IP ban all those spam hackers

iPicel

Why IP ban them?

1. To let them know you mean business.

2. It violates your rules.

3. It annoys players.

4. Attracts other players to use hack/cheat.

5.They are retards that will keep on doing the same thing over and over again. By making new accounts again and again. Endless annoyance. Waste of energy banning accounts.

• Upvote 3

Maybe ip banning them would mean cutting the playerbase substantially. There's definitely a reason the GM's haven't done this already. I think the problem is that they are just persistent. They can just change ip and come back lol. I don't think that there is a lot of them, just a few that make a ton of chars XD; Would be nice if the GMs made it clear why they don't ip ban or if they did and it doesn't work.

If you worry about the decrease of players then that's not a big of a problem. Who needs players who use hack. As if these players donate or do any help in the server.

And as you have said there are only a few of them then why worry on such small numbers.

the probelm is that so many players chare ips, even if theyre not the same person, mass ip banning would mean many innocent players getting caught in the crossfire

yeah... means about Warnet (cybernet cafe)...

the probelm is that so many players chare ips, even if theyre not the same person, mass ip banning would mean many innocent players getting caught in the crossfire

Well if that what the staff perceive then I don't have the say about it.

But I just want to point out that if some people in the cyber cafe can use hack/cheat then don't you think that the cyber cafe itself provides those 3rd party programs. Why? First of all, in my experience, cyber cafe's don't allow customers to install other programs besides what has already been installed in a particular unit (PC). Second if they do allow it, it must be something that is not related to hacking/cheating. Then if my first and second assumption is not true then the cyber cafe must be the one providing this hack tools.

Or maybe... I am just pissed off.

That's the thing about the cheaters/hackers, they don't have to install extra programs in most cases.

The spammers are different again and almost impossible to track, they use the accounts they've stolen to spam and use either internet cafes or proxies to change their IP.

Until new security measures are put in place, all we can do is run around playing clean up.

If idiots didn't believe their scams it wouldn't even be a problem.

That's the thing about the cheaters/hackers, they don't have to install extra programs in most cases.

The spammers are different again and almost impossible to track, they use the accounts they've stolen to spam and use either internet cafes or proxies to change their IP.

Until new security measures are put in place, all we can do is run around playing clean up.

If idiots didn't believe their scams it wouldn't even be a problem.

I guess I don't know this part. Thanks for making it clear.