Crusader 2.0 Introduction/Feedback/Bug Reports

Orange

Possibly something to consider, 

I haven't been playing with the class long enough to optimize it, but the class has to spam skills a lot and constantly. Holy Avenger, and the various prayers especially. Even with high level wisdom buff and mana control passive I find myself running out of mp constantly. As a magic based class this is rather concerning. 

Do you think giving the class access to blood stream would be possible ? It fits holy avengers hp conversion style, helps support the fast game play, and it would definitely be an important skill for training. Another possible option could be a buff/passive that behaves similarly to how Mana Vampirism behaved when cast on other players. Basically allowing you to regain mana by killing mobs, which could also support the fast game play of the class.

(I haven't tried out Replenishment yet, so maybe this prayer will fix the classes need for MP.)

Edit : I've tried out Replenishment and it helps a lot, but it's still not quite as powerful as I'd like it to be. Prayers cost a lot of mana, and you have to spam them quite often, while using 2 prayers of the same level and mana cost to keep the same single effect going constantly. If you try to do that with a power prayer, and a defense prayer while spamming HA, HEq, and possibly another skill (like blunt shield) to keep a training rhythm going you deplete your mp rather quickly, especially versus bulkier mobs. That's even with Level 10 wisdom, MP rec on earrings, and 30 seconds of Replenishment.

Actually, the class really wants a target range skill to aggro enemies as well, so maybe a target ranged small AoE skill that grants the mana vampire debuff would work out really well.

• Orange unpinned this topic

I would suggest to revert back the old skills of Crusader (or at least add the Thundering Death skill) and fix it.

I saw crusaders on youtube with Thundering Death and they're pretty awesome.

I created a pure INT crusader and it totally turned out just fine until I realized mage has a huge MATK difference with fighters (AS USUAL!). I decided to make a mage until they returned the Thundering Death (crossed-fingers)

• Administrator

Why do you need Thundering Death? I need a better reason than seeing it on youtube or that it had cool looking effects.

We might up the magical attack bonus from Devoted Mind in the future.

Yea, aside from awesome effects, I think it has more magical damage than Holy Earthquake (Correct me if I'm wrong)

55 minutes ago, Orange said:

We might up the magical attack bonus from Devoted Mind in the future.

I would love to know that you are buffing the Devoted Mind. I would also like to suggest to add some matk buffs like Wizardry or perhaps Magic Crit like Twinkle / Fortunate Magic :D

And is it possible that philo will gove magic crit rate to and will show how many magic crit rat i have in the character info(c)? Uhh last one will it possible that we can reinforce our item with magic crit rate soon?  Gm reply pls😀😊

well, for Old Crusader there is Buff "Mental Vortex" that increased magical attack (but I don't remember if it's increase Magical Criticals too?), but it seems this "mental vortex" now is changed to become Passive "Devoted Mind" (?) so yeah it might fixed later to increase more Magical Attack? (I hope it will also increase Magical Critical too later). '-'a

and about "Thundering Dread"... well for Old Crusader, they're was supposedly has more AoE skills besides "Holy Avenger"
-Thundering Dread
-Holy Avenger (if you pick from Phalanx or other job but was pick Infantryman)
-Shock Wave (this is supposedly AoE too, but it was bugged and do "Always Miss"... Magical Attack but always miss?)
-Doom Burst (well since Crusader is... somehow... is upgrade Job of Knight, they can also do Doom Burst, but this skill is Physical Damage)

The reason why Celestia Luna is Modified Crusader entirely is only for 1 purpose, and the purpose it's to make Crusader become Magical Knight with Holy Power that somehow can also do Supports too as Holy Knight. :) 

What I think to Celestia Luna need to fix is the Magical Damage for PVP (against other Players) that getting decreased too much (nerfed). XD 

5 hours ago, Antoni77 said:

well, for Old Crusader there is Buff "Mental Vortex" that increased magical attack (but I don't remember if it's increase Magical Criticals too?), but it seems this "mental vortex" now is changed to become Passive "Devoted Mind" (?) so yeah it might fixed later to increase more Magical Attack? (I hope it will also increase Magical Critical too later). '-'a

and about "Thundering Dread"... well for Old Crusader, they're was supposedly has more AoE skills besides "Holy Avenger"
-Thundering Dread
-Holy Avenger (if you pick from Phalanx or other job but was pick Infantryman)
-Shock Wave (this is supposedly AoE too, but it was bugged and do "Always Miss"... Magical Attack but always miss?)
-Doom Burst (well since Crusader is... somehow... is upgrade Job of Knight, they can also do Doom Burst, but this skill is Physical Damage)

The reason why Celestia Luna is Modified Crusader entirely is only for 1 purpose, and the purpose it's to make Crusader become Magical Knight with Holy Power that somehow can also do Supports too as Holy Knight. :) 

What I think to Celestia Luna need to fix is the Magical Damage for PVP (against other Players) that getting decreased too much (nerfed). XD 

I loved the concept and idea but the Original Crusader has much more stronger skills that our current crusader.

If they would not put back the Thundering Death, at least have the shockwave be fixed and add to the current crusader. that will greatly compensate for the "no matk/int" buffs

and yeah, I'm very much to look forward for the devoted mind buff. :D

• Administrator
52 minutes ago, tony119 said:

Overlooked that because I don't usually use it when grinding as the duration is only 45 seconds. haha XD

That's your problem right there, these skills are to be used on cooldown (all the time), this class was designed to be very active. Unlike other classes where you can relax and only use 1-2 skills every now and then.

We might increase the duration to 2 minutes. But then you won't be able to change auras until your current one wears off.

7 minutes ago, Orange said:

That's your problem right there, these skills are to be used on cooldown (all the time), this class was designed to be very active. Unlike other classes where you can relax and only use 1-2 skills every now and then.

We might increase the duration to 2 minutes. But then you won't be able to change auras until your current one wears off.

I like those changes that you're going to implement in the future. I hope they come soon :drool:

On 1/9/2017 at 9:26 AM, DomainCycle said:

Crus is good now, but can u change's the aura buff of crus to all weap? is only mace..n give crus range :) only suggest yaa..

I second this for more MATK (Medusa) but your pdef will be reduced from Mace Protection.

For the ranged skill, it will be the previous skill, SHOCKWAVE (ranges, MATK) Im also hoping they return it. :D

3 hours ago, tony119 said:

@Orange Replenishment Prayer seems not working. MP regeneration is sill the same with or without this buffs.

I need to check that too... because this class destroys MP. Lol. That would explain why it's not working out that well for me.

playing crusader is so fun, i still enjoy grinding my crusader and now currently it level 118 :D the prayers crit rate is so helpful which give 20% crit rate at level 3 but still lack of ma i think so for the better crusader i suggest:

1. give more ma at devoted mind. its give 45 points of ma but i feel the increase is too small

2. give passive/buffs for ms. prayer freedom give a bit ms but only few seconds its not helpful much and since i used gemini for the earrings my run is very slow :@ maybe later try to use vip boots+vip eyepatch and l.cape for the increasing of my ms

Since i like crusader alot so i hope some improvements will be applied soon :P

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Empty-Headed Academic said:

playing crusader is so fun, i still enjoy grinding my crusader and now currently it level 118 :D the prayers crit rate is so helpful which give 20% crit rate at level 3 but still lack of ma i think so for the better crusader i suggest:

1. give more ma at devoted mind. its give 45 points of ma but i feel the increase is too small

2. give passive/buffs for ms. prayer freedom give a bit ms but only few seconds its not helpful much and since i used gemini for the earrings my run is very slow :@ maybe later try to use vip boots+vip eyepatch and l.cape for the increasing of my ms

Since i like crusader alot so i hope some improvements will be applied soon :P

Check out the latest patch notes regarding Crusader: 

I'm so happy for the increased duration of Prayers! Power, Strength and Fortitude is 2 minutes now. However, Replenishment and Recovery is still at 30 seconds. I hope this will be changed to 2 minutes as well. :)

However, there's still bugs:
• Strength (PATK) and Power (MATK) Prayers is indeed 2 minutes BUT I can't see any additional stats for this buffs MEANS it doesn't work at all now. (I'm not sure if same case is also happened to Determination (Crit) Prayer since I did not get this skill) NOTE: Before mini patch, these buffs is working fine
• Replenishment (MP) Prayer doesn't add any regeneration at all
• Freedom prayer remains the same. Didn't work for any "hold" debuffs. It only gives 150 movespeed for 5 seconds (totally useless with high SP)

Suggestions:
• Only has Level 2 Nature's Shield and Nature's Mind. I think most of the 105 jobs have Level 4 human and elf specific buffs. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
• Beef up devoted mind for more MA :P
• Fix and add Shockwave skill for another MATK AOE :P

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:57 PM, tony119 said:

I'm so happy for the increased duration of Prayers! Power, Strength and Fortitude is 2 minutes now. However, Replenishment and Recovery is still at 30 seconds. I hope this will be changed to 2 minutes as well. :)

However, there's still bugs:
• Strength (PATK) and Power (MATK) Prayers is indeed 2 minutes BUT I can't see any additional stats for this buffs MEANS it doesn't work at all now. (I'm not sure if same case is also happened to Determination (Crit) Prayer since I did not get this skill) NOTE: Before mini patch, these buffs is working fine
• Replenishment (MP) Prayer doesn't add any regeneration at all
• Freedom prayer remains the same. Didn't work for any "hold" debuffs. It only gives 150 movespeed for 5 seconds (totally useless with high SP)

Suggestions:
• Only has Level 2 Nature's Shield and Nature's Mind. I think most of the 105 jobs have Level 4 human and elf specific buffs. (Correct me if I'm wrong)
• Beef up devoted mind for more MA :P
• Fix and add Shockwave skill for another MATK AOE :P

The prayers work, they just don't show the stat increase. If you test the damage with and without the buffs, you can see the difference.

The Replenishment Prayers worked just fine for me and gave the mp/hp they said they would, they just don't provide enough recovery to use them instead of the other defense prayers in my opinion. Holy Touch/Heal can help you recover hp more efficiently anyway.

The missing level of Nature's Mind and Nature's shield is definitely unfortunate. I assume the human variation wouldn't gain access to level 3 Lash and Burning Rage either, but I haven't tested a human Crusader. Either way, this is definitely a bug that should be fixed eventually as I'm sure the GM's are aware of it by now.

If/when they do decide to add a new skill, I can't wait to see/test it out!

Edit: I recently realized that Crusader only has access to level 15 Mace Protection, which is very strange considering Maces are supposed to be this classes weapon of choice. It's also strange that Destroyer is the only class that gets access to level 25 mace protection and it's not even a defensive class that would typically use a mace.

• 3 years later...

Hey Orange, i played Original Gpot and have always been a fan of your server over the others. You have done a very good job with the server. On to my point, I think Crusader needs to have thundering death skill back. If not possible, I think we need 1 more Matk AOE skill. As a fighter who goes MATK, we lose multiple AOE skills to only gain Earthquake. (I'm excluding Shield AOE) for example, Blood Sky can't be utilized as an AoE because its PATK. I get the purpose of the crusader is to be a party support build with some survivability but lets be honest. No fighter is going Matk for PVP,  they are building this class as a Magical Tank for PVE and mobbing with attract circle. Spamming a Stun skill and Holy Avenger with a random shield bash that does a 1/16th of damage gets old fast. One extra AoE skill that does MATK would make the flow of the crusader feel complete. An alternative idea would be to add an AOE that does DOT. The mobs always hang on after holy avenger and being stunned. i would prefer a bleed or burn since we dont get to utilize the blood sky Patk AOE.

• Upvote 1