Paladin And Magnus

ziet465

Question

5 answers to this question

Your question "which is better" will be hard to answer since u did not give specific criteria for us to base.

So I will just give my general idea about those 3 jobs u mentioned (its up to you to decide which is better based on your play style):

1. 1H paladin

Of the 3 jobs u mentioned this would probably be the tankiest of all.

Having a very high Pdef and block rate your char will be very hard to kill (especially for those low crit characters)

But of all the 3 jobs u mentioned this will have the lowest PA output.

Not to mention a lower max level of dual strike = lower poison damage/sec.

But to cope all of this, this job has the highest lvl of blunt shield that could stun lock ur opponent till death.

Spamming blunt shield as your only stun source (and i mean blunt shield only) will not cause a stun bug.

***Stun bug = stunned opponents that can move/attack (happens when u use 2 skill with stun chance and Proc simultaneously. example: use blunt shield (stun got in) then u use RI (stun got in also) u will see your opponent with stars on his head but can attack you at the same time).

While if u use Blunt shield ONLY, the stun duration would just reset leading to a stun lock.

Personal Opinion: Great defensive char but more of a 1on1 type when it comes to battle(PvP).

2. 2H Magnus

Probably the highest damage output of all 3, but also the most squishy.

Having no shield = no block rate / lower defense.

But this could be overlooked due to the higher PA u got.

Best if you are an offensive type player (either kill or be killed).

With BC and RI u could probably kill other decent (but not imba) chars.

Personal Opinion: If u like to kill fast then this is for you. With good setup your char could reach 20k+ HP / 9K PA / 5k Pdef which is a pretty good balanced numbers (and this is without PD items yet).

3. 1H Magnus

This Job could go with 2 different setups:

Knight - Magnus (offense oriented)

Phalanx - Magnus (def oriented)

You would probably have a more balanced PA/Pdef distribution with the first setup.

But u will lose higher level of shield block and a better defense passives.

But u will also gain Solid weap from knight that will increase ur damage on a pretty decent amount.

While its the opposite for the 2nd path, prioritizing Pdef/Survivability rather than damage. (If u like damage more then i would suggest go 2h and not 1h).

I would also like to mention that magnus have a higher level for dual strike = more poison damage but a lower level of blunt shield = less stun time.

With magnus ur blunt shield will only stun @ 4sec compared to 7sec of paladin (less probability of stun lock, but still great if timed correctly. becoz for pally u dont need to time it at all).

Personal Opinion: Most balance of all 3 jobs, have a better GW efficiency (with barrier and other team buffs compared to Paladin) and a pretty decent damage (decent enough for you to rely on ur other skills rather than just dual strike).

All of this are just my opinion based on actual experience.

Ill leave the rest now to you to decide which of the 3 u like the best.

Good Luck and Have Fun...

• Upvote 1

wow thx 

Your question "which is better" will be hard to answer since u did not give specific criteria for us to base.

So I will just give my general idea about those 3 jobs u mentioned (its up to you to decide which is better based on your play style):

1. 1H paladin

Of the 3 jobs u mentioned this would probably be the tankiest of all.
Having a very high Pdef and block rate your char will be very hard to kill (especially for those low crit characters)
But of all the 3 jobs u mentioned this will have the lowest PA output.
Not to mention a lower max level of dual strike = lower poison damage/sec.
But to cope all of this, this job has the highest lvl of blunt shield that could stun lock ur opponent till death.
Spamming blunt shield as your only stun source (and i mean blunt shield only) will not cause a stun bug.

***Stun bug = stunned opponents that can move/attack (happens when u use 2 skill with stun chance and Proc simultaneously. example: use blunt shield (stun got in) then u use RI (stun got in also) u will see your opponent with stars on his head but can attack you at the same time).

While if u use Blunt shield ONLY, the stun duration would just reset leading to a stun lock.

Personal Opinion: Great defensive char but more of a 1on1 type when it comes to battle(PvP).

2. 2H Magnus

Probably the highest damage output of all 3, but also the most squishy.
Having no shield = no block rate / lower defense.
But this could be overlooked due to the higher PA u got.
Best if you are an offensive type player (either kill or be killed).
With BC and RI u could probably kill other decent (but not imba) chars.

Personal Opinion: If u like to kill fast then this is for you. With good setup your char could reach 20k+ HP / 9K PA / 5k Pdef which is a pretty good balanced numbers (and this is without PD items yet).

3. 1H Magnus

This Job could go with 2 different setups:
Knight - Magnus (offense oriented)
Phalanx - Magnus (def oriented)

You would probably have a more balanced PA/Pdef distribution with the first setup.
But u will lose higher level of shield block and a better defense passives.
But u will also gain Solid weap from knight that will increase ur damage on a pretty decent amount.
While its the opposite for the 2nd path, prioritizing Pdef/Survivability rather than damage. (If u like damage more then i would suggest go 2h and not 1h).

I would also like to mention that magnus have a higher level for dual strike = more poison damage but a lower level of blunt shield = less stun time.
With magnus ur blunt shield will only stun @ 4sec compared to 7sec of paladin (less probability of stun lock, but still great if timed correctly. becoz for pally u dont need to time it at all).

Personal Opinion: Most balance of all 3 jobs, have a better GW efficiency (with barrier and other team buffs compared to Paladin) and a pretty decent damage (decent enough for you to rely on ur other skills rather than just dual strike).

All of this are just my opinion based on actual experience.
Ill leave the rest now to you to decide which of the 3 u like the best.

Good Luck and Have Fun...

wow thx 

Paladin if done right, its flexible enough that you can weasel your way to win most pvp situations.

You get a couple of op tanking skills, which give you a good defense in pvp, and it works great with your RI, which never misses and has high stun chance.

And for tanking and leveling its fairly easy.

Your damage is going to be lower than a magnus, but in the long run your still better.