Some Quality of Life Suggestions

Nyarlathothep

Hi I just want to suggest some minor quality of life suggestions I thought of while playing the game:

1. Merge the NPC nostrum/potion (from Alice) into categories to lessen inventory space usage. I know this can be asking for too much because these potions are added to the game already with the intention to help everyone get started with leveling and make game easier. But I think it would be better if say for example, we can fuse the matk and patk potion into just one potion, pdef and mdef and others with similar effect into 1 potion also so we just have around 3-4 types potions (damage, defense, speed, sustainability) that does the same thing as the existing 8 because, who doesn't use all of them at the same time anyway. There are very very few niche applications where you need pdef but not mdef, or where you need only mp regen and not HP regen in both PVP and PVE situations.

2. Splitting stacked items (alt + drag into empty inventory slot). Make the item count you're splitting into new inventory slot default to 1 instead of 0, trust me it makes life so much easier for people that want to reserve inventory slots for looting specific items just by having 1 less key to press when doing this. And if you want to split the count to more than 1, just type any number to overwrite the default 1.

3. Buying 1pc from stacked item from vendors in NH. almost same as suggestion number 2, it already defaults to 1 but it would be better if typing any number overwrites the default 1 so if you want to buy 2pcs, you don't make the mistake of buying 12 because you thought the default is 0 like it is in crafting and splitting stacked items. I've made this mistake a few times too many now when I'm thinking about some other things and not focused when playing, sometimes there's just things going on in life that distracts you.

4. Make clickbox bigger for tiny monsters like salamader, hornet, mosquito, blackhorn hatchling, they're really difficult to click when my character is moving, not sure if I'm the only one with this issue.

5. Add Fairy's Shining Dew in Alice Shop, not sure why this isn't available too. Maybe because the abrasive is also needed for weapons not just heavy armor so it might be punishing for players to craft it from scratch while the thread one is for crafting lv 50 wings to help newbies. But light armor is probably the most used crafted armor in the game (Gardener having bad stats now compared to crafted) with both mages and rogues using it, so I think it's the right time to adopt this change also.

6. Make crafting Seabraced Cloth only cost 3pcs of Timeworn Cloth. I know it's been discussed in Discord already that Robes are set up so that cloth materials drops more frequently all throughout the game and having it cost more materials to craft is to even things out but here's my observations. Farming in NH when I'm not level gap gives me the same amount of Timeworn Cloth as Stonehide Scrap and Cobalt Ore so I don't know how the "cloths drop more" mechanic applies here. Now when I'm gap, the cloths do drop more but seriously, who farms when they're level gap and it's not like it drops 66% more than the others to justify costing 5pcs to craft. Another observation is in NH, all monsters drop all three materials while in Garden and Graveyard there are only one specific monster that drops each kind material so again, where is the "cloths drop more" mechanic. It just seems to me that crafting robes is unnecessarily punishing for something that people rarely use, In my opinion it should be the opposite. I recommend at least equalizing it to make it more fair, make it 3pcs requirement or keep 5pcs crafting but make success rate at 100% or increase Timeworn cloth drop count per monster.

So that's all for now and I apologize for my tone on some of my arguments, I don't mean to offend anyone and I appreciate the game masters for always giving all eyes and ears to our suggestions ^^

EDIT: I corrected my typo on suggestion 2, it must be ALT + drag not SHIFT + drag

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kemur Duh Lemur said:

I really agree with the split amount, and increased hitbox for those tiny mobs. So many times I've died to them simply because I can't click them xD

That moment in great garden where you're panicking to click the monster while you die of bleeding and sometimes your pet is also blocking the freaking thing loool maybe pets in contrary should have smaller clickbox especially those that walk, I don't get this problem as often with flying pets.  Pretty sure people don't click their own or other people's pets often anyways.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:14 PM, Nyarlathothep said:

Hi I just want to suggest some minor quality of life suggestions I thought of while playing the game:

1. Merge the NPC nostrum/potion (from Alice) into categories to lessen inventory space usage. I know this can be asking for too much because these potions are added to the game already with the intention to help everyone get started with leveling and make game easier. But I think it would be better if say for example, we can fuse the matk and patk potion into just one potion, pdef and mdef and others with similar effect into 1 potion also so we just have around 3-4 types potions (damage, defense, speed, sustainability) that does the same thing as the existing 8 because, who doesn't use all of them at the same time anyway. There are very very few niche applications where you need pdef but not mdef, or where you need only mp regen and not HP regen in both PVP and PVE situations.

2. Splitting stacked items (shift + drag into empty inventory slot). Make the item count you're splitting into new inventory slot default to 1 instead of 0, trust me it makes life so much easier for people that want to reserve inventory slots for looting specific items just by having 1 less key to press when doing this. And if you want to split the count to more than 1, just type any number to overwrite the default 1.

3. Buying 1pc from stacked item from vendors in NH. almost same as suggestion number 2, it already defaults to 1 but it would be better if typing any number overwrites the default 1 so if you want to buy 2pcs, you don't make the mistake of buying 12 because you thought the default is 0 like it is in crafting and splitting stacked items. I've made this mistake a few times too many now when I'm thinking about some other things and not focused when playing, sometimes there's just things going on in life that distracts you.

4. Make clickbox bigger for tiny monsters like salamader, hornet, mosquito, blackhorn hatchling, they're really difficult to click when my character is moving, not sure if I'm the only one with this issue.

5. Add Fairy's Shining Dew in Alice Shop, not sure why this isn't available too. Maybe because the abrasive is also needed for weapons not just heavy armor so it might be punishing for players to craft it from scratch while the thread one is for crafting lv 50 wings to help newbies. But light armor is probably the most used crafted armor in the game (Gardener having bad stats now compared to crafted) with both mages and rogues using it, so I think it's the right time to adopt this change also.

6. Make crafting Seabraced Cloth only cost 3pcs of Timeworn Cloth. I know it's been discussed in Discord already that Robes are set up so that cloth materials drops more frequently all throughout the game and having it cost more materials to craft is to even things out but here's my observations. Farming in NH when I'm not level gap gives me the same amount of Timeworn Cloth as Stonehide Scrap and Cobalt Ore so I don't know how the "cloths drop more" mechanic applies here. Now when I'm gap, the cloths do drop more but seriously, who farms when they're level gap and it's not like it drops 66% more than the others to justify costing 5pcs to craft. Another observation is in NH, all monsters drop all three materials while in Garden and Graveyard there are only one specific monster that drops each kind material so again, where is the "cloths drop more" mechanic. It just seems to me that crafting robes is unnecessarily punishing for something that people rarely use, In my opinion it should be the opposite. I recommend at least equalizing it to make it more fair, make it 3pcs requirement or keep 5pcs crafting but make success rate at 100% or increase Timeworn cloth drop count per monster.

So that's all for now and I apologize for my tone on some of my arguments, I don't mean to offend anyone and I appreciate the game masters for always giving all eyes and ears to our suggestions ^^

for point number 2... you mean divide item's numbers?
I remember that actually we can press ALT+ CLick Drag the item (that has total numbers on it) to the empty slot.
example: Ruby 100, we can press ALT+Click it and Drag it to the empty slot and input the numbers that we want to divide like 99 
and the Ruby will be divided into 1 Ruby and 99 Ruby...
(I didn't recognize your suggestion because you said it as "Split amount with Shift+Click Drag", sorry and I hope this info help you guys,
I am actually already create "Guide For Newbe" long time ago along with the feature Divide Item's Numbers, but it's seems the Guide is gone?) T_T

1 hour ago, Antoni77 said:

for point number 2... you mean divide item's numbers?
I remember that actually we can press ALT+ CLick Drag the item (that has total numbers on it) to the empty slot.
example: Ruby 100, we can press ALT+Click it and Drag it to the empty slot and input the numbers that we want to divide like 99 
and the Ruby will be divided into 1 Ruby and 99 Ruby...
(I didn't recognize your suggestion because you said it as "Split amount with Shift+Click Drag", sorry and I hope this info help you guys,
I am actually already create "Guide For Newbe" long time ago along with the feature Divide Item's Numbers, but it's seems the Guide is gone?) T_T

I'm talking about this specific feature my brother. See, when you drag an item while holding shift, you can divide it right? say you have 100 rubies and you want to split it to 99 and 1, you drag while holding shift, type 1 then press OK. My suggestion is for the amount to default to 1 so you don't have to press 1 in your keyboard every time you want to divide items. So if you want 20 slots with just 1 ruby, you just drag while holding shift everytime because the default amount is 1. But if you want like 20slots with 4 rubies, that's when you type 4 then press okay then repeat process, it's more of an improvement kind of suggestion