Is this a proper warninig?

NunSayKenSoul

Question

9 answers to this question

The question is, is it possible that the verbal warning was made even the player is still approaching you is possible

If you're talking about giving out the verbal warning before the player ksed you or something, that's why it's required that he did the violation first, then you gave him the warning then he didn't stop after the warning, especially in KS reports which need at least 2 screenshots. 1st is the one which shows that he ksed you and you warned him, 2nd is the one which shows that he didn't stop after the warning. To answer this question. Putting the warning in the family or guild nickname is not a legit warning. It has to be done in chat.

• Game Master

I think a big problem with that would be, that people don't have any incentive to look at people's nicknames, they legitimately probably wouldn't see it. It's iffy.

Whereas putting it in chat, people will definitely see it, and they can decide whether or not they want to continue to break rules at that point, risking a ban.

Please search the forum before posting a question.

http://forum.celestialuna.com/index.php?/topic/19757-proper-warnings/

Discusses what the GM's consider a proper warning.

thank you.

I saw that post. In fact that was the first post I saw about this. It is not a discussion, it is a statement of a rule.

It does not say specifically what is a proper warning. Quoting that post: "A warning is when someone tells you you are doing something wrong specifically, not just a word"

The warning in the title is clear. It is understandable that the person is not sharing his monsters.

I personally think that the warning on the title isn't apropriate, just because the aproaching person didn't break any rule yet. There is no guarantee that he saw you nickname, as Seraphire said.

But, as I've seen this sometimes into the game, specially on boss hunters, it came in my mind to ask.