Need advice on build (Magnus)

haze86

Question

Hello, new player here. As the title says, I'm in need of advice. So I'm currently a level 103 Knight planning to become a Magnus. 1h+shield

This was my first character to get to the 105 and the main reason I made it was to be a stepping stone aka farming, de-level+boosting my alts (PVE). I was planning to build entrapper at first but it seems like it will be hell leveling it considering I was planning to use Ruff>Scout>RW>Entrap path and eva equip is expensive as hell. So I'm ditching it, till I can boost it myself with my Magnus.

So the main question is should I use 1h-sword+shield or 1h-axe+shield?

Currently I'm using 1h-sword+shield and full str stat because Magnus's main weapon seems to be a sword considering its sword passives are higher lvled. the problem is my non-crit dmg sucks, and I don't crit that much as my crit rate sucks. Should I reskill and restat to 1h-axe+shield and full dex? I can get a decent lvl in Axe passives from Knight but would it be enough to increase my dmg? or maybe I should stick to sword and increase crit rate somehow??

I know PVP and Guild War are a big part of the game in Luna but I'm focusing on PVE and not planning to go PVP in the near future. So what would be better? sword or axe?

2 answers to this question

Magnus has Sword Training lvl 20 vs Axe Training lvl 15(From Knight)

Axe Training lvl 15: 12% P.A
Sword Training lvl 20: 15% P.A

But Axe Mortality lvl 20 adds +10% Critical Damage. The final damage is boosted. 

Maybe if your purpose is PvE, an Axe Magnus would be worth it. You only lose Spirit Sword but it's often used on PvP and some single target skills.

On 6/5/2021 at 10:28 AM, SilverDeer said:

Magnus has Sword Training lvl 20 vs Axe Training lvl 15(From Knight)

Axe Training lvl 15: 12% P.A
Sword Training lvl 20: 15% P.A

But Axe Mortality lvl 20 adds +10% Critical Damage. The final damage is boosted. 

Maybe if your purpose is PvE, an Axe Magnus would be worth it. You only lose Spirit Sword but it's often used on PvP and some single target skills.

by using Axe he will also can't use Sonic Boom and Double Sonic Blast too... xD