Holy Crusader's Mace Revamp or Introduction of New PD Magic Type Mace

Nyarlathothep

Crusaders having next to none when it comes to viable weapon options in the late game has been an issue I've notice a few years back which the introduction Corrupted Branch helped solve. However, with Corrupted Branch only at lvl 118 and almost everyone now uses PD weapons, Crusaders are still at a disadvantage. Upon checking of HCM stats, it pales in comparison to scale when compared with Athena's Mithril Hammer and other OG midgame magic based swords. Here are my Observations:

Bloody Scimitar [lvl 62]

Physical Attack: 88

Magical Attack: 85

Matk to Patk ratio = 96.59%

Athena's Mithril Hammer [lvl 82]

Physical Attack: 126

Magical Attack: 118

Matk to Patk ratio = 93.65%

Now, one weird thing here is that Athena's Mithril Hammer has the same Magical Attack with the lvl 82 1h Staff, Power of Lotus.

Corrupted Branch [lvl 118]

Physical Attack: 200

Magical Attack: 187

Matk to Patk ratio = 93.5%

Now here's the stats of Holy Crusader's Hammer [PD lvl 135]

Physical Attack: 270

Magical Attack: 167

Matk to Patk ratio = 61.85%

-What's more is that it doesn't add any INT stats unlike the other magic based 1h weapons

Now, I understand that HC Mace is probably intended for 1h physical Paladin or Magnus build but with the big disadvantage of not having a ranged skill for them renders mace and axe almost useless in wars and pvp. If we introduce a high level magic based mace [PD or not], we may start seeing a resurgence of Crusaders in the game with them being a sub-tank that can hit both physically and magically without them being too OP since they don't have ranged skills like their other tank/magic hitter counterparts. I'm not asking here that the PD Magic Type Mace be as strong as HC Staff but be powerful enough to make the money spent on them worth it. One problem I see with balance tho is, will the +35 VIT bonus of HC Mace be OP if used in a tank build Cardinal/Necro? Also, if we implement this and add a physical ranged skill for Axe and Mace, the Crusader might become OP. Thanks for reading ^^

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2022 at 4:13 PM, Antoni77 said:

wait a sec, Bloody Scimitar is One Handed Sword, not a Mace... xD

Ya, I indicated in my post that I used midgame magic based weapons (i.e., mace and sword ) for comparison. Athena is the first magic/INT type mace in the game. Before that, all the int based weapons aside from staves are Point Sword, Bloody Howler, and Rule Breaker I think, so two swords and one dagger. It was only later in the game that was decided that mace will the main weapon for int Fighters thru the mace only skills of Crusader. I also forgot to add the Blue rarity event mace  in the post (I forgot the name) with about 70+% ma/pa ratio