Barnacle Bill

I've been exploring new territories with other classes, and I've come across a very under appreciated skill -- curse weakness!

This is such a powerful skill that it should be a staple to all mage builds. Here it is at its peak1300615513_curseweaknesstooltip.png.dfc72f957a35c504c8398b0a047b3507.png

While this is an awesome skill, I've found the tool tip does not exceed expectations, and I'll show you what I mean. 

Take note of the following stats mentioned in the tool tip window:

• Movement speed
  • Critical rate

My guinea pig for today will be my magnus, Zecallion. Observe his raw stats: 1631369632_guineapigstats.png.1351e58823c0f8118cca5b994347a311.png

Here are his stats again, but this time, he is afflicted by the weakness curse... 1759205593_afflictedstats.png.9c556ec943f53412a71f533d8ad540bf.png

As one can observe, the movement speed is completely unchanged, in both the stat window, and as well as actually running around. Also take note of the critical rate in both stat windows -- a 19% decrease! A far cry from 0% critical chance. 

When curse weakness is coupled with angelic touch, one's magical defense can fall below zero, and when this happens, something very strange happens to the magical defense stat: wow!!.png.5debb8e01755cab9ea5db0535c59a059.png

• Upvote 1

I think the skill doesn't even have another effect assigned besides of decreasing all stats. Maybe it just needs movement speed decreasing, considering that you lose Eva-Accu-Crit rate when losing dex and str. (My opinion) 

When curse weakness is coupled with angelic touch, one's magical defense can fall below zero, and when this happens, something very strange happens to the magical defense stat: 

Fortunately this is not because of that combo. It only happens when the game tries to render something beyond 0, divide/multiply by 0. I used Curse Weakness on a naked char and that happened without using Angelic Touch.  If your character didn't become immune to magic damage after obtaining that long number, then there's nothing to be alarmed about. 

I will add this problem to my bug list too OuO

• Thanks 1