Serene's Obscene GM (Grand Master) Guide

Serene

just get a clean kynee for stealth purpose if u are using tarintus set, put kynee, stealth, and t.helm at the quick slot so u can switching between kynee and t.helm easily. robe expertise of course xD er...if u use tarintus set, I recommended to use "Artifact: Secret Ancient Formula Glove" and lvl 115 Shoes (robe) with 28++int craft, light armor expertise is only if u use gardener or other light armor set :) goodluck~

ah~ i see...just hope i dun messed up this one like i did on my previous other chars xD

thx =D

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Could someone cite the differences of taking this path rather than going

priest inq?

other than the shrewd spell though....?

if i take priest inq.. will it still be the same powerful GM?

Thank you very much!

IMO, if u take priest inq, it will makes u need someone to cast buffs on u,

well priest-inq gives more crit rate and other disabling-sleep skills, its more likely an offensive class.

while monk-bishop makes u a usefull healer + suportive attack at guild wars, why?

because bishop class have lvl 16++ heal, which means, less cooldown and more power.

Priest's Healing skills

Fast heal, at lvl 15 gives 1 sec cast time and 1,4 sec cooldown time with 567 power

Great Heal, at lvl 15 gives 2,4 sec cast time and 7,8 sec cooldown time with 1699 power

Group Heal, at lvl 15 gives 2,8 sec cast time and 4,2 sec cooldown time with 492 power

while

Bishop's have

Fast heal, at lvl 16 gives 0.8 sec cast time and 0.9 sec cooldown time with 685 power (879 power @ lvl 20)

Great Heal, at lvl 16 gives 1,4 cast time and 6 sec cooldown time with 2023 power (3684 power @ lvl 20)

Group Heal, at lvl 16 gives 1,6 sec cast time and 2,2 sec cooldown time with 601 power (710 power @ lvl 20)

you can see they have big difference :o

oh 1 more thing..

Cardinal, the Healing class, doest have a big matk as Grandmaster have.

GrandMasters can become a powerful healer if they max Healing skills since their awesome magic arent really useful at guild wars due to slow cast time, and they only have high lvl fast casting solo target spell (which drain your SP ALOT)

I've tried this x.x

My Grandmaster with full vit status have 20k +matk

and my Cardinal with full int status have almost same matk :o

with same gears puts on.

my Grandmaster's Group heal (lvl 16) heals around 2,5k HP

and my Cardinal's Group heal (lvl 25 x.x) heals at almost same amount of what my GM did x.x

• 1 year later...

Amazing guide  :D I am following it right now and almost level 105  :lol:  

But um, I have a question... doesn't learning Staff Training means that I have to use a staff? .-. because you said you can use Athena and I am lost now  :huh: 

Amazing guide  :D I am following it right now and almost level 105  :lol:  

But um, I have a question... doesn't learning Staff Training means that I have to use a staff? .-. because you said you can use Athena and I am lost now  :huh: 

basically if you're going to use athena, you don't need to learn staff training...

but if you will use medusa, you can learn it

One thing I don understand why sometime I see mage using mace other than Athena even though we don have any mace related skill?  :mellow:

because it has good effects just like for wands , and its cheaper compared to medusa's price :)

One thing I don understand why sometime I see mage using mace other than Athena even though we don have any mace related skill?  :mellow:

other than athena, are they vit type mages? maybe they just aim for the vit status on it

because it has good effects just like for wands , and its cheaper compared to medusa's price :)

Well Athena is cheaper but then staff training don work with mace. X_X

other than athena, are they vit type mages? maybe they just aim for the vit status on it

I don know if they are vit mage but their mace are just normal mace from Nera Harbor. They juz +7 and philo vit with it. And when I ask them why using mace they said mace give more Vit. Well if only depend on the philo vit then sword axe also work the same if they got same vit philo right? ==

there is a mace from Nera Harbor with 20 vit (green status on it) called Giant Saint Tear,

maybe they just cant find a high vit level 115 1-handed weapon with high vit status

and they dont need matk because they don't do magic attack, they do DoT attacks (damage over time) which deals fixed damage depends on the skill level and not matk

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

i have a question i chose cleric instead of wizard by mistake will that have a bad impact upon my build?

No it won't. It will just change what skills you have as you level to 105.

• 2 months later...

I'd take fast heal, it's quick and has a low cool down. 

I assume your Grand Master is Human, so try to check if you are using Lash/Lace, it drains your mana points every second, if you are, turn it off.

Usually, potions are, but I would use Bloodstream to save gold.

thanks for response.

do you think lvl1 fast heal is enough?

i'm not using lash, and again lvl 1 bloodstream is it enough as well?

my mana is draining easily... im currently lvl 75 haha or should i stick to potions for now?

yes i choose human

thanks for response.

yes i choose human

I don't think the fast heal is enough because at guild wars you actually have to heal up other teammates & it will pretty much wastes your mana (unless you only want to level up everyday),

and the bloodstream at lv 1 is up to your preference whether you want to use mp pot or bloodstream as your mana source,

I believe upgrading Bloodstream to the next level will be worth it because the cooldown takes pretty long.

• Upvote 1

thanks for response.

my mana is draining easily... im currently lvl 75 haha or should i stick to potions for now?

yes i choose human

I don't think the fast heal is enough because at guild wars you actually have to heal up other teammates & it will pretty much wastes your mana (unless you only want to level up everyday),

and the bloodstream at lv 1 is up to your preference whether you want to use mp pot or bloodstream as your mana source,

I believe upgrading Bloodstream to the next level will be worth it because the cooldown takes pretty long.

Depends.

Fast Heal is a nice tool to have equipped in your arsenal. Level one is more than enough to suffice since you will have SP saved for other skills and still gain the heal, even if it's not as great as compared as Great Heal. In PvE, Fast Heal should be good enough to hold yourself at lower levels. In higher levels, it's more of a panic spam skill as you use HP potions to recover all your HP and wait for Holy Barrier. In PvP it might not be as useful since most people can out damage it, especially in a guild war. However, it's still good to recover people who've only lost a little bit of HP and don't need a major pick-me-up. It's just an overall good tool for panic situations that require a quick escape in PvE and sometimes PvP.

I've never really used blood stream before, except for once, since I usually buy mana potions more than health ones. I'd assume that you'd want to keep this at level one since you'll be able to save SP. I doubt many people will roll this skill lots when they are in later levels since they should be able to afford loads of mana potions by the time they reach the triple digits. Until then I would say just use it at level one and buy a few of the cheaper mana potions to use while it's on the cooldown.

Sorry. I ramble a lot. A lot of this is my personal opinion and you can do whatever you want. I also am probably wrong on a lot of points, seeing as I haven't gotten to play much.

• 10 months later...
On 8/20/2016 at 0:19 AM, Elafris said:

is this the most powerful job in celestia luna?

in raw of M.A ? yes because : only warlock and GM has access to staff training & boost spell ( inquirer's counterpart of witchcraft & concentration respectively ) . along with necromancer , GM has lv 8 int , lv 8 wizardry and lv 20 spell craft . but necromance lacked staff training ( even if they do , they cannot match GM's where they can go up to lv 20 ) . on top of that , they has lv 5 boost spell which act like your " ace " card

the flaw is that GM's is a " Glass cannon " , meaning they has massive offensive capabilities but they're weaker . another weakness is their cast speed , requiring much of mana ( due to many high level potential skills ) and require of fast heal , so a human's class and healer class can cover up their weakness ( in monk/inquirer , it allows you to wear light armor while priest/bishop gives you good healing capabilities and at same time , shave off GM's weakness of slow casting speed ) . but even then these traditional weakness is covered , still it doesn't cover up SPs for lv 30 skills ( each one lv 30 totalling 465 SP )

On 8/21/2016 at 0:19 AM, Sky_Light12 said:

in raw of M.A ? yes because : only warlock and GM has access to staff training & boost spell ( inquirer's counterpart of witchcraft & concentration respectively ) . along with necromancer , GM has lv 8 int , lv 8 wizardry and lv 20 spell craft . but necromance lacked staff training ( even if they do , they cannot match GM's where they can go up to lv 20 ) . on top of that , they has lv 5 boost spell which act like your " ace " card

the flaw is that GM's is a " Glass cannon " , meaning they has massive offensive capabilities but they're weaker . another weakness is their cast speed , requiring much of mana ( due to many high level potential skills ) and require of fast heal , so a human's class and healer class can cover up their weakness ( in monk/inquirer , it allows you to wear light armor while priest/bishop gives you good healing capabilities and at same time , shave off GM's weakness of slow casting speed ) . but even then these traditional weakness is covered , still it doesn't cover up SPs for lv 30 skills ( each one lv 30 totalling 465 SP )

so in the end? if it can't cover up sps needs? what's the conclusion?

• Jonah unpinned this topic