Please help (Windows XP)

Shadowfable675

Question

Okay, so I downloaded the client. I was all like YESSSS! But then it had to install. Okay, waited. DONE! And then my AVG protection spotted a Trojan Horse.crypt. What??!?! I wanted to play. How do I let AVG know that I want to play it? I know it's a Trajon Horse, but I've been waiting SOOO long to play Luna again after gPotato shut it down. If you can help me fix this I will be very gratefull. BTW I'm using Windows XP.

13 answers to this question

AVG is useless as a anti virus program, and don't worry the Celestia Luna files are 100% clean (if you downloaded it from www.celestialuna.com that is) its just something called a false positive 

Well AVG isn't completely useless, i've been using it for 6 years, although it can mess up sometimes, but nothing is perfect ^_^

And yeah. i downloaded it from the main page (CL Main Page) and mine works fine, got a warning when i initially installed it, but as Biohazard said, it's a false positive.

False positive; In this example, it sees the LUNAClient.exe as a trojan horse or any other type of virus, but it isn't.  Trust me, been here for nearly 2 weeks, and not run into any computer problems :D

• Administrator

Go to your antivirus and find the exceptions list and add lunaclient.exe to it, if it already moved it to quarantine you will have to find your antiviruses quarantine list and restore it back to its place or reainstall.

I use Windows 8 and I had/have the same problem. If you have the up to date version of AVG you can temporarily disable it. To do this you need to:

1.Open AVG

2. On the top right hand corner it says "Option." Click on it. A menu of options should show.

3.Click on "Advanced Settings." 

4. Another Side menu should appear but to the left along with a new window of AVG.

5. Click on Temporarily Disable AVG Protection

6. Then on the main window, another screen should pop up saying "Disable AVG Proection."

7. Click on it, and select until I restart. This should disable it until you restart you computer or shutdown.

Well AVG isn't completely useless, i've been using it for 6 years, although it can mess up sometimes, but nothing is perfect ^_^

And yeah. i downloaded it from the main page (CL Main Page) and mine works fine, got a warning when i initially installed it, but as Biohazard said, it's a false positive.

False positive; In this example, it sees the LUNAClient.exe as a trojan horse or any other type of virus, but it isn't.  Trust me, been here for nearly 2 weeks, and not run into any computer problems :D

All Anti-Viruses nowadays will just make your PC lag and suspect safe files, trust me, we don't need Anti Virus :p

All Anti-Viruses nowadays will just make your PC lag and suspect safe files, trust me, we don't need Anti Virus :P

We wouldn't if people had more common sense, but where i live it's lacking.  It doesn't lag me out, and most of the popups i get are modified site script problems, nothing more ^_^

@Shadowfable675; Let us know if it works :D

Okay, well does it say what file is causing the trojan popup?  Might be able to help you if you elaborate more :)

Threat:   Trojan horse Crypt_c.JBB

Object Name:   c:/Program Files/Celestia Luna Online Alpha/LUNAClient.exe

Hope this helps you figure it out. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, BTW everyone who posted, I am very grateful for telling me this. This will help I just know it. I'm going to try it now and see if it works. I have my fingeres crossed. :lol:

PS. I did download it from the Homepage for who was wondering.