Bow user = Useless ?

Filaajade

Question

Hi guys,
im a bow lover, and i think bow user at CL is useless, why ?

first at PVP, you all know Sonic Boom right ?
Yes, a range attack from fighter, the range is 16-18m.
and, Arch Ranger (Wonderer) which have a longest range of all Rogues job have 20m++ (18m (Basic) + 2,xxm (Long shot/Passive Skill) + xxxm (Elastic Bow/Buff)
Arch ranger wins, but..
Fighter use Heavy armor, which have more P.deff
and Fighter specialize at P.Atk and/or P.deff which makes them a war machine.
and Rogues is not specialize at P.Atk, which means its kinda hard to kill a Fighter/Tank (Paladins for example) with Bow
and (some of) those Destroyers/Sword Masters/Magnus only need 1 hit to kill a rogue. And they usually use Sonic Boom which is very very powerful
so, how to defeat Paladins, Destroyers, Sword Masters, Magnus, Etc. with bow ?
use Foil/Stealth.
is that a solution ? not really, at Below War, Foil is forbidden (idk if stealth is also forbidden)

my point is..
How to defeat Sonic Boom with Bow ?
and
Why Fighter which use non-ranged weapon (Axes, Swords, Maces) have a Ranged + very Powerful ranged skills ?
i know Sonic Boom is for Sword users only.. but, what's the difference? 

But still, but still..
I dont know what is the advantages of Arch Ranger (Wonderer)
you can tell me about this though..
because at this moment, right now, i think bow user is useless and its not fair those non ranged job have a ranged skills

Thanks

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

Luna has a very big imbalance between classes, that's why most players only play 3-5 classes out of 15 or so.

There will be a day when we discuss with the community what steps to take to balance all classes and make them all fun and appealing, not just a few.

That's it, actually i create this topic for the Admin's..
how the devs think about all of this imbalances..
i want a balanced game.. maybe everyone want a balanced game..
hope that day will come very very soon..
btw, thanks for calming me down XD

On 10/29/2016 at 11:53 PM, Filaajade said:

Hi guys,
im a bow lover, and i think bow user at CL is useless, why ?

first at PVP, you all know Sonic Boom right ?
Yes, a range attack from fighter, the range is 16-18m.
and, Arch Ranger (Wonderer) which have a longest range of all Rogues job have 20m++ (18m (Basic) + 2,xxm (Long shot/Passive Skill) + xxxm (Elastic Bow/Buff)
Arch ranger wins, but..
Fighter use Heavy armor, which have more P.deff
and Fighter specialize at P.Atk and/or P.deff which makes them a war machine.
and Rogues is not specialize at P.Atk, which means its kinda hard to kill a Fighter/Tank (Paladins for example) with Bow
and (some of) those Destroyers/Sword Masters/Magnus only need 1 hit to kill a rogue. And they usually use Sonic Boom which is very very powerful
so, how to defeat Paladins, Destroyers, Sword Masters, Magnus, Etc. with bow ?
use Foil/Stealth.
is that a solution ? not really, at Below War, Foil is forbidden (idk if stealth is also forbidden)

my point is..
How to defeat Sonic Boom with Bow ?
and
Why Fighter which use non-ranged weapon (Axes, Swords, Maces) have a Ranged + very Powerful ranged skills ?
i know Sonic Boom is for Sword users only.. but, what's the difference? 

But still, but still..
I dont know what is the advantages of Arch Ranger (Wonderer)
you can tell me about this though..
because at this moment, right now, i think bow user is useless and its not fair those non ranged job have a ranged skills

Thanks

Im bow user two both human and elf, to beat any fighter that use sonic boom we just improve our eva.

Using evq equip will make our physical attack down, but bow user have pounding shoot that 6 second of stun. U can use this skill and spam magic arrow to ur target or wait for the other to kill your target. 

Simple right ? Dont make your char to be the strong hitter, just make it can avoid sonic boom and stun your enemy.

Without buff self, Elf has more eva than human at the same level, but human has more crit and physical attack, elf have advantage if we use it for pvp, but for war, human has more advantage

Thats my opinion

• Administrator

"Eva - RI, FB, magic attack" is not balance, evasion <=> accuracy, that's the stat. Why should a fighter have an unavoidable magical attack when rogue doesn't have enough attack damage to penetrate physical defense?

And then there's the point of stun skills, most fighters have 2 or more, 1 of them if not both instant, pounding shot takes time to cast and does get canceled with stun/paralyze/etc (unlike magical skills at the moment that do continue casting through stuns, which is a bug). Add to that the range of sonic/double sonic boom and the low health of rogues in general, not only bow jobs, and they are actually useless.

Do not mention stealth because bow jobs do not get stealth, only dagger jobs. So they rely on very low level stealth that is a disadvantage in group PvP.

2 hours ago, Orange said:

"Eva - RI, FB, magic attack" is not balance, evasion <=> accuracy, that's the stat. Why should a fighter have an unavoidable magical attack when rogue doesn't have enough attack damage to penetrate physical defense?

b/c rogues have stealth, not all build couldn't but str/crit build can penetrate pdef, imo rogues has the most powerful job (bt) damage wise, for the price of low def, low hp, and short ranged, gameplay is limited and u can't play them as freely like fighters

imo fighter < mages > rogues

But also fighter = rogues, I say equal b/c so many builds and skills they can cancel ea others out

mages are still the most obvious OP