Bt Or Sm ?

nilniel

Question

hi ... im new here in CL .. and currently im BT ,,, well i like BT cause of high damage .. but its equips are too expensive?? am i right ?? well i was planning on changing to SM(SwordMaster) Cause i like the skills and gameplay of it.. please give me tips on both classes ^ ^ .. thank you ... ^ ^ 

12 answers to this question

Really, SM is sucks for lvl 105 (if dual wield, and still suck at lvl 117+ if u are new)

BT and SM cost a lot for equip. BT need high EVA and SM need high DEX (crit rate). Better u go entrapper / cardinal for your 1st try. That 2 job doesn't really take a lot money. I suggest entrapper, its for farming purpose.

When i was new i made a totaly random character wich got deleted by me at lvl 50-60~. <-- This was totaly useless, so yeah, my first char that i got to 105+ was my BT, and stil is btw, im still playing him and im just 2 geminis away from my "fullgodlyset". Im enjoying pvping and just simply farming with him, even tho its hard to farm because i want to get the 2 geminis fast and i have only like 210~ eva. ^^

yeah, I think both of them are always will depends on your Equipments, on lvl106 you will need 3200 Defend without Shield, and 2500 Defend with Shield to hunting on Nera Harbor, and 270 or 280 Eva if you want use Rogue Evasion :)

I prefer Rogue> Ruffian> Archer> TH> BT as usual, use Shield and gain 2500 Defend so you can Hunting on Nera Harbor

for Swordmaster you can choose ELF to become Infantrymen> RK> SM, they have good Buffs and good Defend too :)

you can become Dual-Wielder at lvl117, at this level your character will have lvl5 Dual Wield Mastery

so the penalty is not too much... :)

Both classes Sm & BT are "expensive" classes.

With a moderate budget Sm would be the better pick, because you can still have cheaper gear, but be capable of leveling to 120 easy compared to BT which is a little more on the squishy & expensive side. 

I suggest that if you like SM and its play style then try it! I am sure if you follow a good path, and put time into farming you will do great. You would need more money to maintain your Bt.

• Game Master

Most classes who want maxed out items will put a lot of money into their characters.

But if you can get your hands on a Trans set, you're pretty much good to go, just philo and reinforce and such for evasion as you go. They generally have nice crits as it is, so it shouldn't be too necessary to spend much on damage.

Any class is expensive. Mages especially :D.  BT are expensive though. I probably put like a good 60 bil into my blade taker. If not more

yea BT is little Expensive too BT is good to lvl to 120 cause you can get gold in NH(just need some P.deff or eva) but BT can use Shield in NH 

Remember if your objective is to farm NH that stun locks on a character like BT or duel wield SM would constantly die from stun lock Because of your low p.def. You might want to use a shield and dagger/sword until you get over the duel wield negatives. @Above post are right, but evasion won't help you when you are stun locked with DoTs going. And good p.def items don't come cheap.