Moon Blind Swamp Crashing

Nyarlathothep

So I tried hunting for Point Sword earlier and noticed a problem I've experienced here for years, the map often crashes when you level up (not every single level up tho), this happens almost with every single character I made since I came back in 2018-ish?

Thanks a lot admins

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2022 at 1:49 PM, Nyarlathothep said:

So I tried hunting for Point Sword earlier and noticed a problem I've experienced here for years, the map often crashes when you level up (not every single level up tho), this happens almost with every single character I made since I came back in 2018-ish?

Thanks a lot admins

hmm are you also doing a Quest on the Moonblind Swamp too? (maybe?)

On 4/9/2022 at 5:09 AM, Antoni77 said:

I had this problem too, and some friends too. This happens just by killing monsters, you don't need to pick any quest before.

14 hours ago, SilverDeer said:

I had this problem too, and some friends too. This happens just by killing monsters, you don't need to pick any quest before.

hmm, I am just doing fine on Moonblind Swamp now, hunting and leveling, and didn't get crash...  xD

On 4/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, Antoni77 said:

No quest, I killed monsters there, leveled up a bit with no problems until I reach lvl 38 then I crashed right away. Relogged, leveled up at lvl 39 then crashed again. One workaround I found is to not go to MBS for leveling lol. Grind to lv 31 at tarintus and kill Orc Archers in Red Orc Outpost

• 1 year later...

Hello. I'm new here, & I'd like to report this crash bug again. First of all, I'm sorry to post on an old topic, because actually this bug is somehow active again after the latest update. Before the update, I leveled up some of my characters there & no crash happened even until I cleared all quests on the quest board. But recently when I made a new character & tried to do some quests on the quest board again, the game crashed just like on the screenshot . The crash happened only after the quest was completed like that. I wonder if there's a bug on the "quest completion animation", because the game froze just when the animation on the completed quest started to show up.

01.png

9 hours ago, Orange said:

Hi, we are aware of this bug and it is in the patch notes, you can see it here: 

I see. So the fishing spot mentioned on the patch notes was the one in Moon Blind Swamp. I thought it was in Alker Farm, as I never thought that it's possible to fish outside until yesterday I saw lots of people hanging around there when i was leveling up.

Btw, recently I noticed that this bug still happens even after changing channels, & can also be triggered during picking a quest on a quest board. I got another crash when I started a new quest. At first I thought that the fishing people might be related to the crash so I changed channel, but I still crashed too, like on this screenshot. I hope that this could be fixed soon. Probably I'll try to level up somewhere else for awhile until the technical team finishes fixing this bug.

01.png

• Administrator
5 hours ago, kusochan said:

I see. So the fishing spot mentioned on the patch notes was the one in Moon Blind Swamp. I thought it was in Alker Farm, as I never thought that it's possible to fish outside until yesterday I saw lots of people hanging around there when i was leveling up.

Btw, recently I noticed that this bug still happens even after changing channels, & can also be triggered during picking a quest on a quest board. I got another crash when I started a new quest. At first I thought that the fishing people might be related to the crash so I changed channel, but I still crashed too, like on this screenshot. I hope that this could be fixed soon. Probably I'll try to level up somewhere else for awhile until the technical team finishes fixing this bug.

You don't need these quests to level up, quest EXP is not affected by EXP rates, you also don't need these quests to change jobs, job change is instant!

6 hours ago, Orange said:

You don't need these quests to level up, quest EXP is not affected by EXP rates, you also don't need these quests to change jobs, job change is instant!

I didn't do any job change quests, because I simply just tried to clear the quests on quest board to open the higher levels of quests. Btw, it looks like the crash also happens on other fishing spots in monster maps. I tried Red Orc Outpost, & I also crashed when leveling up hunting harpies & Queen Harpy. I finally noticed that the area around Queen Harpy was also a fishing spot.

• Administrator
16 hours ago, kusochan said:

I didn't do any job change quests, because I simply just tried to clear the quests on quest board to open the higher levels of quests. Btw, it looks like the crash also happens on other fishing spots in monster maps. I tried Red Orc Outpost, & I also crashed when leveling up hunting harpies & Queen Harpy. I finally noticed that the area around Queen Harpy was also a fishing spot.

Yes the crash is being near a fishing spot when you level up or complete quests in any map