Luna almost gave me a trojan virus...

sprklshine

Hello! A few minutes ago I just got a popup from my antivirus (Bitdefender) telling me that it had stopped a virus. It said it came from Luna and it was called Trojan.GenericKDV 1208336. Is this normal or should I be worried and uninstall the game?..

this is known as a false positive Celestia Luna is 100% safe but due to the way the program works (connecting to a private server) this is often wrongly picked up as a virus.

Providing you did download it from www.celestialuna.com there is nothing to worry about at all and you would just need to remove the client from your quarantine vault and add it as a exclusion so your anti virus doesn't flag it in the future 

• Upvote 1

this is known as a false positive Celestia Luna is 100% safe but due to the way the program works (connecting to a private server) this is often wrongly picked up as a virus.

Providing you did download it from www.celestialuna.com there is nothing to worry about at all and you would just need to remove the client from your quarantine vault and add it as a exclusion so your anti virus doesn't flag it in the future 

Thank you so much! :)