[Ask] Cardi Vit-Speed

EsCorong aKa Ice Cone

Question

many people say cardi vit is awesome, but when i tried myself its not really good for PVP, my P.deff is around 8.5k but i still receive big damage from destro P.a around 11-12k (i dont know its true or not, but when i ask - he said  "my P.a only 11k" ) .

if you've ever played "Cardi Vit", how much ur p.deff? and how to win a duel with an opponent Destro / High P.a player.

note:

when i PVP, i always use SOJ to stun and then HT, after that i will Death :cry_con:

19 answers to this question

• Game Master

That won't be possible after the update, Orange is doing a lot of balancing of certain skills and classes, people with a lot of defense - such as yourself - will not be able to be 1-2 shot in the future like they are now. 

I don't currently have a Cardinal, but I do have a Vit Necro, and I know what you mean, I still take a ton of damage, even with high defense. Zydeth is a Destroyer with around 11-12k patk and he 1hits my Paladin, who has 26k HP and 7k pdef. It's pretty ridiculous.

• Upvote 2

Uhm i am Vit Cardi for a long time. My pdeff is around 9k and hp around 28k. Anyways i still can be killed by one hit.

If u want win vs destroyer you have to be lucky with your 'Light Stun' skill. It has longer effect than SoJ and able you to do combo (HT > SoJ > TU), also u can try use AB or CB but it's difficult cuz both this skills have longer casting than destroyer skills. Best option is keeping your enemy in stun lock and heal yourself with Great Heal. Also u can try to mix your eq (i'm using 3 wands - Medusa for Attack / Diren for pDeff / Vit DM for HP) and costumes (15% hp / mp / ms | deff suit etc.) If u have more questions feel free to ask. 

Uhm i am Vit Cardi for a long time. My pdeff is around 9k and hp around 28k. Anyways i still can be killed by one hit.
If u want win vs destroyer you have to be lucky with your 'Light Stun' skill. It has longer effect than SoJ and able you to do combo (HT > SoJ > TU), also u can try use AB or CB but it's difficult cuz both this skills have longer casting than destroyer skills. Best option is keeping your enemy in stun lock and heal yourself with Great Heal. Also u can try to mix your eq (i'm using 3 wands - Medusa for Attack / Diren for pDeff / Vit DM for HP) and costumes (15% hp / mp / ms | deff suit etc.) If u have more questions feel free to ask. 

I'm also a VIT Cardinal with around 9k physical defense, but I still get 1-2 shot by Destroyers.

Like the person stated above, in a PVP duel against a Destroyer, you have to be quick and start with a stun, and pray it doesn't fail heh... [stun lock combo: Shield of Justice > Holy Taker > Lightning Stun > Turn Undead > Chill Breeze > Repeat]

A VIT/MS Cardi isn't really good in PVP, for the lack of HP and defense. But, they have the upper hand in Guild Wars as they're able to out-run most players.

Depending on the situation, you should have two sets, one full VIT and the other VIT/MS so you're able to swap. Yeah, I know the high damage received from Destroyers can drive you up the wall, but think on the bright side; when you get the first hit they're done for. :P

That won't be possible after the update, Orange is doing a lot of balancing of certain skills and classes, people with a lot of defense - such as yourself - will not be able to be 1-2 shot in the future like they are now. 

I don't currently have a Cardinal, but I do have a Vit Necro, and I know what you mean, I still take a ton of damage, even with high defense. Zydeth is a Destroyer with around 11-12k patk and he 1hits my Paladin, who has 26k HP and 7k pdef. It's pretty ridiculous.

sir how about TM foil skill? is it included in the next update??? the effect are just too sorts... ingame it said 9sec effect.. but when i tried it only last for less than 3sec...

Orange and Brandon are doing all of the skill and class balancing, I don't know too many specifics, I just have a general idea of what's happening. You'll have to ask one of them or wait and see what happens. 

-giggles in excitement- the class balancing is going to be so interesting. Huehuehue  :41:

sir how about TM foil skill? is it included in the next update??? the effect are just too sorts... ingame it said 9sec effect.. but when i tried it only last for less than 3sec...

^ i thought she wanted to say, 'fix the foil, foiling before match begins is ridiculous' -.-

I'm also a VIT Cardinal with around 9k physical defense, but I still get 1-2 shot by Destroyers.

Like the person stated above, in a PVP duel against a Destroyer, you have to be quick and start with a stun, and pray it doesn't fail heh... [stun lock combo: Shield of Justice > Holy Taker > Lightning Stun > Turn Undead > Chill Breeze > Repeat]

A VIT/MS Cardi isn't really good in PVP, for the lack of HP and defense. But, they have the upper hand in Guild Wars as they're able to out-run most players.

Depending on the situation, you should have two sets, one full VIT and the other VIT/MS so you're able to swap. Yeah, I know the high damage received from Destroyers can drive you up the wall, but think on the bright side; when you get the first hit they're done for. :P

If im not mistake when use Holy Taker (HT) skill i cant stun the opponent for around 4-5 second , (because the HT is still running, draining opponent Hp) and that is the chance for opppnent to Stun and kill me :32:

If im not mistake when use Holy Taker (HT) skill i cant stun the opponent for around 4-5 second , (because the HT is still running, draining opponent Hp) and that is the chance for opppnent to Stun and kill me :32:

Holy Taker doesn't affect to stun effect (from SoJ or Light Stun) only to sleep or freeze effect. Your combo vs psychical dmg classes should be:

SoJ (90% chance to stun for 2.6 seconds) then HT (95% chance for effect per 4.5 seconds) then Light Stun (70% to stun for 3.4 seconds)

SoJ and Light Stun have same casting time - 1.4 sec and same range 15m.

By counting both effects (2.6 + 4.5 = 7.1 seconds) we have 3 secends of stun effect longer than Holy Taker it's enough to use Angelic Breath (85% change to sleep effect / casting time 1.6sec) or Chill Breeze (90% chance to freeze effect for 17.5 seconds). Durring stun lock we can add to our combo 'Turn Undead' (casting time 1.8sec) it's dealing good dmg even if you are VIT type.

After all the main combo for 1v1 is:

SoJ ---> Holy Taker ---> Light Stun ---> Turn Undead ---> Freeze / Sleep

After cooldown repeat.

Cooldowns of skills:

SoJ - 7.2 seconds

Holy Taker - 6.4 seconds

Turn Undead - 5.4 seconds

Light Stun - 7.2 seconds

Angelic Breath - 6.6 seconds

Chill Breeze - 6.0 seconds,

In addition even if we will be hitted (but we won't die by 1 hit) we can freeze enemy and heal ourselves.

Healing skills which i'm using -

Great Heal (1.4 sec of casting time / cooldown 6.0 seconds)

Fast Heal [just lvl 1] (1.2 sec of casting time / 1.4 seconds of cooldown)

My answer is based on my own cardinal and skills which u can max at 130 lvl. Hope it gives you clear answer about VIT Cardinal PvP tactic. 

Stuns don't lose their effect while HT is in use.

If you start with SoJ, use HT then wait for about 1-2 seconds, THEN use Lightning Stun, therefore it will create a stun-lock on the target. By the time you use the rest of your skills & end the combo with Chill Breeze, you'll be able to repeat the combo again. Practice on a friend to master it :p

yes, stun will not gone even we use damage over-time (DOT) after it :)

the Effect will gone after DOT is "Sleep" and "Freeze" :)

so always be sure to have at least 2 Stun skill like Shield of Justice and Lightning Stun 

(for Sorcerer Path "or" Warlock Path) XD