SM and magnus

MrMonsterMan

Question

I was wondering if some one could answer my some what simple question. Why do people pick SM over magnus? The only reason i hear is "its simple higher lvl dual wield experience. Who says i plan on making it to 132 or 123 what ever lvl it is.With magnus def faster casting time they dominate in PvP and guild wars.For grinding can they can swich to 1h and asias anif and tank or stay duel and high dame."What if a wookie or somthing comes with high damage" its simple (to me anyways) use the hb they get "but it doesnt last long' yet you can almost spam it. So why do most people pick SM over magnus dual wielding wise?

Dual wield wise sm is better than magnus; because there is actually a high difference between their p.attacks, sm has high level buffs and attack passives and its dual wield expertise is far higher than magnus, plus have dual wield accuracy and dual wield training, means more p.attack and more importantly far more crit rate. Its no good unless your attacks crit, and if u are dual wield magnus you need to reinforce your weapons with lithium instead of orichalcum to get some more rate. If you dont do that, i doubt you can win a single duel against people with high shield block chance.

Thats why people generally play 2h magnuses, dual wield magnuses also have some pro's though. Like higher defence ( not a big deal for pvp and gvg ) and 5 lvl higher blunt shield ( which is useful for duels ). And i cant really say magnus can get more attackspeed than sm. Because sm's lvl 4 berserk is a self buff while magnuses lvl 3 rampage aura is a party buff. So basically sm's attackspeed has potential to surpass magnuses. Magnus also has a self buff from knight job. Adding em altogether sm's chance to hit first > magnuses.

Dual wield wise sm is better than magnus; because there is actually a high difference between their p.attacks, sm has high level buffs and attack passives and its dual wield expertise is far higher than magnus, plus have dual wield accuracy and dual wield training, means more p.attack and more importantly far more crit rate. Its no good unless your attacks crit, and if u are dual wield magnus you need to reinforce your weapons with lithium instead of orichalcum to get some more rate. If you dont do that, i doubt you can win a single duel against people with high shield block chance.

Thats why people generally play 2h magnuses, dual wield magnuses also have some pro's though. Like higher defence ( not a big deal for pvp and gvg ) and 5 lvl higher blunt shield ( which is useful for duels ). And i cant really say magnus can get more attackspeed than sm. Because sm's lvl 4 berserk is a self buff while magnuses lvl 3 rampage aura is a party buff. So basically sm's attackspeed has potential to surpass magnuses. Magnus also has a self buff from knight job. Adding em altogether sm's chance to hit first > magnuses.

but sir berserker dont work on skill, so ur attack speed dont increase

17,41 + 56 ( sword rapidity + berserk ) = 73,41 attackspeed bonus total for swordmaster

23,28 + 35 + 5 ( sword rapidity + berserk + weapon synchro ) = 63,28 attackspeed bonus total for magnus

Didnt counted rampage aura, since its a party buff. If we count that, gap between their speeds will be reduced by 6, but swordmaster will still be faster

By the way berserk has a long cooldown, so you cant spam it a lot. So sm has POTENTIAL but magnuses can always get their best attackspeed in any event and spam it freely.

helped a little wasn't very direct to my questions though...what about grinding and even with breasker how will they beat Ri with sword rapidly and higher lvl auras and what if there party buffs. also if you ask me critcal doesnt matter as much unless its grinding but then the hb makes up for it in my opinion in PvP the winner is who gets the first hit with a stun and can keep it that way so why do you need critcal and the p attack isnt that much of a diff is there? and who says i plan to get to the lvl where the expertise is higher

helped a little wasn't very direct to my questions though...what about grinding and even with breasker how will they beat Ri with sword rapidly and higher lvl auras and what if there party buffs. also if you ask me critcal doesnt matter as much unless its grinding but then the hb makes up for it in my opinion in PvP the winner is who gets the first hit with a stun and can keep it that way so why do you need critcal and the p attack isnt that much of a diff is there? and who says i plan to get to the lvl where the expertise is higher

I wrote all that stuff thinking that you aim to reach higher levels. If you dont intend to, of course there may be better paths for a dual wield fighter, never thought about that.

As for grinding, since magnuses have better p.def than swordmaster, yeah we may say they are better at grinding, at least tanking hard maps. And critical matters a lot when you fight rogues who will definetely 1 hit you if you show a little gap, like fail to stunlock etc. and when you fight opponents with high shield block chance because only crit damage passes through shield block.

Invulnerable aura is a useful skills but thats all, not a godly skill at all. Because mobs on harbor, garden and graveyard surely stuns a lot. So if you dont have what it takes to tank those places ( p.def ) dont put all your hopes to aura.

In duels, like you said first stun generally wins, but as i said in this post critical is VERY important trust me. And i already stated that sm has higher attack speed '' potential '' in my recent posts, so this means sm has higher '' potential '' to hit first.

I dont say dual wield magnus is weak or dual wield magnus is inferior to swordmaster. All i said in these recent posts are the known facts only, and i didnt put my personal opinion on them. So the choice is yours from now on.

hmmm SM seams to be nicer to me than magnus now.....and its not that i dont shoot for higher lvls its just i dont plan to get there not beacuse im lazy or anything its beacuse i dont have the time and when i do get on im ussally at the way with friends or GWing in your opion who is better for guild war and if you can or have the time can you list the more important pros and cons and is there a guild that lets me go 1h until SM thats still good

17,41 + 56 ( sword rapidity + berserk ) = 73,41 attackspeed bonus total for swordmaster

23,28 + 35 + 5 ( sword rapidity + berserk + weapon synchro ) = 63,28 attackspeed bonus total for magnus

Didnt counted rampage aura, since its a party buff. If we count that, gap between their speeds will be reduced by 6, but swordmaster will still be faster

By the way berserk has a long cooldown, so you cant spam it a lot. So sm has POTENTIAL but magnuses can always get their best attackspeed in any event and spam it freely.

berserk works on skills? i thougth that was only on normal attack, and because sword rapidly of the SM is low than Magnus if RuneKnight>SM have same lvl of sword rapidly :o?

lol the defenitly makes me wanna go SM but should i use swords and sword rapidly or axes and get more critical

sword, because SM have axe mrotality only lvl 10, i think that sword is better, attack speed its very important to duels xD

magnuz FTW! :ph34r: they got cooler buffs that is very needed for pvp, war and also in farming except for the fighter's heart, magnus has only lvl 2 FH while SM i think has lvl 6. :D

SM have Same Buffs than Magnus but in lvl 2, and magnus lvl3.

The biggest difference its that Magnus have HB with fast cooldown

i think sm dont have barrier, armor snychro, weapon synchro and solid weapon these are pretty useful i think. with these active buff and with the addition of passive buffs it increases the attack speed of magnus compare to sordmaster. which means more attack speed = more chance of hitting first. thus more chance of hitting first = more chance of winning.

pls. correct me if im wrong.

i think sm dont have barrier, armor snychro, weapon synchro and solid weapon these are pretty useful i think. with these active buff and with the addition of passive buffs it increases the attack speed of magnus compare to sordmaster. which means more attack speed = more chance of hitting first. thus more chance of hitting first = more chance of winning.

pls. correct me if im wrong.

u're good sm dont have hb, armor snychro, weapon master and solid weapon, but have fighter heart lvl 6 and warrior form lvl 6, so have high p.atk, and for atk speed, have berserker lvl 4 (+56 atk speed) so magnus not attack faster than SM (SM Full urself buff+berserker and Magnus Full urself buff)

[short time age anyone told me than berserker works on skills :)]

(waduh agan Khriz ngetik apa sicgh?)

that's Indo words, don't bother it...

differences of Swordosu Mastah and Maghnusu (LOL, Japan Tongue?) its on races...

Swords Master its for Human and also ELF which means Magnus its only for ELF...

skill differentials? :

Swords Master:

-Sonic Blast

-Dual Blow (One Handed Weapon only)

-Fearful Massacre (One Handed Dagger only)

-Swords Spins

-Swords Storm

-Sonic Boom

-Spirit Sword

-Spirit Aid

Buffs:

-Fighter Heart lvl6

-Warrior Form lvl6

-Berserker lvl4

Passives:

-Dual Wield Mastery lvl10

-Dual Wield Training lvl5

-Dual Wield Accuracy lvl3

Magnus:

-Spirit Aid

-Spirit Sword

-Sonic Boom

-Sword Storm

-Rune Cry

-Rune Impact

-Sonic Blast

-Dual Blow

-Shield Punch

-Mana Vampires

-Protection Aura

Buffs:

-Fighter Heart lvl2

-Warrior Form lvl2

-Mana Storm lvl4

-Rampage Aura lvl3

-Accuracy Aura lvl3

-Shield Aura lvl3

Passives Skills:

-Dual Wield Mastery lvl5

-Dual Wield Training lvl5

-Sword Accuracy lvl10

-Mana Control lvl10

(sorry guys, my notes about jobs and skills are gone so I only use my memories which still I have... LOL)

so... Swords Master its seems for Hitter and for more damages while Dual Wielding, which Magnus its for Supports and Hybrid Typical for damages...

yeah I like both of Swords Master and also Magnus... :3

u're good sm dont have hb, armor snychro, weapon master and solid weapon, but habe fighter heart lvl 6 and warrior form lvl 6, so have high p.atk, and in atk speed, have berserker lvl 4 (+56 atk speed) so magnus dont faster than SM (SM Full urself buff+berserker and Magnus Full urself buff)

[short time age anyone told me than berserker works on skills :)]

oh. okay, now i know. tnx for the info. :rolleyes:

i think this thread was not for the purpose of telling which one is stronger and which one is weaker, actually i think this thread was made to help players choose between the job of sm and magnus that suits their gameplay.

to help them further, would someone pls post their SS of their char here including Character informations.

it doesnt matter if its low/high lvl, complete/incomplete items.

hahahahaha easy... take a breath... I even didn't blame you and I never want blame anyone...

we help each other here... but when I read your posts, I can't stop my Laughs... (sorry)

hmmm I dont know this is right or not but... Magnus its only have lvl4 Mana Storm if they're not from Rune Knight and its from Swordsmen...

hahahahaha easy... take a breath... I even didn't blame you and I never want blame anyone...

we help each other here... but when I read your posts, I can't stop my Laughs... (sorry)

hmmm I dont know this is right or not but... Magnus its only have lvl4 Mana Storm if they're not from Rune Knight and its from Swordsmen...

if magnus not get RK or Swordman,he cant take Mana Storm xP

did u laughs of my bad english :S?