BT vs AR (Sahel Dino farming)

Nyarlathothep

I just want to start a discussion regarding this kind issue to help other players decide on their farmer character :D

Here's my opinion:

I think AR is better than BT

• 1. building AR might be cheaper than BT although both almost have the same eva equips for farming except the weapon, and 1pc EG is definitely cheaper than 2pcs of venom needle
  • 2. BT might be stronger when it comes to damage but AR doesn't fall behind that much and can have two powerful AOE  with considerably good area (Hunter Blast and Smoldering Shot).
  • 3. Dino's are poorly spaced in Sahel and luring 6 of them can be annoying (they stop after they attack you and reflect on their life's decisions from the childhood to adulthood before chasing you again lol). They may lose aggro when you proceed to approach the other dino to lure and thus, have to come back for the nostalgic dino and lure it again as BT. For AR luring is a bit easier, you can approach the dino's that are close together (normally 4) and snipe the 2 distant one's with basic attack to chase you and voila, you have them grouped around you that easy.

Basically, I'm just saying this to hype bow users out there lol. What's your take on this topic? :D 

Wooo!! I don't think any of them are good for farming, considering that people always mention "Hunter Blast" (from TH) for their combos. c: Basically Treasure hunters and Entrappers see how other jobs get all the credit and fame using their skills! Fortunately they will never see the incredible power of the Ice Illusion skill.

Now the most boring part of my opinion:

Wind breaking level 20 reaches the same attack as Hunter Blast 15. Smoldering shot lvl 5 is less powerful than both (if I'm not mistaken). Also with enough equipment and MS, Blade takers could use their Melee skills and kill 1x1. Unfortunately Final Blow isn't doing the damage it should. In a way, the Blade Taker is a clear example of investing for higher profits. The problem is that the Blade Taker wasn't made to farm, It was made to do aggressive damage and for this reason if you invest well = it will pay off. I have a theory that if they were Ranger instead of TH, they could do better with my 1x1 theory. 

Archers are better benefited from being Treasure Hunter because their main deficiency is the Critical rate obtained by dagger jobs. In addition its damage is high enough, in a way it's a simpler and faster alternative than a Blade Taker, they're also better functional when it comes to farming in other places where a job Melee would have problems. 

In simple words, if you're new and lazy to get tons of equipment, it's better to be a TH>AR.

8 minutes ago, SilverDeer said:

Wooo!! I don't think any of them are good for farming, considering that people always mention "Hunter Blast" (from TH) for their combos. c: Basically Treasure hunters and Entrappers see how other jobs get all the credit and fame using their skills! Fortunately they will never see the incredible power of the Ice Illusion skill.

Now the most boring part of my opinion:

Wind breaking level 20 reaches the same attack as Hunter Blast 15. Smoldering shot lvl 5 is less powerful than both (if I'm not mistaken). Also with enough equipment and MS, Blade takers could use their Melee skills and kill 1x1. Unfortunately Final Blow isn't doing the damage it should. In a way, the Blade Taker is a clear example of investing for higher profits. The problem is that the Blade Taker wasn't made to farm, It was made to do aggressive damage and for this reason if you invest well = it will pay off. I have a theory that if they were Ranger instead of TH, they could do better with my 1x1 theory. 

Archers are better benefited from being Treasure Hunter because their main deficiency is the Critical rate obtained by dagger jobs. In addition its damage is high enough, in a way it's a simpler and faster alternative than a Blade Taker, they're also better functional when it comes to farming in other places where a job Melee would have problems. 

In simple words, if you're new and lazy to get tons of equipment, it's better to be a TH>AR.

Yeah, I feel for entraps since they suffer from the lack of dual wield, so normally you would go TH>BT/TH>AR for Sahel farming.cause they got better damage. In a way, that makes them good farmers lol. :D D'ya have any idea if 1h entrap eva/str build can 2hit dino with HB + WB if it uses +14HCD? kinda curious lol

1 hour ago, Nyarlathothep said:

Yeah, I feel for entraps since they suffer from the lack of dual wield, so normally you would go TH>BT/TH>AR for Sahel farming.cause they got better damage. In a way, that makes them good farmers lol. :D D'ya have any idea if 1h entrap eva/str build can 2hit dino with HB + WB if it uses +14HCD? kinda curious lol

They probably will. With such a +14 weapon, who wouldn't? :0

33 minutes ago, SilverDeer said:

They probably will. With such a +14 weapon, who wouldn't? :0

I mean, i'm not sure +14HCD is not as strong as the raw patk of 2pcs venom or even with dual wield penalty, that's why I asked

• 3 weeks later...

I think you supposedly poor the Entrapers not because they can't Dual Wield,
but because their Main Skills, The Traps Skills are still bugged... T.T 
(oh wait, I am not online for 2 Months, it is Fix for Trap Skills already updated?)

20 hours ago, Antoni77 said:

I think you supposedly poor the Entrapers not because they can't Dual Wield,
but because their Main Skills, The Traps Skills are still bugged... T.T 
(oh wait, I am not online for 2 Months, it is Fix for Trap Skills already updated?)

Not yet, you can cast them but they don't explode

1 hour ago, Nyarlathothep said:

Not yet, you can cast them but they don't explode

Sometimes they explode when they are around monsters but do nothing anyway. Hopefully they will become a functional skill soon : (

4 hours ago, SilverDeer said:

Sometimes they explode when they are around monsters but do nothing anyway. Hopefully they will become a functional skill soon : (

yes that's correct, they "did" explode when opponents coming nearby...
but the animation is too fast... feels like that explosion animations are canceled or something like that... xD

and well yeah, as I remember from the Old Luna Online, Traps Skills has High Damages too... hahahaha

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Yaki said:

In conclusion, what would be the best option to farm in the Sahel with a bow? could you recommend path and stat? I have some items with some eva

Maybe my old answer can help

On 5/14/2020 at 5:30 AM, SilverDeer said:

The path I'm talking is Ruffian > Scout > TH > AR (Human)