Necromaner's Corpse Take

iLoonie

Question

As the title says, this question doesn't imply if the skill works, because IT DOES work, the question is, its mechanics.

Okay, here it goes:

Corpse Take (the icon with the Attract or Mana Vampirism, not the Blazing Body or Fire Blast one, that one looks bugged) applies a unlimited(?) duration buff that heals (which means will grow higher with higher m.atk) anyone who kills an afflicted mob/player with the buff. It's easily noticeable that the mob/s are afflicted with the buff because they have a very visible eye candy/ special effect. Interesting fact is that it's AoE is large, closely similar to Venom Cloud.

The usual AoE combo for Necromancers is Corpse Take > Blizzard/Fire Blast > Venom Cloud > and the usual finisher is Vital Explosion (because it deals the highest AoE damage for Necromancers, even at lvl 1, provided the Necromancer has high stats). Immediately you'll notice that when mobs die (afflicted with the buff, of course) you get healed yourself, it's the buff 's effect.

Now the question is: Does the heal stack with simultaneous/ multiple kills at the same time? because I've definitely notice that even though Vital Explosion can kill 2~3  low-life mobs instantaneously, I only get healed ONCE.

Thanks to anyone who would answer and possibly, elaborate it.

5 answers to this question

Corpse Take lasts for 20 minutes. For your question, yes, I only get healed once even though I killed multiple monsters afflicted by Corpse Take.

Corpse Explosion (the one with Blazing Body & Fire Blast icon) does work. I tested it on Slimes today. Gather some Slimes, cast Corpse Explosion, and kill just one of them. All of the Slimes around the afflicted one will die. However, there is a bug regarding Corpse Explosion. Monsters killed by Corpse Explosion will not count as a kill. No experience and gold gained, the kill count below the minimap won't increase either. Those numbers that indicate how much damage a monster takes won't appear as well. The damage done, though not indicated, is very small that it is hardly noticeable.

9 minutes ago, Fides said:

Corpse Take lasts for 20 minutes. For your question, yes, I only get healed once even though I killed multiple monsters afflicted by Corpse Take.

Corpse Explosion (the one with Blazing Body & Fire Blast icon) does work. I tested it on Slimes today. Gather some Slimes, cast Corpse Explosion, and kill just one of them. All of the Slimes around the afflicted one will die. However, there is a bug regarding Corpse Explosion. Monsters killed by Corpse Explosion will not count as a kill. No experience and gold gained, the kill count below the minimap won't increase either. Those numbers that indicate how much damage a monster takes won't appear as well. The damage done, though not indicated, is very small that it is hardly noticeable.

Thanks for the answer, but what exactly you meant with multiple monsters? all at once or one-by-one?

So Corpse Explosion does work, the problem is it's bugged (text, exp and gold mechanics, and damage). I hope @Orange notices our Necromancers because I'm seriously loving it as my main character now :shyheart:

10 minutes ago, iLoonie said:

Thanks for the answer, but what exactly you meant with multiple monsters? all at once or one-by-one?

So Corpse Explosion does work, the problem is it's bugged (text, exp and gold mechanics, and damage). I hope @Orange notices our Necromancers because I'm seriously loving it as my main character now :shyheart:

I meant all at once.

• Upvote 1

one last thing, even though this thread's suppose to be a question, it's best to put it here.

Mob/s that are afflicted with Corpse Take buff will not provide a heal if killed through SOUL SQUEEZE (Necro's other single target skill, shows a heal special effect, increases mana, although barely noticeable). Effects probably doesn't stack.