Magic Crit Rate for Philosopher's Stones

SilverDeer

Today I was granting stats with Philostones, looking at the starry sky of NC and I was wondering why there's no Magic critical rate in its possible bonus.

The title speaks for itself but here is my argument.

The Magical Crit Rate is a very rare stat that currently can't be obtained in any way other than by buffs or items. Wisdom doesn't help this either (or I'm blind maybe). Why do people have to depend on being Monk-Inqui-SA to reach something? Without Critical Rate you starve in this game! The physical counterpart has much more ease and advantage in these aspects, it's easier to get crit rate and other benefits through Philos and Stats while the options for Mages are more limited .  

I feel like Magical jobs lost importance on this server, many people prefer jobs like SM and BT or something physical. Maybe this suggestion could spice up the game for magical users like Crusaders for example. 

The idea is also that it grants a low bonus number as it happens with "Critical damage" to mention an example.

People are invited to give their opinion here!  ;)

• Upvote 1

Additions:
Phillo does not giving us these:
-Physical Attack Speed
-Magical Cast Speed
-Physical Defend
-Magical Defend
-Magical Critical Rates

weird one?
-there is 2 Movement Speed Grants, the normal one and the % one... xD

also the reason why Magical Critical Rate is so rare to get comparing with the Physical Critical Rate it's because Magical Attack have High Damages
even the Reinforce and the Phillos has higher Max for Magical Attack than the Physical...
but yes I am agree, this is 2020 now and Critical are so important,
so yes I am agree that we supposedly can gain Magical Critical Rates too on Philloes... xD

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Antoni77 said:

Additions:
Phillo does not giving us these:
-Physical Attack Speed
-Magical Cast Speed
-Physical Defend
-Magical Defend
-Magical Critical Rates

weird one?
-there is 2 Movement Speed Grants, the normal one and the % one... xD

also the reason why Magical Critical Rate is so rare to get comparing with the Physical Critical Rate it's because Magical Attack have High Damages
even the Reinforce and the Phillos has higher Max for Magical Attack than the Physical...
but yes I am agree, this is 2020 now and Critical are so important,
so yes I am agree that we supposedly can gain Magical Critical Rates too on Philloes... xD

Thank you for leaving your opinion! You forgot Block Rate but we all agree this stat is too overpowered for philos. :]

The physical / magical defense can be obtained easily through Vit & Sab(the latter is quite avoided), and Durelin & Argentum. I think It's easy to say "Magic damage is very strong" when everyone when they receive a +40 Philo of Wisdom, they generally throw it out as useless or when we don't even take the time to upgrade our accessories. Currently I'm not sure if we can say that magic damage is high when we see many physical jobs devastating the game without surprising us.

-Physical Attack Speed
-Magical Cast Speed

About these although they sound nice to be added, they're quite significant and I say this especially for Cast Speed that after reaching 100% reduction your skills become instantaneous. This really could be harmful to the balance of the classes ... unless you can't get beyond 1% per option, then we would get a game with different speeds and not fixed only by skills and specific items.

• 1 year later...

Hmmm, I think magic crit is good but Phys Def and Magic Def will just be trash like the pa and ma in philo which will only lower the probability further of getting what you actually want when philoing. Magic cast speed  is a bit op that's why they removed the default -10% cast speed effect on rare staves (see original luna  items)