Selling Char - Prohibited ??

pooh

no one is questioning .. then I do .

Why selling char is prohibited?? in other word, why we don't have own right on our own character?

When I got bored with the char, I should have the RIGHT to do anything with my own char. I think whether I will keep/delete/ even sell the char, it's really up on me.

I do by myself on leveling.. not anybody or even the GM.

I spent my own time and money on my own char. GM and others just provide this game so I can play, then why they have to prohibit any issues on selling char??

Out of any scam issues, it depends on how SMART you are avoiding all those pathetic scammers. Don't use your stupidity and innocence things to believe on anything offer to you in game (you should learn it first before playing).

So actually, what is the point of getting banned of selling char that should be the right of each player for his/her own char?

--I'm just player but I have the right questioning some rules to make it more realistic-- :huh:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Make it more realistic?

We indeed ban account sellers/ buyers/ traders to prevent anyone to get scammed, it's fairly easy to scam people that way.

Knowing how ahem, "naive" some are... it's for them that we enforce this rule, and the rest of the community.

For god sake, this is a private server, leveling is not hard or anything.

Make your own characters instead of buying them.

• Upvote 2

Make it more realistic?

We indeed ban account sellers/ buyers/ traders to prevent anyone to get scammed, it's fairly easy to scam people that way.

Knowing how ahem, "naive" some are... it's for them that we enforce this rule, and the rest of the community.

For god sake, this is a private server, leveling is not hard or anything.

Make your own characters instead of buying them.

It becomes unfairly since someone wants to sell his/her own char (really really their own) but has been banned for it (prohibited)

I think the point actually is selling char for bad purpose (scamming) but how about others who are not?? you can not generalize all people who are selling char are scammers, rite?? but in fact, they got banned for it in order to prevent it (scamming) (it's like judging someone for crime that they are not intending to do).

these "naive" matter then is the base of this rule?? :blink: oh my, they should play Luna CL together with their mommy.

I know this is private game but it won't work for some players who like reaching something instantly. ;)

Actually, you'll find this is a common rule on pretty much every official and private server.

Before I get into telling you why you're wrong, I'd like to point out that I'd have taken this a little more seriously if you weren't recently banned for trying to sell your character.

You see, if you'd taken issue with selling accounts BEFORE getting caught breaking rules you KNEW you would get permanently banned for, then I wouldn't be associating you with all the other cheaters desperately trying to get their accounts back.

But anyway, to get straight to the point. Do you REALLY think you own your character?

You're trying to tell my you own the rights to our database and server space that your character data is currently occupying?

Don't be so naive.

Here's a fun exercise for you in digital rights.

Go buy a copy of Microsoft Windows or Office or Adobe Photoshop and try selling it on eBay. Or sharing it online.

It will get taken offline immediately, your product key banned, and you will possibly get taken to court.

Do you know why? It's because you DON'T own it, and you do NOT have the rights to do what you want with it.

When you create an account here, you're agreeing to follow the rules.

What you're suggesting, is that someone with enough money should be allowed to just buy a high level character.

Do you hate poor people, is that it? You want someone with enough money to have a better character than someone who doesn't?

Because that's what selling characters is. You're letting someone have your character for zero effort, while someone who can't afford it has to grind their way up.

That's pretty unfair and you're a terrible person for suggesting it.

EDIT: Oh and you're lucky you were selling a character on the same account. Otherwise I would have banned alce, cimunz, mariani, namine and pooh as well.

• Upvote 3

Actually, you'll find this is a common rule on pretty much every official and private server.

Before I get into telling you why you're wrong, I'd like to point out that I'd have taken this a little more seriously if you weren't recently banned for trying to sell your character.

You see, if you'd taken issue with selling accounts BEFORE getting caught breaking rules you KNEW you would get permanently banned for, then I wouldn't be associating you with all the other cheaters desperately trying to get their accounts back.

But anyway, to get straight to the point. Do you REALLY think you own your character?

You're trying to tell my you own the rights to our database and server space that your character data is currently occupying?

Don't be so naive.

Here's a fun exercise for you in digital rights.

Go buy a copy of Microsoft Windows or Office or Adobe Photoshop and try selling it on eBay. Or sharing it online.

It will get taken offline immediately, your product key banned, and you will possibly get taken to court.

Do you know why? It's because you DON'T own it, and you do NOT have the rights to do what you want with it.

When you create an account here, you're agreeing to follow the rules.

What you're suggesting, is that someone with enough money should be allowed to just buy a high level character.

Do you hate poor people, is that it? You want someone with enough money to have a better character than someone who doesn't?

Because that's what selling characters is. You're letting someone have your character for zero effort, while someone who can't afford it has to grind their way up.

That's pretty unfair and you're a terrible person for suggesting it.

EDIT: Oh and you're lucky you were selling a character on the same account. Otherwise I would have banned alce, cimunz, mariani, namine and pooh as well.

first, I am just wondering/questioning as what I said before at the very beginning of my post. Never cross in my mind to make any commotion about this issues. this is forum where are open to any discussion as long still related to the game. and I come to this discussion about this rule. why you should take it a little more seriously?? If there is something you are so much worried about and going to happen, you can directly lock it down. Just take it slow.

At this point, I just want to open discussion.

I don't even think/try to own your database or any stuff like that, this is about the char personally. everyone has been working so hard on their char (even you on your database and server) so in my opinion, still the char is up on anyone who has it as long they do not use it for any bad purpose.

For my fun exercise, why they do so?? it is because they are copying and will effect to their profit (one of many reasons) since only them who have the right to produce it (the copyright)

are you going to relate this illustration to what we are talking about? selling char is despoiling your right?? or (if) is this related to your database or sever ?? it will broke? (if) it is so then I'am sorry because I do not know (if) the impacts would be that big. -_-

that's not my suggestion and I never say it that way (why you are always getting on the other way of what I'm thinking of) :huh:

if you are still saying that way then you should see the fact. Related to money(you are the one mentioned it clearly), players are trying to get the best item or even char and see?? how do you get it?? they sell and you buy it. with such high price in gold, where do you think they get much gold from? you are not thinking all of it coming from what they do in game?? esp. those who like getting smth instantly.

oh my, just wanna say thank you for replaying my topic.

one more, I think you are the best moderator ever. You are taking too much on revealing anything (what is it for ?? mentioning some my IDs and other things :blink: for god sake, you are doing really good as moderator). But I do not care, no offense. Since you have the database, just do whatever you like mentioning unnecessary things.

case closed (tiring)

• Upvote 1