Farming Rough Diamonds

Nyarlathothep

Hi everyone,

Farming Rough Diamonds has been a hot topic lately because everyone's rushing to get that perfect 40 str or 60vit Holy Iron Chain Armor and I just want to share my experience farming it. I made a new dagger-type Entrapper and tried to loot as much RD in Great Garden while grinding some levels. I started at lvl 105 while my pet is lvl 50 and I farmed there for an hour while my 100% scroll is active, I used the free +50% drop rate potion from the lvl up gift set and used my lvl 4 Extortion (+45% drop rate) whenever available.

1-hour later, I am at lvl 111, my pet is now lvl 97 (I think I forgot to use evo capsule for few minutes before noticing it's already at lvl 80) and I farmed a whopping total of 15pcs of Rough Diamonds, I forgot to keep track of how many monsters I killed but based on my pet's level, I probably killed more than 1600 monsters, all of which has a chance to drop Rough Diamonds. 15pcs is just painfully low in my opinion given how much drop rate I had, and that 15pcs wouldn't turn exactly into 15pcs of Cracked Diamond (based on prior experience you get about 2-4 pcs of C.diamonds per 10pcs of Processed Diamonds). You could say I was a bit lvl gap by the end but to tell you the truth, I looted the least pieces when I am at lvl 105-106, could just be bad luck. At this rate, I don't think even being offered 100b for a clean 40str or 60vit H.armor justifies all the necessary work or cost to gather/buy the materials needed to craft one. And don't forget that in crafting, getting max stat is not guaranteed, you would end up with a lot of imperfect stat armors which most people don't even want to buy. It seems like RDs are not something one could just set out to farm, it's something you hope to loot while doing other things like boosting, grinding, farming other items.

My assessment is, unless you're a tank or an accuracy type fighter, I'd advise against using H.armor especially if you just want an armor that's strong for leveling, if your build only revolves on damage and all you want is a 40str amor, it would be best to settle for a lvl115 crafted heavy armor with 40str (if you don't mind having it 25str rein max), it would be much cheaper to craft and will give you basically the same thing except you'll get less pdef, and less vit.

Have you guys tried farming rough diamonds too? Did you have a different or same experience with me? Please reply on this thread, I want to know if your farming went well ^^. Thanks for reading!

UPDATE:

I did another run for 30 minutes under mostly the same conditions but now I'm at lvl 111-113 and closely monitored my kill count. It went much better than my first run, I looted 11pcs of rough diamonds in 1,570 kills (around 0.7% drop rate), I still don't think farming this is sustainable lol. I'll delevel once my character gets to lvl 115 and write few more updates in my future runs.

• Upvote 2