Question on Buffing!

Soigne

Question

Hey ♥~

This probably isn't a big nor a serious issue to ask about, but I'd like to find out anyways. If somebody asked before, I'd love to get the link! I looked in the search bar, but didn't find anything from it.

I am leveling two characters and noticed that you can't overwrite a buff. For example(?)

Player #1 sees that his buffs are starting to wear off, so he casts those buffs and they go back to the full time. Player #1 also notices it happening to Player #2, but when he buffs him, the buff isn't replaced and can't be applied until the buff completely disappears.

I'm just wondering if this is just me or anyone else? 

I hope this isn't the wrong section, either. Extreme apologies if it is.

2 answers to this question

You can't overwrite a buff that has higher level (or stronger) than your buff. For example is:

You have Lv.4 Zephyr (buff), then you see someone with his/her higher level of Zephyr buff disappearing, IF you try to rebuff him/her, the effect of your buff won't apply, because he/she (or the person you want to rebuff) has a higher level of Zephyr. If you want the buff to apply, your buff must be equal or stronger than his/her buff.

Hopefully, I didn't confuse you. Because, I don't know how to say this kind of thing.

@ Puffy - No confusion at all! Thanks for the explanation, though ♥~ It just kind of annoyed me how I couldn't buff over it since I don't have patience, even if it's only a 30 second wait. 

Edit: I guess this means I can request for a lock?!