Do we have a Twitter!?

† Clise †

Question

twitter sucks and you should feel bad for even mentioning it lol

Wuuuuuuuuttttttttttt.

You would'nt say that if Celestia Luna had like 40k + Followers and we got a ton more players!

You should really give it a try, it works great for indie games / Private servers. The separate gaming community's link to each other and opens major and minor MMO players to Celestia Luna. They will be like "Oh hey that looks cute & bad ass " and they will play it!

I also really enjoy it, I did not at first but, You get used to it and well there is you #Addiction.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

in my own opinion twitter is for the socially desperate, its nothing but a bunch of people essentially saying GIVE ME ATTENTION and WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME, i refuse to have any part of it and pray for the day it dies 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

we have one but it hasn't been active for years. I know most of the staff don't use twitter or don't care/dislike it, it's another place you have to go to and spend time on, plus you would need somebody of the higher staff to tweet so the information is always true and not a speculation or rumor that a lower staff member heard.

Most games pick a ghost tweeter. Some trusted volunteer from the player base to tweet for them (Not implying anything). You could be like IGN (Gaming community) or  Microsoft.They only make 1 tweet a week. IGN makes about 4-5 per day. Simple informational tweets.

To announce when you start/finish Maint. (Would be a blessing since I just have to peek at my phone to see when servers are back up) Or prior to an event to get a quick flash of players online.

Not to mention in this day and age it pays to be able to communicate and advertise, The best thing about Twitter is its not just for sharing information, it also serves as a free unlimited bill board. Anyone who follows Celestia Luna will let there 20 followers see it, Then there 20 followers would see it adding up to 400 people already. We all know more players help keep the server alive so, Whats to lose?

I understand that time is money, So make it use someone else's time and not yours.

For major companys/indie games/private servers they provide there person tweeting for them with what to tweet. So its 100% liable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

because checking directly from the source is too mainstream

Not to mention its good for when your outside watering the lawn. You can just take out your phone and "Oh the servers are back online"

And because "the source" will not have 40,000 constant followers seeing it everyday, Along with all of the followers, followers , followers to.

Its not just for informational use. Its mostly for advertising. The more people the twitter reaches, the more potential players will see it and try the game, the more players we get it will be better to keep servers going , so it helps.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Game Master

I think a Twitter could be a good idea, but I don't think that just anybody should run it. Lots of people would be looking at it as a source of information and you can't guarantee you'll have all the facts or even the correct facts since the higher ups communicate with the players through the lower staff usually.

So unless one of the staff members have time to take on a Twitter account and can guarantee they'll have the correct information, it's not worth it.

in my own opinion twitter is for the socially desperate, its nothing but a bunch of people essentially saying GIVE ME ATTENTION and WHY WONT YOU LOVE ME, i refuse to have any part of it and pray for the day it dies 

haha....lucky for me i didn't like twitter either...

bio was right about it.... besides we don't need any social working sites.... We could attract more players by making new videos in you tube or by making new updates....Sounds better... :P

We can do that. Youtube videos, updates all are good. But realize the viewer size of this private server will not spread information about the game efficiently/effectively Its a fact. Compared to Twitter. Not every video becomes viral or gets subscriptions / viewers.

But Failure to spread into Social Media, You can lose a big benefit there. I am absolutely sure if you ask any business / gaming advertising professional, The answer will be the same. Social Media = More Players = Big Bucks / Big Profits 

That is all I am saying :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Example: I read a Celestia Luna Tweet and Reply < My 400 Followers See it < My 400 follower's followers all see it!

The chain goes on forever! Its so fast, and efficient.

EVERYONE will hear about Celestia Luna So fast! People will be rushing to sign-up and try a new game! I played well over +200 Indie/Mmo games that I discovered via Twitter. It Works. I do not see what your reasons could be for Dis-liking it.

I can only imagine that you are thinking about it from a personal stand point "Its for the desperate and whatever" what you should do Is think of it from a business point of view. Look at all these major companies using it.

Its Not Bad~ It Works~ Just ask Microsoft's 2 MILLION Followers. And then ask there follower's followers. Ect Ect

And I am not obsessed with Twitter. Its just a fun Idea. I like to "#" to Its just a trend.

You should really give it a try, and I hope you guys like it :)

I like to tweet, to interact with people who are in the field of game development, and artist. I want to be a game designer sometime in the future so its good for me to see what these people do, and the process they go through. That is why I like Twitter.

It would just be awesome to see Celestia Luna on there.

I understand though. I hate Facebook for some reason. 

• Administrator

Bootstrap is not what you think it is. It doesn't "help boost the reputation of a site" lol it's a "back engine" for building sites easier, it contains basic and useful features so that you don't have to code them yourself when making a site, and it's not the only one out there. Their intro site says it "Sleek, intuitive, and powerful mobile-first front-end framework for faster and easier web development." it's a kit for more professional and intuitive web development like Foundation, Jquery UI and others, nothing to do with the function of tweeter or anything like that.

• Upvote 1