CL cant start in some other PC

gracejoy

Question

why my Celestia luna patcher sometimes dont work...

when i double click it..

the start button appears.. but when i click the start button...

nothing happens..

even if i do it again..

does it have a connection between adobe media player something like that?

14 answers to this question

even if its over 20mins?..

in other computer it works right after i install it..

click the patcher and click the start.. tadaan.. small window mode of CL appears with the flying ships..

in other computer it is install the same way..

and when i click the patcher.. start button apears and click it nothing happens..

I wouldn't say to remove it, keep your anti-virus installed, after all, It's really important to have one.

What anti-virus are you using?

Usually, you can add a "threat" (Celestia luna being a false positive... ) to an exceptions' list.

I know you have one.

@

Fatalquebec

yes.. its a really nice pc.. the internet connection is fast too..

actually its not my pc.. its my friend's pc.. she wanted to play CL too..

@

Akcent

i forgot the virus scanner.. i think its norton or maybe avg.. its detecting the intsaller as virus.. its like its saying that the installer has some virus or its the virus.. i forgot the description..

im not sure if its detecting the patcher as virus too..

im been keeping that installer in my flash drive for months i think.. i though it was outdated.. i tried installing it in my fathers laptop and it works..

@

Fatalquebec

yes.. its a really nice pc.. the internet connection is fast too..

actually its not my pc.. its my friend's pc.. she wanted to play CL too..

@

Akcent

i forgot the virus scanner.. i think its norton or maybe avg.. its detecting the intsaller as virus.. its like its saying that the installer has some virus or its the virus.. i forgot the description..

im not sure if its detecting the patcher as virus too..

im been keeping that installer in my flash drive for months i think.. i though it was outdated.. i tried installing it in my fathers laptop and it works..

1. most anti-virus softwares detect Luna Patcher a file that infected with virus (while in fact its not). then, assuming your flash drive never plugged into a non-safe computers, the Luna installation file is safe. IF you're not sure, i suggest you re-download the file from Celestia Website.

2. while detected as a file contained a virus, your anti-virus might have deleted some files while installation commencing. so check your installation file with the one you had in other computer.

3. try copying your installed Luna Folder (which is yours, Grace) to your friend's new pc. it may work that way too. then run it.

4. When you have Operating System like Vista or W7, it's likely your game will have difficulties to start. i dont say it cant, but i witness result may vary on different pcs or laptops. i dont know the reason, but some friends with W7 installed experienced lot of problems, while i kept XP as OS -> fine since a year ago.

;)

edit: owh, i before i forgot, Akcent is right. before installing or copy-pasting your Luna Folder, try to deactivate your anti-virus first. then after a try, put it to exception list, then re-activate your anti-virus.

@

Garee

i dont know how to have ****add a "threat" (Celestia luna being a false positive... ) to an exceptions' list****

#2 i think that is what happen.. i didnt check the folder..

#3 ill try that.. i didnt know copy/paste on luna folder works..

ill also try to deactivate the anti-virus while installing.. that is if copy / paste dont work..

thanks for the idea ^^

were all using windows XP ^_^