Balance problems between classes

Raist

First of all, it's a lenghty post which im not even sure if it's gonna be seen. For everyone reading, thanks. 

I think the classes as they are now are fairly unbalanced. BT imo is the biggest offender here. Every class and every job excels at one thing, BT can do anything a physical class does and much better than anyone else

If we take a look at the class, it's basically a better TM, SM, and Destroyer. ( I have characters from all these classes) 

With proper equipment it hits harder than all of them, has way more eva so is considerably more tanky than them as well. Has lvl 25 armor expertise on top of that. 

If we are talking about pvp, there is this fundamental problem that a fighter needs to use a suboptimal damage move to hit a rogue, otherwise they miss (Fearful Blow and Rune Impact). These moves have much lower damage than their respective classes main spells, and even their main spells don't hit as hard as a Dagger Blow from a BT. Not to mention Dagger Blow has a HUGE range, even comparable to AR skills, which is kinda weird for a class that is supposed to be low range. Now one could argue that fighters can solve their problem with strike equip, but then they don't have the p.a to compliment it. All in all, a BT with good equipment can survive a low dmg undodgeable spell from a fighter, but not the other way around. 

As for the TM case, what's even the point of playing TM instead of BT? I can't think of a logical reason other than elves looking better and even that is up to preference. Sure you might love to buff your allies with your party buffs as well, but every single important stat out there, BT has much more of it and it's not even close.

To conclude this, as a BT main myself, i demand a bit of a nerf for BT. It's not fun when half of the players in the server plays the same class as me.

• Administrator

Hi, thank you for your detailed post. While I agree that BT is currently overpowered, you are forgetting mages, mages are the counter to rogue's evasion, they even have beholder to counter them as well. This is not saying we will not be looking at BT but you should not omit the other class when talking about balance between classes! 

5 hours ago, Raist said:

First of all, it's a lenghty post which im not even sure if it's gonna be seen. For everyone reading, thanks. 

I think the classes as they are now are fairly unbalanced. BT imo is the biggest offender here. Every class and every job excels at one thing, BT can do anything a physical class does and much better than anyone else

If we take a look at the class, it's basically a better TM, SM, and Destroyer. ( I have characters from all these classes) 

With proper equipment it hits harder than all of them, has way more eva so is considerably more tanky than them as well. Has lvl 25 armor expertise on top of that. 

If we are talking about pvp, there is this fundamental problem that a fighter needs to use a suboptimal damage move to hit a rogue, otherwise they miss (Fearful Blow and Rune Impact). These moves have much lower damage than their respective classes main spells, and even their main spells don't hit as hard as a Dagger Blow from a BT. Not to mention Dagger Blow has a HUGE range, even comparable to AR skills, which is kinda weird for a class that is supposed to be low range. Now one could argue that fighters can solve their problem with strike equip, but then they don't have the p.a to compliment it. All in all, a BT with good equipment can survive a low dmg undodgeable spell from a fighter, but not the other way around. 

As for the TM case, what's even the point of playing TM instead of BT? I can't think of a logical reason other than elves looking better and even that is up to preference. Sure you might love to buff your allies with your party buffs as well, but every single important stat out there, BT has much more of it and it's not even close.

To conclude this, as a BT main myself, i demand a bit of a nerf for BT. It's not fun when half of the players in the server plays the same class as me.

Nerf for what?, you will not just affect bt in pvp but also who farm's using bt.

you only mention TH> BT path... Dagger Blow? (originally BT doesn't have that)
and what would be happened if there is newbe choose Pure Straight Path Assassin> BT?
then they get news BT has been nerfed... awww man... xD

I think now is more important to fix remaining Bug Skills rather than to balancing character Job
(just my opinion) ;) 

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2020 at 1:45 PM, Orange said:

Hi, thank you for your detailed post. While I agree that BT is currently overpowered, you are forgetting mages, mages are the counter to rogue's evasion, they even have beholder to counter them as well. This is not saying we will not be looking at BT but you should not omit the other class when talking about balance between classes! 

Yes, but that would not solve BT having more advantage than the other classes mentioned as all of those would more or less have the same Mdef with BT given that it is accessories that boost that stat and receive almost same damage from mages. except the nuke fighters will only have slightly higher HP. I could be wrong tho lol

On 3/28/2020 at 1:45 PM, Orange said:

I agreed than mage are the counter to rogue's evasion and also stealth. Howevever, I will be mentioning pvp scenario here, mages in pvp (exclude S.A) for Grandmaster, Necromancer, and Cardinal having low casting speed without buffs. If the mage died once and the BT lock on the mage, mages will never win over BT as mages need time to cast beholder, holly barries or shrewd spell.

BTs are very powerful, they have strong melee skills. However, saying it's better than a TM is because skills such as debuffs/stuns aren't being considered. If we base the game only on having high damage and duels only with Dagger Blow and Sonic Boom, so yes, they are overpowered and better than the mentioned classes.

Some opinions: 

Dagger Blow/Shield Boomerang: I think the game gives you too many levels and power just being Treasure hunter. I think it shouldn't be like this. There should be a midpoint between Th and Entrapper, I mean something like "Hunter Smooke" that you get 5 levels and then you get the rest as a Entrapper. Final Blow is the best skill of Assasins and you don't get 20 levels and 5 useless level as BT.

Figthers have Spirit sword, it's the most broken sleep in the game even better than mage sleep skills, It also makes damage!! Sonic Boom gets an exaggerated range and has good damage, I think it's a broken stat combo. Rune Impact never fails.