability but are you sure your a tank? both rogue and fighter specially magnus and tm can stun lock and dot you till your dead and yes by stun lock i mean u'll never be unstun untill you hit the floor. dont try make mage seem almighty its not the only class with unfair abilitys hell a magnus alone with just rune impact can keep you stun till you die even if hes hitting 300 dmg each time. theres a reason why theres more phy chars in the game than magic.

15 minutes ago, Allwayspossible said:

I agree, edits should be taken down from 200 to 100 stats. if a player PDed 2k Vitality on top of already high str philo'd armor, a normal player will NEVER kill them, and that is also unfair because it's based on how much money a person has in real life, and no amount of gold can give you the ability to kill a player like that. I think edits should be nerfed as well, however I don't think balancing things should stop being discussed, because there are so many things that are unfair now, and if you don't talk about them now, people will forget about them.

and make nostrums  and other buffs of such available only in item shop, tho private donation income may lessen due to reduced edit, public donation income will keep on coming, everyone has a chance to get them, we might see CL like forever everyone happy! Besides not everyon has access to PD or has PayPal 

17 minutes ago, johnpuarossi said:

too late to nerf edits, players that went edit will just quit if they see their edits stats decrease or vanish. even if you gave them pd items since all they wanted was high hp or dmg or def etc and not pd item but yeah..maybe make a poll see what they think but I think most wont be happy. just saying

7 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

I think you only want dots nerf to that extend because as a edit tank only cardinal can beat you without a healer of course. besides that I mention luna plus because this game is going in that direction slowly if you ever even played it you'll know that. you claim rogue and fighter dont have that ability but are you sure your a tank? both rogue and fighter specially magnus and tm can stun lock and dot you till your dead and yes by stun lock i mean u'll never be unstun untill you hit the floor. dont try make mage seem almighty its not the only class with unfair abilitys hell a magnus alone with just rune impact can keep you stun till you die even if hes hitting 300 dmg each time. theres a reason why theres more phy chars in the game than magic.

"I think you only want dots nerf to that extend because you as an edit tank only cardinal can beat you" 

Dude, you must have missed the part where I said Amiral IS my main character, and she IS a level 140 Cardinal. I never said mages was "almighty" I said they have an unfair advantage, and I'm not talking about edits, I'm talking about NORMAL PLAYERS. A normal mage at 105 is easily much more dangerous than any 105 fighter or rogue, and they have a skill that does big damage even if they have absolutely no armor on, and it only gets worse at they get to higher levels, which is UNFAIR, because fighters and rogues don't have any ability that does a set amount of damage like Holy Taker or Venom Cloud.

Also, I have played Luna Plus before, multiple variations of it, and in the Luna Plus games I've played, neither of them are like this game. Not even close. Most Luna Plus servers do not even have rune impact, and if they do, it is not non-miss skill. Luna plus is MUCH different from this server, so trying to compare to two is really bad on your part. This game is headed no where near luna plus, I have not seen a single update here that replicates Luna Plus features.

"you claim rogue and fighter don't have that ability but are you sure your a tank? both rogue and fighter specially magnus and tm can stun lock you and dot you till your dead" Dude that applies to every class. And you are completely contradicting your own argument, because the very thing you're talking about, is all DoT mages do. Stun lock you until you're dead. And they kill you with a skill that has like a 1% chance of failing, and does the same damage every single time. Max level of holy taker does 10k, each time it's cast. Venom Cloud does 12k each time it's cast. And normal players don't have the damage to 1 hit them because normal damage is much different from edits, and that's why it needs to be nerfed.

Also, I already complained about the stun lock in many of my other posts, so do not try and pretend like I'm the one being oblivious here. "a magnus alone with just rune impact can keep you stun till you die even if hes hitting 300 damage" this is by the far the most untrue thing you have said in your entire comment. Rune impact does not even stun that much as it only has 70% stun rate, furthermore, no one gets rune impacted until they die. Because if it's in a war, someone is easily going to attack you while you're busy trying to shoot 500 rune impacts. And if it's in a duel, if you're doing anything under 2k, your enemy will not die before the battle is over depending on who you're fighting, and rune impact has a decent sized cooldown. Whereas mage's holy taker coolsdown rather quickly. 

I'm not arguing for the sake of a mage being rendered useless, I"m just saying it takes no effort to be a mage, and that in itself should be changed, the only reason you may say otherwise is because YOU'RE a mage. But me on the other hand, I have played  this game for a total of just about 6-7 years (including the time before they rebirthed,) and I've had plenty of experience in all classes, so I'm not biased by any means. I don't have a favorite class.

11 minutes ago, Retaliate said:

too late to nerf edits, players that went edit will just quit if they see their edits stats decrease or vanish. even if you gave them pd items since all they wanted was high hp or dmg or def etc and not pd item but yeah..maybe make a poll see what they think but I think most wont be happy. just saying

This is also untrue, a lot of edited players will be upset, but a lot of them will not quit. And even if they did, there are many more normal players than there are edited players, keeping majority happy is usually the key for most businesses. CL would not die suddenly because a few edited players got butthurt. 

• Orange locked this topic