suggestions for upcoming update

muhazie

Suggestion :

How about increase the magic damage skill (to player, not to monster)? At least 2x, from the damage now.

Generally, Its boring to see GM and SA as "last-picked" mage job. Because the player know, the magic damage is nerfed on this server now. And that class, isn't effective at GuildWar at all (c'mon everyone want to kill, not just healing or disabling).

I just get nervous when fighter can do 30k+ damage but not with normal magic skill.

• Game Master

2x? At least? What. What. What. What. What. WHAT.

They were nerfed because they naturally do crazy damage. My Paladin takes no damage from fighters and rogues, but takes it up the rear end by mages, just like any other class. Nobody really has any magic defense, they don't need any more magic damage as it is. If they get a good stun in, fighters and rogues are pretty much screwed.

• Upvote 1

Assume the normal damage from single magic attack is around 2k to same level, (not crit, because crit isn't always appear). And i think almost fighter have minimum 10k+ HP.

I know the magic damage is crazy naturally.

If we compared about divine sword and burning crash, the DS just deal 2k, and BurningCrash can deal 10k-30k+ (up to 60k with edit item = 1hit) and almost of them near 100% chance to crit (not including block rate of course)?

Mage skill take time to cast, and fighter skill (especially rune impact) is instant. Fighter/rogue can OneHitKO others IF they hit 1st. But mage not.

I think its imbalance? What do you think?

And its why a lot of mage go cardinal/necromancer just for DoT skill (at war).

Other mage job can't have a lot of fun with that. Basically, mage cast magic skill to attack as main, not doing DoT.

And hey seraphyre, i think the DoT is what most player fear of. Than a mage's normal skill/stun. Correct me if i'm wrong, but i bet you get screwed by mage DoT not from others magic skill.

• Game Master

Any mages with decent magic damage can screw my Paladin over. Even if fighters have instant cast time, mages have more range. In a guild war or PVP, they can usually stun them before a fighter or rogue can get close enough to use RI/Shield Boomerang/BC/whatever. Mages got nerfed for a reason, they have certain advantages, and so do fighters and rogues.

Buffing them isn't necessary, especially not by 2x or more. 

Ya... somehow i agrees with alvain.... Because a mage with no buffs is like rubbish -.-
Just like when mages die in pvp , after mage revive with no buffs, mages will surely lose to rogues and fighter.
Fighter even with no buffs can deal a great damage, but when mages with no buffs the cast time will surely lose to a fighter or rogue with no buffs on it. Example : a fighter with p.a 7k no buffs can kill a mage with no buffs in 1 skill, But a mage with m.a 10k cant even kill a fighter in 1 skill critical with no buffs. (Both of them with 10k HP full, lvl are the same)

Any mages with decent magic damage can screw my Paladin over. Even if fighters have instant cast time, mages have more range. In a guild war or PVP, they can usually stun them before a fighter or rogue can get close enough to use RI/Shield Boomerang/BC/whatever. Mages got nerfed for a reason, they have certain advantages, and so do fighters and rogues.

Buffing them isn't necessary, especially not by 2x or more.

im a little bit disagree with the thing 'mages have more range'... As u can see, even that mage's skill have more range, but when in war, Fighter can just use Sonic Boom to kill u as ur cast time is not as fast as the SB , Or the Fighter/Rogues can just stand beside u to wait to revive in war, after revive with no cast&Pdef buffs mages will surely lose to BC/RI/whatever. Edited by Present
Merged 2 posts

A friend tell me that he can OHKO treant with single mag.attack like 100k or more in gpotato. In this server we do 10k at crit, its good. No problem, its balance and acceptable.

But not with the dueling other player x_x in other way, we can say that going full INT / ma is waste of time to fight other player. Its looks like a bit tragedy on my mind , where MAGE not use INT. Or MAGE become 100% tanker. Its fighter job anyway. Mage is about casting spell.

Or this is another suggestion : (i'm not sure with this, i just read them from others)

How about varying the damage of magic skill based on matk? Its not good to see how can lvl 105 deal just around 2k to player with or without that INT equipment?

We have already agreed that the magical damage on other live servers was tweaked and we might do the same, but it's still to come

They already have TONS of disabler, even have the farthest skill that cud stun, if happens magic dmg is to be tweaked to their adv, might as well drop some of those disabler or lower the chance of stun, sleep

• Administrator

They already have TONS of disabler, even have the farthest skill that cud stun, if happens magic dmg is to be tweaked to their adv, might as well drop some of those disabler or lower the chance of stun, sleep

Wut? Sleep is removed with damage. and so is freeze. fighters have a spammable stun+paralyze, how are you in a disadvantage?

honestly all classes have a retaded stun,paralyze,etc with a retardly long duration. ALL CLASSES

• Game Master

Yeah, all classes have their advantages and disadvantages. You're supposed to work with those, not ask to buff certain classes.

Also @alvian, a lot of aspects about CL are different than gPotato, they're like that for a reason. If the Admins think certain classes are over or underpowered, they will change them.

Orange has been asking lots of people questions about their classes and stats and such to see people's average stats and such.

Wut? Sleep is removed with damage. and so is freeze. fighters have a spammable stun+paralyze, how are you in a disadvantage?

honestly all classes have a retaded stun,paralyze,etc with a retardly long duration. ALL CLASSES

You know fyters stun don't always work even on a max level, on mage 1 doesn't work u still get 2-4 others to use just say sleep, a certain mage path has 3 working sleep skills, doesn't mean if a skill doesn't inflict dmg doesnt mean its less helpful on killing, its part of their combo stun, sleep, para the more disabler the more chance their dots to get repeated, tweak their magic dmg,and a skill such as soj a range aoe skill that stuns, on steroid, even more farther than rune impact, try to imagine, idk if I'm makingn sense I ran out of english lmao. .try to play around with a very very good cardinal let him lock u and try to get out from it youll see my point. . anyways Im still excited to whatever d update brings. .

I believe its up to the players choice in skill combo which ultimately decides if you will be over powered, balanced, or suck overall.

I also think that we should keep the skill stun duration the same. And we should not increase Magical Damage to its previous state as seen on other P.servers.

If they get an increase, RI would only get stronger. As would other Magical Warrior skills. and considering that all the classes will be fixed, Crusader might be a force to be reckoned with.

High P.def, High Damage, Magical Warrior.

You tell me if you want That running around PVP 1.

• Administrator

I believe its up to the players choice in skill combo which ultimately decides if you will be over powered, balanced, or suck overall.

I also think that we should keep the skill stun duration the same. And we should not increase Magical Damage to its previous state as seen on other P.servers.

If they get an increase, RI would only get stronger. As would other Magical Warrior skills. and considering that all the classes will be fixed, Crusader might be a force to be reckoned with.

High P.def, High Damage, Magical Warrior.

You tell me if you want That running around PVP 1.

I cannot take anyone who thinks stuns and other ccs' durations in this game are fair seriously. This game has so many flaws regarding skills and damage that PvP should not be allowed, 30 seconds silence? put that in any other mmo and nobody will play it.

Don't you find funny that pvp tournaments and people who duel always say "don't use this", "don't use that"?, if skills and everything else regarding pvp was balanced you would be able to use any skill without shame, after all skills were made to be used not for others to call you a "coward" or a "noob" if you use them.

• Upvote 1

• Game Master

I think it depends, really. If you have multiple stuns, you can combo stun, and if that's the case, do you really need such long stun durations? Many classes have that ability, it's not really fair to classes like Necro and bow rogues and such who really don't stand a chance cause they don't have many disables. 

I think it depends, really. If you have multiple stuns, you can combo stun, and if that's the case, do you really need such long stun durations? Many classes have that ability, it's not really fair to classes like Necro and bow rogues and such who really don't stand a chance cause they don't have many disables.

And imagine if the magic dmg gets to be boosted. . now they get stun n ice that not only stops u but also dmges u. . everyone's gonna be mage, die hard fighter might stay but definitely gonna think hard at going crusader to save them from hassle of getting strike n also magic does dmg now, rogues gonna be at the worst side of it all, aside from their lack of disables their eva will also be mostly useless

But seriously, every mage in the game seems to be cardinals and necromancers with vit stats. Maybe something could be done to make good use of other jobs as well. And I mean not just  for mage class but also the other rarely used fighter jobs too.

Int mage is somewhat crap here anyway.

Low HP, low def, easily nuke by sonic boom or Shield boomerang, etc. and even with high matk they cant nuke players.

Thats why they choose to go on those cardi and necro vit DOTs builds. But dont forget about RM vit that everybody hates

Int mage is somewhat crap here anyway.

Low HP, low def, easily nuke by sonic boom or Shield boomerang, etc. and even with high matk they cant nuke players.

Thats why they choose to go on those cardi and necro vit DOTs builds. But dont forget about RM vit that everybody hates

Actually brought out somewhat imo the best in mages, ugh they're tough to kill when vit, a little but just a little boost I think won't harm but not to the extent wherein everyone on the servers going mage, n omg rm that runs fast 1 min silence whoever they want at will, annoying haha

I cannot take anyone who thinks stuns and other ccs' durations in this game are fair seriously. This game has so many flaws regarding skills and damage that PvP should not be allowed, 30 seconds silence? put that in any other mmo and nobody will play it.

Don't you find funny that pvp tournaments and people who duel always say "don't use this", "don't use that"?, if skills and everything else regarding pvp was balanced you would be able to use any skill without shame, after all skills were made to be used not for others to call you a "coward" or a "noob" if you use them.

This is very true. I have angelic bless in my skill but i never really use it in duel because most people say mean things to me when I use it but I do understand their feelings. I hate losing with long sleep too.

This is very true. I have angelic bless in my skill but i never really use it in duel because most people say mean things to me when I use it but I do understand their feelings. I hate losing with long sleep too.

i know that feeling i have angelic touch maxed tranquility maxed and another sleep skill maxed meaning i can sleep lock player forever or until it bugs out and sleep no longer has any effect, use them in a duel and watch players rage 

• Upvote 3