FIRE ARROW Missing DMG

Gianno

Currently i'm lvling on my new Character job Arch Ranger, though im new at this path, i don't know what happened but everytime on lvling in Great Garden (Mantis area), i keep getting missing damage attack to the Mantis when using Fire Arrow skill. Basically i mob the Mantis while i run away then cast Fire Arrow, but no damage outcome to kill the Mantis after skill cast. if anyone here could help lead me how to fix it? cause my character keep getting dead by this issue 😥

yes, and is not just "Fire Arrow", sometimes "Rapid Arrow" and also "Piercing Arrow" too
actually the damage is not touch the monsters because they are moving...
Tips: you need to stay and let them attacking you, as long as they are not moving, the Fire Arrow will damages them

note: this is not Bug, is just misslocation of the monsters, because they have high speed movements
for monsters level 81 higher, they have speed movements that make them seems like over there but actually they are not there anymore
so yeah, if we want to use "Fire Arrow", we need to make the monsters stays... dont use it if they are moving
(I hope I can explain it with Indonesian Languages, is too hard to explain it with English) xD

2 hours ago, Antoni77 said:

yes, and is not just "Fire Arrow", sometimes "Rapid Arrow" and also "Piercing Arrow" too
actually the damage is not touch the monsters because they are moving...
Tips: you need to stay and let them attacking you, as long as they are not moving, the Fire Arrow will damages them

note: this is not Bug, is just misslocation of the monsters, because they have high speed movements
for monsters level 81 higher, they have speed movements that make them seems like over there but actually they are not there anymore
so yeah, if we want to use "Fire Arrow", we need to make the monsters stays... dont use it if they are moving
(I hope I can explain it with Indonesian Languages, is too hard to explain it with English) xD

You sure this not bug? because it's only those 3 skills, anything except this 3 are normal, the dmg occur even monsters are moving .

• Administrator

It's not a bug but a technical "issue". Unlike targeted skills which assert damage as "from attacker to target" and hit the target regardless of their position after skill cast is completed, AoE skills search for targets in the AoE area coordinates when the skill begins to cast. This means the game tells the server to search for targets around specific coordinates, when you start casting those skills it tells the server the coordinates of the enemy you had targeted, but by the time it is done casting and searching for targets around those coordinates the targets have already moved out of the damage zone. You can see this happening with other AoE skills that are cast around the player, monsters who were initially next to you when you started casting and then moved past the AoE zone still get hit, while monsters that were still too far but got next to you by the time you were done casting the skill didn't get damaged.

We will certainly look into a workaround in the future but won't make any promises.