Respectful Discussion.

Akaiya Akeboshi

Question

Hello Celestia Staff and players,

I have a question for you all . Recently a friend of mine was banned for PK bugging, as he gained levels and was reported. Why is this illegal? Also, why is it something that a player can report others for? There are several issues with this reporting process as well as the actual rule that I feel should be addressed.

First, Celestia Luna is a private server that is well known for its reputation and features. One of these features is multiplied experience. I fully understand that PK bugging is considered a glitch, but it does not harm game play, competitive or otherwise. Gaining levels quickly, (something that could also be achieved via experience scrolls and solo date dungeoning), does not pose an 'unfair advantage' in a battle. If that were the case, then solo date dungeoning and multiple experience scrolls should also be illegal because they give players an 'unfair advantage'.

Second, the way this 'issue' is reported is not being looked at from an view of oversight. What's to stop a player from entering PK mode, running up to a group of players, attacking them and provoking a fight, then preforming the glitch and getting a person banned because they 'gained levels'? With the current reporting process, all it requires is a picture of the act of leveling up after killing the PK'er. This is very prone to abuse, and I feel it should be looked at again before actions are taken against those involved.

Finally, why is it that instead of fixing this glitch that supposedly gives players an 'unfair advantage', the staff is sent out to ban those who utilize it? Is it really more beneficial to ban players, and possible financial contributors, than to fix this glitch which anyone can preform? And do so without warning? (The rule was just barely put into effect, and majority of this games players don't stop by the forum often enough to be aware of rule updates like this. Hacking items, harassing, and stealing are easily understandable as they directly effect other players.)

If anything PK bugging is laziness or a way for players to progress without spending days training. ( Be aware that everyone who plays this game does not have loads of free time and/or money to use for progression. )

I can hardly expect the rules to change, or for a revoking of bans associated with this issue, but I do ask that the staff take a look at the reporting process and be fully aware of possible abuse that can take place with the system that is currently in effect.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 2

So do the pk buggers that reached lvl 150, leveled their pk char to lvl 150 in normal and fair way then let the other character which violated the pk bug rule killed it over and over again?

Yup,if you see it from another point of view,these people actually worked hard to get their first 150,but didn't felt like doing the same for their other chars

One way or another,those "pk buggers" DID work for at least one of their char

UNLESS they're sharing their exp with their friends,then those friends are pk bugging unfairly

I didn't want to bring this up because other people might do it, but the main abusers of the PK bug are multi-voters.

This is a big part of why it is illegal to PK bug.

When we say something is illegal it is for a reason. Sometimes you might not understand the reason but it is usually a good reason.

Celestia Luna is the number one server, yet no one seems to think we know what we are doing.

We know what we are doing.

PK bugging is illegal, and all accounts will be banned until this issue can be resolved by the dev team.

This is the final word on the matter.