Which Path Should I Go?

Asra

Question

Hi, I am fairly new to Luna Online in general, I only tried it in the past for a short period of time so I am very newbzilla.

I am stuck on which path I should go for Soul Arbiter. Yes, I've gone through guides and have been steaming up the google search engine researching the two paths, but I just can't seem to decide. I can't find anything to give me the exact numbers for the skill tiers, and that just makes it more difficult. I need advice from someone who has been around this game long enough to experiment.

The two paths I've narrowed myself down to are:

1. Mage > Wizard > Sorcerer > Bishop > Soul Arbiter

2. Mage > Wizard > Priest > Warlock > Soul Arbiter

From what I gather (please note when I say better I mean higher tiers, with the exception of advanced job skills which I mean as skills that you get from later jobs):

Path one gets better advanced job single DD's. Better Defence buffs such as Holy Barrier and Shield. Faster casting speed from two more tiers of Shrewd Spell. Better magic defence decreasing debuffs (Angelic Breath). Also, better heals.

Path two gets two more AOE's I believe & better primary AOE upgrades (THAT METEOR!!!). Gets the skills Boost Spell & Staff Training (not sure how much they boost damage by). Better single primary skills (wind strike, fireball, ice arrow  *which I don't think I will actual use much end game).

I really appreciate any advice I can get to make my decision, so thank you in advance!

6 answers to this question

Well the biggest differences between the two paths are as follows:

Path 1 has: Higher heals, Higher casting speed, more support buffs and thus has more pdef when self buffed. While Warlock has nice stuns and Venom Cloud as well, this path has better survivability.

Path 2 has: more AoE's, making it easier to grind and also has a variety of stun/freeze skills, which can be useful for PvP. But as a result you have lower physical defense than the first mentioned path. not to mention you also get venom cloud, a poison AoE that can be deadly if the target doesn't have Cure Poison in their arsenal.

Path 1: PvP

Path 2: PvE

Both paths will have the same critical rate, so either one is a great choice, but some prefer speed over absolute power. I personally prefer the Bishop path because I like healing in between kills. It just depends on the type of player you are.

Soul Arbiter has Holy Justice, which is the fastest casting skill for Mages, mix it with a little shrewd and you can hit instantly. So as stated earlier, both paths are perfect. It just depends, do you like to stun lock and be crowd control or do you like to support and be able to attack as well?

first one seems good option to me , but slow healing isn't good for grinding . last time i was cleric > sorc > bishop > SA

second one has slower cast speed than first one , which might be not good but compensated by more damage due warlock's AOE + SA's highest critical

your choice , faster cast speed ( opt 1 ) or wider AOE choice ( opt 2 )

already try both path.

And the best for me is the wizard sorcerer bishop soul arbiter. 

With no FAROUK CRYSTALL BALL, the second path just a boring class.

Oh meteor atk from warlock is not so serious. Necromancer better if you want to hit aoe.

SA is a critical class. with just Belt of Wisdom. it become superb.

I spam my divine sword (really i max it, good skill to spam) with the soul spear. (if im not wrong, the lower cooldown atk skill from SA)

Just soul bind (maybe its the name. low cooldown and 10s binding.). your opponent will looks like a chicken if they have no range skill.

already try both path.

And the best for me is the wizard sorcerer bishop soul arbiter. 

With no FAROUK CRYSTALL BALL, the second path just a boring class.

Oh meteor atk from warlock is not so serious. Necromancer better if you want to hit aoe.

SA is a critical class. with just Belt of Wisdom. it become superb.

I spam my divine sword (really i max it, good skill to spam) with the soul spear. (if im not wrong, the lower cooldown atk skill from SA)

Just soul bind (maybe its the name. low cooldown and 10s binding.). your opponent will looks like a chicken if they have no range skill.

full deff or full M.A ?

full deff or full M.A ?

full M.A. of course. 

SA have no DoT skill (from warlock, envenom and burn is not a big deal like Turn Undead)

Just a bit horror solo at graveyard. but its the fun. 

Not so boring class to use :D

P.S. you can solo powerful boss like FITW/austere with 95% chance. and stackable with soul bind lvl max.

Edited by alvian

full M.A. of course. 

SA have no DoT skill (from warlock, envenom and burn is not a big deal like Turn Undead)

Just a bit horror solo at graveyard. but its the fun. 

Not so boring class to use :D

P.S. you can solo powerful boss like FITW/austere with 95% chance. and stackable with soul bind lvl max.

i'd rather go full deff . as most of monsters only has P.A