About Skill

setheo

Question

we know some job has a fast skill like burning crash,sonic boom,shield boomerang and the others.

but im always hit first with same skill,,

how we can make those skill more faster??

thx before ^_^

18 answers to this question

items that causes physical attacking speed ( as opposed cast speed )  or to be precise , equip's active/passive skill . advanced knife is example but i can't recall how fast it is ( exclusively for rogue ) . i dunno whetever there's learnable passive skill that can boost it or at least never existed before . one of monk's skill & nera harbor archer can slow your physical attacking speed

edit : i forgot one , sunken darkness set can increase ur attack speed to 10% . but it's light armor

but for magical based skill , it's cast speed ( obviously , do not affects physical attacking speed . commonly affected by farouk necklace's passive , healty worm , shrewd spell buff , ancient sets , tarintus set , secret formula of ancient set . belt of wisdom & nera harbor archer can slow your casting speed ( it should be noted if players wield a wand , player will be vuneable to attacked while attacking monster and at same time slowed physical attacking speed )

Blade taker has a passive that adds attack speed. It's called Rapid Attack

All fighters can learn a passive called Sword Rapidity, which boosts speed when you use a sword. Elven fighters get aura buffs, one of which is Rampage Aura, which boosts attack speed by 24%. Panda Gloves also help skill cast speed ( very helpful for blade takers)

Also a tip, your Internet connection can also be the key to who hits faster.

Who hits first is determined both by your reaction time, attack speed, and most importantly, internet connection. If you want to speed up skill casting, use panda gloves as a costume. They give a passive +5% physical attack speed. Sunken Darkness is also good, but is light armor. The best attack speed item I know of is Muramasa, it's only for two handed fighters though, so that's the only limitation. Death Mask/Deadly War Sword gives fighters that equip it Berserker, which also gives Berserker to fighters without it in their skill list.

For mages, I'm not so sure, but refer to Sky's post for those. I do know that Munchkin Gloves add a +5% cast speed if I'm not mistaken.

Who hits first is determined both by your reaction time, attack speed, and most importantly, internet connection. If you want to speed up skill casting, use panda gloves as a costume. They give a passive +5% physical attack speed. Sunken Darkness is also good, but is light armor. The best attack speed item I know of is Muramasa, it's only for two handed fighters though, so that's the only limitation. Death Mask/Deadly War Sword gives fighters that equip it Berserker, which also gives Berserker to fighters without it in their skill list.

For mages, I'm not so sure, but refer to Sky's post for those. I do know that Munchkin Gloves add a +5% cast speed if I'm not mistaken.

yeah , i remembered munchkin gloves . because it's rarity , usually ppl sold it very expensive despite being 5% cast speed ( combined with farouk , ancient robe set along staff , shrewd spell & healty worm . u could be become fastest casting mage )

we are SM job, and i try duel with my partner with same connections ( playing at my house ) and always lose to her.

we use same skill, sonic boom and rune impact,diferent pa about 200-300 only and we are same job and race,,

for costume we use shini glove, but she didnt lean swd rapidly and i did,

and we try duel again, boom!!!!

she still more faster than me with same skill

is my char got bugged or something??

btw sorry for bad english :P

I don't think Sword Rapidity actually affects skill casting speed, I think it's only regular attacks. That's probably why. I tested it on my destroyer and the skill speed was the same, but my normal attacks became noticeably faster.

I don't think Sword Rapidity actually affects skill casting speed, I think it's only regular attacks. That's probably why. I tested it on my destroyer and the skill speed was the same, but my normal attacks became noticeably faster.

I've tested it with Polyxus, it works for me.

• Administrator

It only affects skills that don't have a magical casting time, if I remember right many 2h skills and a few 1h skills have a magic casting time.

There's also a possibility it may only be for 1h swords.

It only affects skills that don't have a magical casting time, if I remember right many 2h skills and a few 1h skills have a magic casting time.

There's also a possibility it may only be for 1h swords.

My theory:

Many two-handed skills don't have magical casting time mainly because they require a two-handed weapon. Rune Impact has casting time because it does not require a weapon by default. Sonic Boom and the likes do require a weapon by default and therefore are not affected. I tested Burning Crash without any buffs, it was quite slow. I tested it with Weapon Sync and it was slightly faster. I then used Muramasa, and it was much faster. BUT on the contrary, I used Acuteness and Berserker together, and the attack speed did not change. This also applies to Sword Rapidity. This leads me to believe there are in fact two types of physical attack speed. The type given by Weapon Sync and Muramasa, and the type given by Berserker and Acuteness.

The possibility of Sword Rapidity being for one-handed swords only sounds a lot more legit.

• Administrator

Your theory is wrong, any skill whatsoever regardless of type can have magic casting time, just like magic power spells can have no casting time at all, just an animation/missile reach time.

It is true however that the speed increase buffs created for items and sword rapidity and berserker have different types of speed increase, I will look into it and fix it accordingly.

Your theory is wrong, any skill whatsoever regardless of type can have magic casting time, just like magic power spells can have no casting time at all, just an animation/missile reach time.

It is true however that the speed increase buffs created for items and sword rapidity and berserker have different types of speed increase, I will look into it and fix it accordingly.

I tested it with Shrewd Spell. No noticeable difference. If skills had magical cast speed, it would technically hit faster, right? But it doesn't.

• Administrator

I tested it with Shrewd Spell. No noticeable difference. If skills had magical cast speed, it would technically hit faster, right? But it doesn't.

Please read what I have said again. "any skill whatsoever regardless of type can have magic casting time". 

Here are physical damage skills that have a magic casting time: Bow attacks, Musket attacks, Bleeding Blow, Windy Slash, Cross Slash, Strike Attack, Double Strike. 80% of the physical skills have a casting time, however we are only talking about casting time not if it is reduced or not. Sure it is probably set up so that magical casting speed increase only affects magical power spells but that doesn't remove the fact that physical skills can have a casting time. (You can infact even see a casting bar with some physical skills)

now to read the second part of my answer:  "It is true however that the speed increase buffs created for items and sword rapidity and berserker have different types of speed increase, I will look into it and fix it accordingly."

I really don't understand why you replied that way. Please do not think that I am making this up, that is how it's scripted and indicated in the files.

Please read what I have said again. "any skill whatsoever regardless of type can have magic casting time". 

Here are physical damage skills that have a magic casting time: Bow attacks, Musket attacks, Bleeding Blow, Windy Slash, Cross Slash, Strike Attack, Double Strike. 80% of the physical skills have a casting time, however we are only talking about casting time not if it is reduced or not. Sure it is probably set up so that magical casting speed increase only affects magical power spells but that doesn't remove the fact that physical skills can have a casting time. (You can infact even see a casting bar with some physical skills)

now to read the second part of my answer:  "It is true however that the speed increase buffs created for items and sword rapidity and berserker have different types of speed increase, I will look into it and fix it accordingly."

I really don't understand why you replied that way. Please do not think that I am making this up, that is how it's scripted and indicated in the files.

Maybe it was that I didn't quite understand what you meant the first time. This cleared it up, though. Disregard the post above then.

• Upvote 1

hmmmm,

i had try before, by using muramasa and dark knight set without buff, i got more faster skill than before (using sonic boom and rune impact missile speed).

and i've been trying with normal eq plus adding berserk buff,rampage aura,passive skill swd training, and panda glove. but, i've got normal speed for both skill

So, im only get conclusion :

swd rapidly,berserk and rampage aura buff didnt effect on SM skill (like rune impact,sonic boom, and 2 sonic blast)

we can get more faster skill by using muramasa or dark knight set,

but what i have said is only temporary :P ,,, and its just my conclusion