cant find the LUNACLIENT.exe

mortz

i already check my antivirus quarantine there's no LUNACLIENT.exe because i disable my anti virus .. i already disable my anti virus before instaling and before running the game.. is there any separate download file for LUNAclient? thanks

I think the launcher downloads it when it's deleted.. Have you already checked the deleted files of your antivirus? Maybe the client is there..

You should add it to the exceptions list and leave a saved copy of LunaClient.exe inside a .rar / .zip file (if the exception list doesn't help) 

I'd like to send you the LunaClient.exe here but I don't know if it's allowed 

• Administrator

Please pay attention to the front page of our forums, there is a guide there.

This issue only happens with outdated antiviruses, please update your antivirus or switch to a more popular one that keeps their virus DB up to date.

• 10 months later...
  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Skarpeta said:

Hi, I have the same problem with Norton. And it is detecting high risk threat of name: Heur.AdvML.B

What is that?

As the topic I linked says, it's a false positive because our client is packed and it can't read it.

50 minutes ago, Orange said:

As the topic I linked says, it's a false positive because our client is packed and it can't read it.

I thought it is more about free to use or less frequent updated antivirus programs. I using Norton what is updating frequently. I was googling a bit about this specific threat and made me worried. It can cause a lot of problems :s. Just worried as I never in past had an issue like that and wanted to return to the game (in past had antivirus as well).

• Administrator

We have thousands of players, do you think we would be distributing malware? Antiviruses flag packed programs when they can't read them, it's called a false positive.

You can check yourself that we have submitted our program to major antivirus providers and they marked it as safe: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5ec357470b52540588bf3a768d200577efb0134412037cc8c590e85506fd330c/detection

14 hours ago, Orange said:

We have thousands of players, do you think we would be distributing malware? Antiviruses flag packed programs when they can't read them, it's called a false positive.

You can check yourself that we have submitted our program to major antivirus providers and they marked it as safe: https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/5ec357470b52540588bf3a768d200577efb0134412037cc8c590e85506fd330c/detection

Please do not feel offended in any way. I am just concerned about it, nothing less or more. Because of world wide situation, nasty stuffs are everywhere lurking for people.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day. 

EDIT:

I contacted Norton about confirmation of false positive and unfortunately they could not confirm it :(. It is sad information for me, I do not know why they could not - maybe it is some Norton thing. Just wanted to let you know, nothing else.

Edited by Skarpeta

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Skarpeta said:

Please do not feel offended in any way. I am just concerned about it, nothing less or more. Because of world wide situation, nasty stuffs are everywhere lurking for people.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day. 

EDIT:

I contacted Norton about confirmation of false positive and unfortunately they could not confirm it :(. It is sad information for me, I do not know why they could not - maybe it is some Norton thing. Just wanted to let you know, nothing else.

They can't confirm that because they don't have our details and specifications. If seeing that major antivirus providers marked our program as safe is not enough for you then we can't do anything else for you.

• Orange locked this topic