Validity and etc of Celestia Luna

IcePawGX

Question

Hello, I'm a newcomer to the forums, yet alone that there is an existing Luna game! Its awesome that something like this exists still. However, before I download a client to play. How has Celestia Luna been? Has it had hiccups? Server problems? Are servers available 24/7 and if not why/when? Do events happen often? Are patches and updates still a thing? How many players are playing consistently? I am also wondering if this is a scam. No offense, I don't mean to be rude, but there isn't much out there I can find to prove Celestia Luna as its own identity yet alone real. There seems to be other Luna clients too, such as [deleted]? Anyway, any replies are nice, I don't care whether its about how much I'm an idiot for making this, or how awesome Celestia Luna is. I'm just looking for information and a community sounds like a great way to hear around about something.

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums and game of Celesta Luna.

Celestia Luna is currently doing fine. I haven't seen many hiccups other than a few people, not a lot, having to work on studying and school. It's hard to squeeze a lot of time in when you sleep early.

I can't answer for the available 24-7 but I assume that the GMs would inform people when the servers need to go down. I haven't seen it go down a lot recently, so I believe it's not too much of a problem.

Also can't tell you seeing as I don't log on often. Sorry, I'm not too much help. There's a lot of official events that are going on here and there. I can assume there will also be a lot during Halloween and Christmas.

Patches and Updates are still a thing. They come slowly but surely because the GMs have to spend a lot of hard work on the server. Just don't constantly pound it in their head that they don't do anything for the server since they do their best.

There's quite a lot of players that still log on Celestia Luna. I would say there's a good amount between 200 - 500 and maybe more within the whole day. I believe that's a decent amount for a private server, I don't know about the others.

I don't believe anyone will take offense. I don't know how I can prove it's not a scam but I can only tell you and try to assure you that it's not. After playing this game for a good amount of time, I would believe it's not a scam. The games been running since 2010 or 2011 after all.

Sorry if none of this is helpful.

• Upvote 1

• Game Master

Hello, I'm a newcomer to the forums, yet alone that there is an existing Luna game! Its awesome that something like this exists still. However, before I download a client to play. How has Celestia Luna been? Has it had hiccups? Server problems? Are servers available 24/7 and if not why/when? Do events happen often? Are patches and updates still a thing? How many players are playing consistently? I am also wondering if this is a scam. No offense, I don't mean to be rude, but there isn't much out there I can find to prove Celestia Luna as its own identity yet alone real. There seems to be other Luna clients too, such as [deleted]? Anyway, any replies are nice, I don't care whether its about how much I'm an idiot for making this, or how awesome Celestia Luna is. I'm just looking for information and a community sounds like a great way to hear around about something.

Hello, and welcome to the forums. Celestia's had its ups and downs, but we're still going strong. Servers are pretty much available 24/7, yes, it rarely (if ever) goes down. Events and updates are a bit low on the spectrum lately because of things getting busy with the staff and such, but good things are coming. 

It's definitely a real server, though. There are plenty of videos and screenshots around if you want to do some research. Hundreds of players on at all times. It's the bee's knees, and I'm not just saying that because I have to ;) Hope you give it a shot. 

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of me and some people in Alker 3 awhile ago ^_^ Kinda ruined by all the names in the background, but oh well.

2gx2w6c.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cool, thanks for the info and for quick replies! Guess my last few questions are, is there anything I should watch for when I install? Is the Alpha client that's 338MB the right one? Cant wait to get in game and; someday help promote Celestia Luna. Oh and Congrats on 5 years, that's awesome, how'd I not know about this for so long >.<.

Cool, thanks for the info and for quick replies! Guess my last few questions are, is there anything I should watch for when I install? Is the Alpha client that's 338MB the right one? Cant wait to get in game and; someday help promote Celestia Luna. Oh and Congrats on 5 years, that's awesome, how'd I not know about this for so long >.<.

Why yes, the 338mb client is the right one and there is a huge upcoming update to the Celestia Luna. Well if you'd looked for more "awesome private server games" on the Google you'll find this game faster eventually lol, anyway join me anytime whenever you're online and I can tell you lots of things in-game :p my IGN is Ninanyan.

• Upvote 1

Cool, thanks! I finally got in game and made a character, had to figure my antivirus some (a bit scary it said trojan horse because of exe), but its ok. Now i just have to find some time to play. Cant wait for that big update too, whatever it may hold for us.

Yeah. The anti-virus can get annoying since it kept automatically deleting the game from my files. Took me awhile to configure it so it accepted the game. But rest assured, nothing will happen. If you ever have time to play or want to play with someone(?) you can shoot  me a PM. I currently don't have any characters, but I will be making one pretty soon. The big update will be extremely exciting. I can't wait.