Are There Any Plans Or Methods For A Better Inventory?

Veteran99

Question

As in, inventory sorting and a smarter way of selling items? Perhaps variable batch selling? So you can simply sell all the items you want at once? If this is not implemented, is there at least a way to make this happen through other means? Perhaps AutoHotkey or something?

On that note, I noticed the hide costume function under options isn't working, is this a known issue?

I also have a few other questions that I have in another thread so I might as well post them here too:

Do I need an enchant protection scroll for level 2 enchant? And does it protect up until 6 or 7?

The max level possible is 150 correct?

Mana Blast, it says in-game this is a target spell but the calc says it's a group effect? Which is true?

12 answers to this question

• Administrator

Batch selling? You can already sell stacked items by stacks, for unstackable items you must press the verification message (and yet many players sell their equipment by accident). For faster selling you can right click instead of dragging.

There is no buy back feature so any easier way to sell items would result in more accidental and irreversible unwanted sells.

Some players have suggested being able to hit enter as "Okay" in the sell verification window. Again, what I mentioned before with the accidental sell.

The hide costume function has been reported and fixed for our next patch.

Is this patch live yet? If not is there a date?

I already right click, and I'm implying being able to sell hordes of items without having to input 2-3 clicks. Essentially, when my inventory is full it takes me far too long to empty and sort it. I think the sell confirmation is a good idea, but it wouldn't be as bothersome if I could first select all the items I want gone, instead of one by one. More precisely said, you can only sell singular slots. As in, selling 1 or more of one slot. Another troublesome task is stacking items, for some reason I have split non-full stacks of items in my inventory taking up space.

For example, say I have a full bag of junk. Instead of right clicking 20 times and hitting "OK", I simply select them all and sell, therefore I only go through one confirmation and it's not as tedious. Wherein 20 right clicks and mouse clicks, maybe more depending on if there are stackable items equates to at least 40 clicks and approximately 30 seconds of time spent selling items, I could select that whole bag or group of items, review and confirm my sell within seconds.

I was wondering if there were any user-side functions that one would be able to use, similar to those implemented in config files or macros. I've never been prone to accidentally sell things that are important, in fact I never thought this was an issue.

• Administrator

I understand what you mean by selecting all what you want to sell and then sell it in one go.

There are many solutions we could try but all of them require changes in the core of the game since those features do not exist.

The patch is not live yet, we are currently working on the game content that it will contain.

• Administrator

I did not say that we would never address this matter, we have to focus on fixing existing features first, once that is done we can think about custom features.

We did not create this game so adding custom features to the game is not as easy as you'd think.

Forgive me if I offended, it was not my intention. I understand that you guys here have taken it upon yourselves to keep this game alive, and I'm appreciative. I understand how hard it is working on something you haven't created.

• Administrator

You didn't offend me, I was just explaining that it's not as easy as one would like, trust me, I've had great ideas just to realize how complicated they would end up being.

• Administrator

A quote from Brandon, the server owner who is also a core dev, I'm only a content dev.

(This is from an older topic)

Clearly you're not familiar with the internals of Luna Online. This game is very poorly written, based on a horrible 2D engine adapted to 3D that dates back to the 90's.

While it may sound simple to fix, the issue is much bigger. This will be resolved as we fix the serious issues with the internals of the game.

This is the primary reason we've not been pushing as much content and features as we would like. It's been an uphill battle fixing the massive internal flaws of the game.

This is also one of the primary reasons all of the official servers shutdown.

• Administrator

Wow that's actually very interesting. It was initially developed in Korea correct?

Yes, the company developed several games over the same initial game, all of which failed and shut down many times.

Aha, I had realized that it was in Luna Plus wherein you could press the Enter key to confirm a sale, although you could not sort your inventory. Overall this made selling faster. And the healing was the same too... My brain is not sorting things right :i.

Anyway, I wanted to know if you've heard of the program AutoHotkey? Or if there was a way to bind Enter on my end to function as the confirmation window?