Blocking rate question

Shi

Question

Well, I already tried asking someone about this via messaging but I think she's not checking her messages. Well,Here it is. lv2 Iron shield = 5%, Shield Training lv20 = 53% Solid Shield lv5 = 40% Thus a total of 98% block rate, am I correct? If I buy myself a set of Concealed barrier which gives 10% block rate. That would give me more than a hunder % block rate, right? Does this mean that I'll auto block every non-critical hits? Or is there some kind of bug that would render my block senseless? Or is it that those percent numbers does not stock but simply gives their own chances to block like, I have 5% chance to block, I also have 53% chance to block, I have 40% chance to block and 10% chance to block for every non critical hit I take?|

Thanks in advance to those who'll answer

7 answers to this question

Its the same as Evasion, Its % can still go over 100, My Evasion is 248 for example yet sometimes I get hit.

Same for shield block rate, Some hits will still get you without a block. Even if its 200%+

Evasion on your Status are not using % like Luna Plus... XD

Block Rate Percentages is quite confusing to calculate it (and I hate math), perhaps Orange can answer it

• Administrator

Evasion is not a percent in your window. It's a number just like speed (not shown) but base speed is 500 and you keep adding with numbers or percents from items (there's no literal 100% speed it just keeps adding numbers). The percent is calculated upon your level. I don't currently know what number is 100% (always evade) for level 150 so I can't calculate it but evasion goes 1vs1 against strike, I don't know about block.

Well, I already tried asking someone about this via messaging but I think she's not checking her messages. Well,Here it is. lv2 Iron shield = 5%, Shield Training lv20 = 53% Solid Shield lv5 = 40% Thus a total of 98% block rate, am I correct? If I buy myself a set of Concealed barrier which gives 10% block rate. That would give me more than a hunder % block rate, right? Does this mean that I'll auto block every non-critical hits? Or is there some kind of bug that would render my block senseless? Or is it that those percent numbers does not stock but simply gives their own chances to block like, I have 5% chance to block, I also have 53% chance to block, I have 40% chance to block and 10% chance to block for every non critical hit I take?|

Thanks in advance to those who'll answer

you will block every normal attack when you reach more than 100% block rate. People who hit you wont see any number. You will see a bit nudge when they attack you. But critical still going to do full damage. Monster will still hit you for '1' regardless of your block %.

Another thing, I've read a post saying that block rate reduces the incomming damage's critical rate, thus the more the block rate, the higher the critical rate reduction to the opposing side. Is this correct too? Also, thanks for the replies about the 1st question.

I don't currently know what number is 100% (always evade) for level 150 so I can't calculate it but evasion goes 1vs1 against strike, I don't know about block.

Do you mean if the target has 430 eva i need 430 strike to hit her? well in my case i've tested a few times and if a target has 460 evasion you just need atleast 430 strike to fully hit,  wich is pretty umbalanced due to how hard is to get evasion philoes highter then 17 and strike philos are easy to reach 22 strike