Is There Any Point In Levelling Up Attract Circle Past Lv1? And...

Veteran99

Question

I'm building a pocket tank for my mage to dd with, would I suffer a significant disadvantage if I went Warrior>Infantryman instead of Guard>Infantryman? The defense gap isn't big but I've known myself to misinterpret this game's stats.

3 answers to this question

• Administrator

Threat is generated based on the damage you make, each level of attract, induce and attract circle increases that number of threat generated, I am not sure of how complex threat is in Luna but normally if you do not keep your threat high enough the DPS will take it off with their damage.

Long ago Seraphyre said that it's not worth leveling your attract circle to level 25 because a level 20 spell will attract off you. She is wrong, threat depends on many things and even a level 10 attract circle might attract off you, and you can taunt back. It's not just the power of the spell, it also depends on the character level and the total threat from all sources, monsters will generate more threat towards the lower level character taunting them. Also a monster's threat towards you will drop if they walk too far from their spawn.

Anyway, all power skills (anything except buffs) should be leveled with you, otherwise you will outlevel them and their power will not be on par.

• Administrator

Keep your main skills maxed as you level up, as much as you can, unless you are following a guide and they advice you to max it to a certain level.

Your skills level with you, if your next job no longer provides level up for a certain skill you will realize that as you level your other skills they will be more powerful than the ones you can't level anymore, sure they are still useful to a point, but not as powerful as up to level spells.

An example:

A Mage goes from Cleric to Sorcerer, your main damage skill as a Cleric was Divine Sword for Cleric it's maxed at Lv10 at your level 36. Then you change to sorcerer and pick up Wind Anchor as well, since Wind Anchor was available to Wizard (the other T2 job) you can level it up to level 10 for cheap.

Lv10 Divine Sword does 183 magical damage, Lv10 Wind Anchor does 157 magical damage and has a 79% chance to apply an attack speed debuff of 40%.

But then you keep leveling Wind Anchor to max Lv15 which then does 257 magical damage and has a higher chance to apply the debuff, so your other main skill is already almost 100 magical power behind, which scaled with your own magical attack can be a lot.