Upgrade Musket Skills

SilverDeer

The title speaks for itself. Gun-type jobs look more interesting than they were 8 years ago (when the skills didn't even have an icon in some cases). But I think it still needs some fixes. They have very few skills and you only get few levels for those skills. You have a huge amount of SP left over that you can even focus on another weapon (and it even works better than musket) and that's not nice.

Here are some specific suggestions: 

#1 Upgrade "Musket training" for both gun-type jobs. Its max level is 5, which makes these jobs useless compared to others. I think this one is the most important suggestion I can do.

#2 Pistol Range and Telescopic Musket Scope (Sniper Skills) doesn't work in this moment, it are supposed to increase the range. If it can't be fixed easily, they could be modified to give accuracy (for example). Also, max level for pistol range is 2.

#3 Proximity Fire(Sniper): This skill works properly. But It has a long range for a skill called "proximity fire". Something similar happens with "Musket Proximity" (Panzer)

#4 Fast Reload: Sniper gets this skill lvl 4 , but it doesn't work(it's for bow) and Sniper has no bow skills. It could be replaced with "Reloading"(from Panzer, that seems it doesn't work either)

#5 Musket Blast(Panzer): I think it works well, but the casting animation is bugged/ it's very weird 

#6 Musket Accuracy: It works properly but it has only 3 lvls

#7 Bleeding Blow: Why is this here? Panzer gets 25 levels of this skill but can't use it, it's for two-handed weapons. I don't want to suggest fix that problem, I suggest replacing those 25 lvls with 25 lvls of Body Check (No-weapon skill and fits with the panzer's concept)

#8 Kneeling Shot/Fire(both jobs): It works properly. It's supposed to be a shot to the feet, so why not make it reduce ms? (This is just to "spice up" the skill)

Just as you once improved the Crusader job, it would be great to do it also for Muskets, they are jobs with a lot of potential in this game. I could suggest new specific skills, but that depends on you. 

Please check these suggestions. And sorry if my english may not be clear ^ ~ ^

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Administrator

#1 Some players haven't caught up yet but you get 5 levels per job, max lv5 skills that you only get at lv105 jobs aren't unique to sniper/panzer, that's just how it works.

The fix is not giving a higher level skill but adjusting the patk amount you get from musket training.

#2 This will be fixed next patch.

#3 We increased the range of all gun skills because they were too short, especially for sniper, we just haven't changed the names of the skills yet.

#4 This will be fixed next patch.

#5 I will check this later.

#6 We could give a few more levels of this skill but working on the amount of accuracy it gives would be good too.

#7 A good suggestion, will consider it.

#8 A good suggestion, will consider it.

And about the SP, many jobs need to have an SP balance. Some mage have the right balance, making you choose skills wisely, while other jobs don't require you to use all your SP to obtain all the skills, which should be adjusted.

Our next goal is to fix all skill bugs, the rework might not come until the patch after, depending on the work load.

My vision for musket jobs is for sniper to be the longest distance assassin, surpassing bow but with less survival, a glass cannon type of job, and for panzer to be a medium distance, shorter than bow, more AoE and CC based similar to treasure hunter. 

Thank you for suggestions and review of musket jobs, a thorough and well written post!

Thanks for replying :3

I noticed it increases 5 levels per job but I thought it worked differently (I thought they gets 25 levels because they are 105 jobs). Now you mentioned that, it makes sense. In that case Musket accuracy should have 5 lvl (instead of 3), It seems to follow the same line as "Sword Rapidity/Axe Mortality/Mace Protection"

#3 : Yes but I wrote this one considering it's called "Musket Proximity/Proximity Fire" and the casting animation is like a push.

I agree with you, we have the same concept for those jobs :3

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1