Items For A Tank Magnus.

kaibutsu

Question

14 answers to this question

• Game Master

Could you give us some details please?

What level are you, what gear do you currently use, what type of weapon...?

If you're 105, Holy Chain and Aias. You can probably get Giant's Saint's Tears from killing Wookiss a couple times. Kynee at 106.

If not, go for 7Guardian set, Elephant's Mask of Evil, and a crafted mace.

Change infa to swordsman (phalanx got all the skills u'll get from infa and will give u and easier time leveling using 2h weap).

Also I would suggest not going to a pure def path. (guard>infa>phalanx)

Unless ur planning to be a 1h+shield right from the start.

Good path if ur planning to be a tank magnus is war>sword>phalanx>magnus

Go 2h first for leveling and just change to 1h+shield once magnus if u like (but leveling with 2h is faster IMHO)

no, its not good. ALL ELVEN fighter MUST go to WARRIOR at lvl 20 job for chance to get RISK TAKER or even fighter heart+warrior form.

Even you dont use it, but its a MUST. maybe u will change to offense type in the future. Who knows

• Game Master

Going 2h for leveling before Magnus is actually really hard, especially if you're going Phalanx instead of Knight. Don't know why NiziE suggested that, you get a maximum of 2 mediocre (at best) AoEs.

That path isn't the best since you're missing out on a lot of offensive abilities, and pure paths aren't very good because we have no vocational passives yet, but like rham said, it will be a decent path once they are fixed.

Going 2h for leveling before Magnus is actually really hard, especially if you're going Phalanx instead of Knight. Don't know why NiziE suggested that, you get a maximum of 2 mediocre (at best) AoEs.

That path isn't the best since you're missing out on a lot of offensive abilities, and pure paths aren't very good because we have no vocational passives yet, but like rham said, it will be a decent path once they are fixed.

I think going 2h is still easier than 1h+shield in this regard.

I would still have EQ and S.Storm that is very much enough for a solo DD run. (note: even if you go knight path u'll still have the same max level for EQ and only a +5 on S.Storm)

With regards to buffs and passives: yes you would miss solid weapon, a +5 on axe/mace mastery (estimated damage loss is at 20%; which is BIG) but hey its only DD, monsters aren't that tough and hard to kill. Yes it may be slower but still better than having a party during DD runs on my point of view.

Solo DD leveling is much faster than having a party mate as hitter.

If you are going to level other than DD then it may be another story but i would still prefer 2h overall.

Well it does not really matter now i guess since our topic poster is already at magnus.

• Game Master

I think going 2h is still easier than 1h+shield in this regard.

I would still have EQ and S.Storm that is very much enough for a solo DD run. (note: even if you go knight path u'll still have the same max level for EQ and only a +5 on S.Storm)

With regards to buffs and passives: yes you would miss solid weapon, a +5 on axe/mace mastery (estimated damage loss is at 20%; which is BIG) but hey its only DD, monsters aren't that tough and hard to kill. Yes it may be slower but still better than having a party during DD runs on my point of view.

Solo DD leveling is much faster than having a party mate as hitter.

If you are going to level other than DD then it may be another story but i would still prefer 2h overall.

Well it does not really matter now i guess since our topic poster is already at magnus.

Depends on the path you go. You only get Earthquake if you go Swordman at 40, and many people opt it out for Infantryman. In which case, 1h would be easier. But yeah, purely situational.

BUT, you will miss that RISK TAKER + Fighter heart + Warrior form which are really useful later at magnus.

I suggest going with warrior instead of guard. Its the only chance u have to get that skill.

PS : magnus is powerful with "axe". Higher crit rate and dmg than sword user. BUT, i heard after the update, that sword skill will be the only sword skill. Means magnus must use Sword to use SB DSB SwordStorm SleepingSword.