Make "group" monsters soloable for all classes.

Mandy

Do you guys think this would be possible? They're "group monsters" for a reason I get it but like, the game has 0 party cus people don't do party like that; all they want is fill their inventory as soon as possible and move on. And it's also unnecessary cus every rogue class (except for Sniper) can solo them just fine lol venom needle, emerald glider+12, easy 400 evasion and there you have it, a farming character that also has extortion, so the "group" aspect doesn't really apply to them. Shouldn't rogues struggle the most against these? Considering they even have a buff that increases drop rate. I'm just suggesting this because before sahel & parasus, any class could farm Nera just fine, you could enjoy any class with no issues; but now if you wanna grind for some gold you gotta go rogue/edit or you're screwed.

pd: I'm talking about monsters only, not bosses- 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mandy said:

Do you guys think this would be possible? They're "group monsters" for a reason I get it but like, the game has 0 party cus people don't do party like that; all they want is fill their inventory as soon as possible and move on. And it's also unnecessary cus every rogue class (except for Sniper) can solo them just fine lol venom needle, emerald glider+12, easy 400 evasion and there you have it, a farming character that also has extortion, so the "group" aspect doesn't really apply to them. Shouldn't rogues struggle the most against these? Considering they even have a buff that increases drop rate. I'm just suggesting this because before sahel & parasus, any class could farm Nera just fine, you could enjoy any class with no issues; but now if you wanna grind for some gold you gotta go rogue/edit or you're screwed.

pd: I'm talking about monsters only, not bosses- 

the problem is Party has penalty that will divide EXP, Gold, and Item Drop Rates (depending the party members, more party members, the less EXP and Golds we gain)
that's why people on this game don't want to Party with other players (except for DD).

Luna Online is just Old MMORPG with that Old System for Party/Groups EXP Rate and Gold Rate gains
comparing with some of New MMORPG they have Bonus for Party EXP Rate, the more member on the Party, the more EXP Bonus Rate they will gains
they are easily getting to Max Level, and later they are getting bored of that game and quit from playing it...

I hope we will get some New Quests in near future, so we have reason again to playing with Party... the more Party members, more easy to complete the Quests
getting Reward EXP, Golds, and sometime Items too from the NPC... xD 

5 hours ago, Antoni77 said:

the problem is Party has penalty that will divide EXP, Gold, and Item Drop Rates (depending the party members, more party members, the less EXP and Golds we gain)
that's why people on this game don't want to Party with other players (except for DD).

Luna Online is just Old MMORPG with that Old System for Party/Groups EXP Rate and Gold Rate gains
comparing with some of New MMORPG they have Bonus for Party EXP Rate, the more member on the Party, the more EXP Bonus Rate they will gains
they are easily getting to Max Level, and later they are getting bored of that game and quit from playing it...

I hope we will get some New Quests in near future, so we have reason again to playing with Party... the more Party members, more easy to complete the Quests
getting Reward EXP, Golds, and sometime Items too from the NPC... xD 

I know, but more so than party, my concern is the fact that you can only grind using rogues/pd/edited items lol.  If only all classes were able to farm gold as efficiently as rogues do, the game would be, imo, way more enjoyable thanks to that variety. I mean there is no way a rogue should be able to hit "group monsters" for 100k while receiving no damage at all. Then you have the actual Warrior Classes that can't even come close to that lol. You either pick damage or defense, you can't do both (and boi did I try). Idk, it's just annoying to see how broken rogues are. They don't have an issue with skill points cus you can get all the skills you need, you can get 400 evasion easily, hit 100k per aoe just fine, and so on.

Also, there is no way a MMORPG will increase the party rates, that just makes no sense. What happens with newer MMORPGS and other genres is that people must party in order to complete certain quests and then rush to late-game, that's all. 

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

I know, but more so than party, my concern is the fact that you can only grind using rogues/pd/edited items lol.  If only all classes were able to farm gold as efficiently as rogues do, the game would be, imo, way more enjoyable thanks to that variety. I mean there is no way a rogue should be able to hit "group monsters" for 100k while receiving no damage at all. Then you have the actual Warrior Classes that can't even come close to that lol. You either pick damage or defense, you can't do both (and boi did I try). Idk, it's just annoying to see how broken rogues are. They don't have an issue with skill points cus you can get all the skills you need, you can get 400 evasion easily, hit 100k per aoe just fine, and so on.

Also, there is no way a MMORPG will increase the party rates, that just makes no sense. What happens with newer MMORPGS and other genres is that people must party in order to complete certain quests and then rush to late-game, that's all. 

oh I see, I see... you means is Unfair if only Rogue Class that is good for Solo-Hunting on High Levels, because they have Venom Dagger and Bow Emerald Glider, and they have Evasions to Survive from opponents attacks, while on the other situations, Fighters and Mages need PD Items and Edited Equipment so they can Solo-Hunting against group of monsters on Higher Levels? hahahahaha (I am agree with you). 

well I am also wondering why there is no Axe Two Handed Rare, Sword Two Handed Rare, Sword One-Handed Rare on Level 125 higher?
that's kinda unfair if only Dagger and Bow, also Staff One Handed that has Rare on High Levels... T_T
Lets suggest New Rare Equipment for High Levels (Level 125 Higher) such Axe Two Handed, and Swords too :D  

but about Evasions, I remember Admin Orange already discuss about this too on Forum, Orange want to Nerf Rogue a bit for their Evasions,
because is not Balanced, I remember that I am suggested for Evasions too, some of the suggestions is:
"if we fighting 5 monsters, the evasion will still work, but if we fighting 6 or more monsters the evasions will not work and they can hit us."   :!:

or something like that if I am remember it correctly.

It would be something impossible to achieve since some classes are not made to be dps. And if the monsters were weaker, the rogues would still have an advantage.  It will just break the game.

I still think that it's good that some classes are better than others for certain tasks, precisely Extortion is a buff for characters destined for the task of farming. But nowadays an Entrapper is not so attractive and some other jobs needs some upgrades.. for example, panzers, I think they would be a nice class for farming but their lack of musket passives makes them weaker.

The problem here is just the evasion, plus they gain too much critical damage. Basically, they can lure 6-10 monsters and no one will touch them, even when the char is standing still.. doesn't sound plausible, right?  It was once mentioned about changing that, so monsters don't miss all their hits every time. I'm not sure what happened. 

1 hour ago, Antoni77 said:

well I am also wondering why there is no Axe Two Handed Rare, Sword Two Handed Rare, Sword One-Handed Rare on Level 125 higher?
that's kinda unfair if only Dagger and Bow, also Staff One Handed that has Rare on High Levels... T_T
Lets suggest New Rare Equipment for High Levels (Level 125 Higher) such Axe Two Handed, and Swords too :D 

This is something that would help a lot. I second this.

52 minutes ago, SilverDeer said:

It would be something impossible to achieve since some classes are not made to be dps. And if the monsters were weaker, the rogues would still have an advantage.  It will just break the game.

I still think that it's good that some classes are better than others for certain tasks, precisely Extortion is a buff for characters destined for the task of farming. But nowadays an Entrapper is not so attractive and some other jobs needs some upgrades.. for example, panzers, I think they would be a nice class for farming but their lack of musket passives makes them weaker.

The problem here is just the evasion, plus they gain too much critical damage. Basically, they can lure 6-10 monsters and no one will touch them, even when the char is standing still.. doesn't sound plausible, right?  It was once mentioned about changing that, so monsters don't miss all their hits every time. I'm not sure what happened. 

This is something that would help a lot. I second this.

That's not true at all. The problem is not just the evasion (you can easily hit 400 with warriors as well), the problem is the damage rogues can do (fire bomb, magic arrow) regardless of their build. I recently built a Sniper and I was hitting 30k crit with A SINGLE-TARGET musket skill, while the fire bomb was doing almost 70k crit dude. I did the same with a Destroyer. I went eva build expecting its damage-outpout was gonna be similar to the bomb's, but to my surprise, I was barely hitting 25-30k crit.

Also no, such change won't break the game, how is that even gonna happen? Rogues can 2shot everything, what's gonna change if the group monsters turned soloable?? They'd 1shot them instead, no big deal. Plus, limiting the amount of monsters you can lure using evasion doesn't change anything either, the broken damage & ridiculously high mov. speed rogues can get is still there.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mandy said:

That's not true at all. The problem is not just the evasion (you can easily hit 400 with warriors as well), the problem is the damage rogues can do (fire bomb, magic arrow) regardless of their build. I recently built a Sniper and I was hitting 30k crit with A SINGLE-TARGET musket skill, while the fire bomb was doing almost 70k crit dude. I did the same with a Destroyer. I went eva build expecting its damage-outpout was gonna be similar to the bomb's, but to my surprise, I was barely hitting 25-30k crit.

Also no, such change won't break the game, how is that even gonna happen? Rogues can 2shot everything, what's gonna change if the group monsters turned soloable?? They'd 1shot them instead, no big deal. Plus, limiting the amount of monsters you can lure using evasion doesn't change anything either, the broken damage & ridiculously high mov. speed rogues can get is still there.

Well.. That's a good point, you know Hunter Blast has too high damage by default; even higher than basis skills of Snipers, Shadow Spin(Assasin), Dagger Blow. I think I once mentioned it in some post. As Treasure Hunter you receive these powerfull skills and it boost some other jobs a lot. When Entrappers don't make that difference. (Found it) https://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/topic/33514-balance-problems-between-classes/#comment-311167 

How would It break the game? Well, gold would become easier to get which means increasing the inflation in the game. While a BT and AR are powerful you have to take into account the factor of investing and equipping them, you just don't go with 2 AK and a +7 gardener to hunt Dinos. Generally you put together a bunch of items to keep it simple and some of us use buffs from other character jobs. Then there's the develing thing (from 135)

Antoni77 mentioned a good point, other jobs are needing items according to those levels. I mentioned other jobs could have some fixes.

This balance problem seems simple but it's quite a puzzle 

• 2 months later...